Man, I love Family Guy but...

Options
12346»

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Question to those who find certain topics "too offensive" - Do you think that jokes about these topics should be censored? Or are you just expressing your opinion that it offends you personally?

With me, it's just that I, personally, dislike that brand of humor. I'm not into censoring anything, though.

I get offended at some (but not all) of the topics mentioned, so I prefer to just change the channel.

I'm the same. I, personally, think some jokes are classless and not funny but I'm not attempting to have such shows taken off the air. I just won't watch them.

I do think Family Guy has it's funny moments, but I also feel certain subjects just shouldn't be mad fun of (making light of very real human suffering is NOT funny to me).
  • Jexebel
    Jexebel Posts: 67
    Options
    Family guy is great. I mean it's less funny these days than it used to be. But still fun to watch. If you're offended or dislike it (totally ok), don't watch it, but don't complain about it because you're too uptight or sensitive or whatevs.
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Everything on family guy is funny. It's a comedy... laugh.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    South Park and Family Guy are hilarious.

I wonder when there will be a Penn State South Park episode.

YES ^^^ You know you make it big when you are featured on South Park
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    South Park. Canadians. nuff said.

I don't know what you're talking aboot!

I'm Canadian and I find it absolutely hilarious!!!!!!

terrenceandphilip.jpg

I'm not your buddy.....GUY!!!!! \m/
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I love Family Guy a LOT and it takes me a lot to get offended when it comes to jokes. BUT one joke made me cringe and I thought it was highly inappropriate. It was in an episode where Stewie dresses like a girl and enters a child beauty pageant and says that it's a "one way ticket to a s***n soaked death in a basement." It was obviously a reference to Jon Benet Ramsey,a little girl who did pageants and was raped and murdered and found in the basement of her home. You can joke about a lot of things, but hurting/molesting/murdering a child should NEVER, EVER be one of those things...

What's a s***n?

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to write the word for what comes out of a man when he ejaculates. MFP bleeps out random words sometimes. Like **** and *****... hehe...

It didn't bleep out ejaculates. I don't know why it would bleep out semen. They are clinical terms, not cuss words, for crying out loud.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Are you really this upset over a cartoon? :noway:

Family Guy killed my dad and aborted my baby into a dumpster. Not funny

"Prom night dumpster babyyyyyyyyy" LOVE THAT SONG!!!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Wait, your son is in Ted? Are you Marky Mark's mom??

Hahah, no, the things I think about regarding Mark Wahlberg are decidedly NOT maternal. :P

My son was an extra in the movie, he's in the beginning, before the opening credits. My older son found a clip that I posted here:

http://twitpic.com/ad84nr

My son is near the end of the clip, opening up the Nintendo. :)

The cool thing about this clip is that it's actually DIFFERENT from the scene that is in the theaters...so I have gotten to see a few different versions. :D

THAT IS AWESOME!!!! Now I need to go see the movie!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    South Park. Canadians. nuff said.

I don't know what you're talking aboot!

I'm Canadian and I find it absolutely hilarious!!!!!!
    I'm not your buddy.....GUY!!!!! \m/

I'm not Canadian, and haven't watched in years, they pss me off :wink: but i know they don't like Bryan Adams or Celine Dion!
  • Crystle23
    Options
    A little ridiculous you can't say semen!! I mean it is a medical term for the fluid. Cum on MFP! haha
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

family-guy-favorite-musical-numbers-832-image_gallery_3382_family-guy-dumpster-baby.jpg
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    The aboot to be princess royal wedding pudding episode was priceless \m/
  • mirandamayhem
    Options

family-guy-favorite-musical-numbers-832-image_gallery_3382_family-guy-dumpster-baby.jpg

this! I love how Seth MacFarlane can do a show tune out of anything!
  • CanadianThunder
    Options
    Meh. I'm indifferent to the show. If there's nothing else on, I'll watch it. Some episodes are funny and some are not. People obviously enjoy it, and I'm not going to make a stink over what I find offensive. If I don't like the episode, I'll turn it off and read.
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    Yeah I thought that was so hypocritical of him. Looking back though chef may have run his course at that point so it's kind of great he left the show. The Trapped in the Closet episode was too funny with the disclaimer at the bottom that flashed and said "This is what they actually believe". It was ok to talk about Jews, Catholics, Christians, etc but Scientology was off limits...c'mon man!
    Reminding me of Isaac Hayes (who plays the voice of Chef on South Park) quitting the show because of them crossing the line on the issue of Scientology. It's fun to joke about everything but once it's something that hits home for you, it's no longer funny. Seems hypocritical to me. Some people can't handle that kind of satire. It obviously gets them ratings so they are doing something right.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/11812699/ns/today-entertainment/t/scientologist-isaac-hayes-quits-south-park/#.UC5U_t2PWO0