Can a Big Man Get Some Love??!!

Options

Replies

• yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm impressed. Keep it up. And it is also wonderful that you realize how important it is to support your wife.
  • rayraygbs
    Options
    amazing job, it's great how awesome it feels to actually jog for 3 minutes isn't it! i am finishing week 3 tomorrow!
  • RhoRocks
    RhoRocks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    High five to you and your wife! zoweeeee dude!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    That is quite an incredible run if you ask me. I am quite impressed. We are so glad to have you with us.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love C25K. I'll be finishing up week 5 tomorrow morning!
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Like a rockstar!! You're amazing!

I did C25K earlier this year, so I know what that's like. You got this!!

Feel free to add me to your cheering section!!
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    First of all - never compare yourself to anyone on here. We all have different goals. Not everyone here is in great shape - trust me! I'm completely impressed by your running!!

Second of all - did you have to mention Doritos?? Seriously dude...now that's all I can think of!! :grumble:
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    good job brother! and it sounds like you are starting to love running, so big props!
  • Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Runners run. Period. Lacing up your shoes and getting out there makes you a runner, so you, my friend, are already a runner. The running community welcomes you :)
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    All great things started with the first step, then the next etc. Each step you take is a step closer to achieving your goals.
    Keep at it, Your Really are doing GREAT.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Nice to see a someone else who can relate to me. I started out at 468. I am interested in the C25K, but was leary to run at my weight, so I have been walking between 1 and 2 hours a day and should break the 400 mark within a week.

I wont say good luck, but I will say stay focused and consistant.

Feel free to add me. Would like to have someone who understands what its like facing the fact that you a couple hundred pounds to lose.
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    great job! I am impressed. So awesome that your wife is doing this with you!!
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    If you are 300-400 pounds you should ask your doctor before running. You could hurt your joints or ligaments. Walking would be so much better for you for the next 50-100 pounds. I hope you can just stick to a few minutes in the meantime, because there is nothing that will blow a weight loss plan or catapult you into worse obesity than being immobilized by injury!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I'm hugely impressed!!! I say great job, high five & pat on the back all in one. Seriously!
    Nicely done.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    Options
    Smart girl, you won't get hurt this way. Good job!
    Absolutely amazing! I feel the same way. I want to be a runner! I want it so bad but I know I have a little way to go before I can start running. So far I walk 3 miles 3 days a week. And I'm trying to get my boyfriend into it to. But you are doing GREAT! Keep up the good work! We WILL get there!
  • kms1104
    kms1104 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    YAY! Way to go... not as heavy as that, but also not as fit... I'd be QUITE proud if I ran 3 minutes without walking, I'm with the girl who said she never learned to breathe properly, too. Rock it, work it, and it's one step at a time!
  • RuthSweetTooth
    Options
    Another very wise person who likes to be able to keep his knees intact. That's a good way to start. Even one hour could be alot but if you are comfortable, that's good.
    Nice to see a someone else who can relate to me. I started out at 468. I am interested in the C25K, but was leary to run at my weight, so I have been walking between 1 and 2 hours a day and should break the 400 mark within a week.

I wont say good luck, but I will say stay focused and consistant.

Feel free to add me. Would like to have someone who understands what its like facing the fact that you a couple hundred pounds to lose.
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Great job with both of your runs. You are doing great. :flowerforyou:
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Let's have a bromance
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Great job for the both of you!!! I am not quite the accomplished runner myself but one day I hope to be!!! Proud of you both!!!