Bestest things your S/O has ever done for you

Options
14567810»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    He's just always been there for me and loved me and showed me that I had value that I didn't know I had. We were friends for two years before we started dating, and he had a crush on me that whole time. One really cool thing was that he realized that I was not able to say no. Actually because of my past I had been trained as a child to never say no through violence. That stuck with me so long that when I tried to say no, I would stutter and could not get the words out. So, he made up a game in which it was very safe to say no and he helped me get very comfortable with saying no and we would do that for a short time each day, until it was fun and easy for me. That's just one example of how great he is.

When I was pregnant I had nausea and vomiting for the entire nine months. He would get up first thing in the morning as soon as I was awake (no matter how early) and he would make me scrambled eggs. I had to stay in bed very still and eat them very slowly. I got breakfast in bed every morning. Too bad I couldn't enjoy it. But, I love him so much for that. He never complained. Again just one example of how loving he is.

He was such an incredible support to me when I was in labor and giving birth.

He massages my muscles when they are sore.

Everyday, every moment, just the way he looks at me I know that he loves me.
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    Perfectly said in a earlier post:

I would say that the best thing my husband has ever done for me is kind of all inclusive. He's not really romantic or sappy or sentimental (neither am I, so it works), but he is sooooo supportive of me. He lets me BE ME. He knows all my faults and loves me regardless. He is the hardest working man I've ever met and is a great provider for our family. We started out with practically nothing, and now we're looking to build our first house. He communicates with me. He is honest. He apologizes when he's done something to hurt me (being able to say, "I'm sorry" is a big deal for me). He washes his own laundry! Haha. He is a great daddy. He is truly my best friend. :heart:

~~Now this one is a keeper!!!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I love my kids, but if I had to go through what she went through I'm not sure I would have made it to 4! Childbirth is one incredible feat!!! Without that courage, I would not have an awesome family of 6 ...

On a more "fun and exciting" note, she surprised me (totally) with a party for my undergrad ... lots of people, food, music and fun ... all in my back yard ... and I had not clue! She is awesome! :)
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Great to know that there is so much love in this World. Thanks for sharing.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of this thread!

My husband and I have been through a lot together. I think what touched me most was while he was in the army, and stationed about 12 hrs drive away from me, he would get off work Friday afternoon and drive all night to spend just a day and a half with me before driving all night again to get back just in time for PT at 4am on Monday. Granted he wasn't able to do it every weekend because we were tight on money back then (and he had tons of field training that kept him busy for months), but he basically poured everything he had into making our long distance relationship work, and it has definitely paid off now that we are living together and happily married. :blushing:

He also completely combed out my dreadlocks for me when I decided to get rid of them (took collectively 24hrs). :blushing: He's a total keeper.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Kissed me when he thought I was sleeping.

^^^ I love this, so cute!
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When my husband was at basic training he called my dad for a quick moment during his weekly 10min phone call with out me knowing. Turns out the next week when valentines day rolled around, I had a knock at the door and the florist delivery man brought me a dozen red roses. My husband had called my dad, asked him to order flowers for me since I was going to be close to a thousand miles from him on valentines day. I happened to be down in the dumps that day, and I was so surprised! I got kind of teary thinking about it again.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    My husband does almost everything for me. he brings me my coffee in the morning, he makes me my tea at night. He is there for me no matter what and makes me feel loved and secure. When I am having a bad day with the scale, he will text me during the day to tell me I am hot or sexy. He is a great dad to my kids ( not his by blood) , he is an equal partner in housework and laundry, he is my biggest cheerleader.

He was my rock when my parents passed away. He has been my support through the terrible..horrible...awful teen years.

He moved from the US to Canada to be my husband and has become a Canadian citizen ( although sometimes I think he moved here for the better beer)

The only thing he is not so great at...and this is completely forgiveable.... is cooking.

Other than that...he is perfect
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    My husband is the best ever. lol. I was having the worst PMS ever a couple of weeks ago - crabby and cramping and tired and probably miserable to live with - and he comes home from work during his lunch break with a HUGE Oreo Blizzard. Haha! Not so good for my waistline, but it's little things like that telling me that he understands me and doesn't hold my hormones and mood swings against me. :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    LEAVE....

no literally...when he walked out the door...it was the BEST.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    When my dad was sick and I needed someone to drive me to Toronto because I was too exhausted to do it myself, my boyfriend drove 2.5 hours from his parents cottage/sisters birthday to come get me, take me to Toronto to see my dad, and up to the cottage for the remainder of the weekend.

Also, be as crazy supportive as he has been about everything that I want to do. He pays my share of the rent, and bills so I can afford to pay my loans. He is more than willing to buy healthy foods so I can stay on track. He's putting me on his gym account so I don't have to pay the start-up fee.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    We've been married for just over 5 years and he still surprises me with flowers and a sweet note every now and then and always tells me that I'm beautiful. :)
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    The best thing? Came into my life :blushing: He is my best friend and I would be lost without him.
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My husband is the best ever. lol. I was having the worst PMS ever a couple of weeks ago - crabby and cramping and tired and probably miserable to live with - and he comes home from work during his lunch break with a HUGE Oreo Blizzard. Haha! Not so good for my waistline, but it's little things like that telling me that he understands me and doesn't hold my hormones and mood swings against me. :)

That's super sweet! I've recently been trying to teach my husband NOT to comfort me with food. I realized when I was sad, stressed, celebrating etc. he would get me my favorite foods. Now, I have to learn to celebrate and cope in a different way. He has been very supportive though and IF/WHEN I really want to cheat and have a treat he doesn't say anything about it. It is a BIG deal to me to feel like I CAN have anything I want, if I decide to.

Oddly enough, the BEST thing my husband ever did was help me learn to breastfeed my daughter. It took a few days to get used to, and I would have for sure given up if it wasn't for his help. :)
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Made me a mommy!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Gave me two healthy and beautiful girls.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    That thing with his mouth. And putting up with me I guess.
  • erikapereira
    Options
    this topic is going to make me cry.....
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When I was with child, I craved pickles.

It was Valentines Day, he sliced and cut Pickles in to Heart shapes. Made a cute little label for the jar.

I did not have the heart to eat any of them! They sat in my fridge for months! lol!
  • areufnkiddingme
    areufnkiddingme Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This past weekend we took the kids back to school shopping in Birch Run. I had been hinting that I'd love to go to Bronner's (a HUGE Christmas store). He's kind of a Scrooge but took us anyway. We were there for an hour and a half and not once did he complain. He grabbed a basket and told the kids and to pick out what we'd like! That's a first for him and that we the sweetest thing!!

Michigan Love!