Have you had any chocolate lately? :)

Options

Replies

• KlaMorgan
    KlaMorgan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    dont deprive yourself.. i love, love, love chocolate. i eat snackwells fudge drizzled popcorn (130 cal & 3g fat).. so good!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Everyday! I run an extra mile so I can eat chocolate <3
  • emmab_73
    emmab_73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of pieces of dark chocolate a few times a week. You're not doing yourself any favours by denying yourself certain foods, because one day you're going to snap and then binge. I buy the large (250g) Cadbury's Fruit & Nut Dark or the Lindt Excellent Dark bars, and will have 2 squares. Because it's dark chocolate, it's rich. And because it's good quality chocolate, you get immense flavour in a small piece. As long as you count it, you're fine. Just remember, keep everything within healthy portions, and you won't have to do without. Have a great weekend!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Chocolate isn't bad for you...
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Haven't had chocolate in probably two months, maybe more.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If you eat a giant, zillion-calorie hunk of chocolate, then it's a zillion calories. Otherwise, you can eat smaller portions of chocolate any time you like, as long as it fits into your total calories for the day. I eat a little dark chocolate every now and then. Would suck to live entirely without it.
  • emmab_73
    emmab_73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Moderation is the key - i was doing some chocolate everyday, but my lactose intolerance raised it's ugly head ... so now I need to watch my milk intake.

But don't "punish" yourself - if you want a treat, go for it, but keep the amount correct for your cals and log it - no cheating. Remember, you are trying to learn how to eat right, but also not make yourself miserable.

I hear your pain my friend...since being on Metformin for PCOS, I've developed a lactose intolerance. I find that dark chocolate doesn't have any negative effect on me. I hope you're still able to enjoy some chocolate! Happy Weekend!
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Almost EVERY Day! Check these out... 110 calories for 13 of these chocolate beauties:

http://www.missmeringue.com/Minis--Chocolate/p/MER-051902&c=MissMeringue@Minis

And, from the work cafeteria: 8oz carton of Hood Fat Free Chocolate Milk = Calcium, no-fat protein and chocolate yumminess! I think about 120 calories.

bookmarked!! :love: :smooched:
  • polarlove
    polarlove Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think the last time I went an entire day without chocolate was in February when I had food poisoning :laugh:
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I had two homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies last night!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Guilty - had some about an hour ago but in my defence it's all been accounted for so shouldn't make any difference... :)
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I have dark chocolate consistently. It just depends how much you are having. I keep dark chocolate chips in my freezer and either have a few or sprinkle some in yogurt. :)
  • dwarfstarzero
    dwarfstarzero Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/6-health-benefits-of-dark-chocolate.html#b

A little bit of dark chocolate is actually good for you, just all things in mad moderation. I've also read a study that dark chocolate can actually stimulate digestion, so it may assist in your weight loss endeavors. I usually buy the fresh and easy dark chocolate bars, they come in a three pack, and if you eat just half a bar, it's only 105 calories. Also, if you freeze your chocolate, it makes you eat it more slowly, so you get satiated at a better rate.
  • hmarean
    hmarean Posts: 15
    Options
    To get my fix I eat chocolate granola bars like Nature Valley Dark Chocolate yummm!

This! I do the same!
  • llpleslie
    Options
    I eat fiber one brownies 90 calories or Speciial K choc pastries 100 calories
  • furby1
    furby1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Minstrel chocolates and always have a packet at home. Each one is approx 15 cals, so if i have the urge i just have 1 or 2 and i do log them. I do have to hide them when my sister visits as she cannot have chocolate around and not eat it....guess i'm very fortunate in that while i do enjoy chocolate I can easily limit it.....but don't let me near a box of pringles crisps especially the salt and vinegar type......i'd bite your hand of to get them!....LOL
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    not daily...but often. My biggest thing in the hot weather was ice cream. So I got mini ice cream bars, and I had one daily...or a fruit popsicle ( I was finding huge bits of strawberry in the strawberry one!)

yesterday I bought 3 snickers PB squared bars, and 2 packs of hershey's simple pleasures. I was a good girl and only ate 1 snickers square, and the rest went in the fridge for another day
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yup, every day :smile:

Dark chocolate, milk chocolate (yesterday) and today will be a carob coated 9 bar.... nom

Oh and chocolate nut protein shakes too (I have a very sweet tooth)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate every single day! :)
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    2 squares of Hershey's 60% dark Chocolate right before I goto sleep every night =)