I want to know how much coffee you drink

Options

Replies

• AVinmill
    AVinmill Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I used to drink probably a full pot a day but down to 0 now.. More energy than when drinking coffee, but that might have something to do with the eating better too.
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Got this from a magazine but according to the New England Journal of Med. subject who drank 3+cups of joe had a 10% lower risk of early death than non-coffee drinkers Booyah!!!

A ha!, I knew those people who tell me, "you are going to kill yourself with all that espresso" were wrong after all!!

And I also read their chances of colon cancer is something like 15% lower!! :drinker: :drink

The researchers looked in detail at their diets, habits and health, and found that people who drank four or more cups of coffee a day — regular or decaf — had a 15 percent lower risk of colon cancer compared with coffee abstainers.
    :

I'll drink to that! =)
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    sometimes none, a whole pot, or I split a pot w/ my daughter. Just depends on my mood
  • dabratt92
    Options
    at home atleast 20oz cup.. if breakfast is out then normally 3 normal cups. at office 1-3 10 oz cups.. if my business partner brings coffee then another 20 oz cup. Water during and after and rest of the day normally..
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    At least a whole pot a day
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    None.

I drink either Lady Grey or herbal teaa. Coffe just tastes harsh to me.

^ this, only i drink pretty much any tea i can get ahold of. usually decaf though.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Never really counted but over 5 cups a day.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I make a pot with about half regular and half decaf. I drink about 3/4 of the pot daily.
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Now I only usually drink 2 cups a day... I used to drink wayyyyy more.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    up to four 8-oz cups
  • GoalSixPack
    Options
    Anywhere from 2-3 pots of black coffee and a pot or two of green tea atleast
  • Eraggon
    Eraggon Posts: 4
    Options
    Used to drink 6-8 cups a day loaded with evaporated milk, now because I have to lose weight I cut out the milk and can only drink 1-2 max black coffee - yucks!!! Still I drink because I think I crave for the caffiene.... :-)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I only drink lattes - about 40oz - 50oz with probably about 6 - 8 shots. I had been drinking about 6 20oz lattes but cut down as it was using too much of my calorie allowance that I can now use for ice-cream!
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    My coffee maker makes '12' cups. I drink this every day, black, flavourful, aromatic, robust.

MJB French Roast
    Van Houtte

Most any good dark coffee if I am out. Dislike Starbucks.

Sometimes a couple cups of tea (TWININGS Earl Gray, Fujian Green Tea) in the evening during the winter.

No sweeteners, no creamers/lighteners. Straight up!! Never mix a drink.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I can't usually drink more than about 12 oz, because it makes my heart race and my blood pressure go up. But I love it.

I don't drink it at all. To me, it tastes terrible and makes your breath reek. I tried it in college (about 2 cups) while studying for finals once, and I thought I was going to have a heart attack - lots of palpitations and heart racing. It also did terrible things to my digestive tract. I don't know how you guys can stand it. Is it kind of like cigarettes, where you just develop an addiction for it and you don't feel well if you don't have it? :sick:

I am not addicted to it. I go for days without drinking it. But there are very few things in this world as amazing as a caramel granita.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am not addicted to it. I go for days without drinking it. But there are very few things in this world as amazing as a caramel granita.

I just looked that up - looks delish - I think I may be trying to make some!
  • DeTaart
    DeTaart Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    6-8 cups a day (plus a couple of diet cokes - eeek), but trying to cut down. At least I drink it black.

Having cut out treats, alcohol, smoking and become a total gym bunny, caffeine is my one remaining vice. I'm allowed one right?!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I drink about 3 mugs of black coffee per week. I would drink more, but I'm quite sensitive to caffeine - that's about as much as my body can handle. I drink loads of green tea though - about five mugs a day.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Is it kind of like cigarettes, where you just develop an addiction for it and you don't feel well if you don't have it? :sick:

Not for me - I just love the taste. It's like a nice treat for me. But I know a couple of people who drank so much of it each day that they got withdrawal symptoms when they tried to quit.
  • stufielding
    stufielding Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have stopped drinking coffee fullstop during the week about 4 weeks ago... replaced with Green Tea. Was a 3 mugs a daykinda guy. Was actually supprised that I could do it as I do love coffee but I have grown to like green tea now.

Now ill maybe have a mug of coffee on a saturday morning.