Deleting Friends

Options
CaseyP1207
CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
What reasons do you delete friends on MFP? I like to keep a small group so I can easily support, motivate and get to know people. Here are some reasons why I have deleted:

1. Not logging in consistently. Long gaps in activity.
2. No communication. I don't expect daily; but some is necessary.
3. Bashing on other people. I can take it if you bash on me; but don't knock other people (I'm protective like that).

I think that's about it. This was prompted because I deleted someone and she asked me why. She had constant gaps in her log ins. She would frequently go weeks at a time w/o activity.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Just one reason: over 1 month of no activity. I go through my list about once a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Usually because we never interact. I like to keep my FL kind of low.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I haven't deleted anyone yet. I suppose I should go through my friends list. I do have to admit, I suck at commenting. But I'm on here daily.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    If they annoy me.

If they never talk to me.

If they never post a new status.

If they haven't logged in in awhile.

If we have nothing in common.

That about covers it.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i had a total freak out last week, after a bunch of drama (partially self-inflicted), and i cut nearly 100 people. I've worked through it, and hope i've learned enough from it that i don't go through that again!

other wise, just the usual reasons - lack of activity or interaction is probably the most common for me.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    1. Long absences from the site.
    2. Way too many posts or obnoxious/needless postings...nothing in particular, just if they come to annoy me or I get tired of seeing them on my feed saying the most inane, inconsequential *kitten*. Especially if they're not funny. I need to be entertained.
    3. Rudeness to other members, whether they're my friends or not. I don't need negative or abusive people on my list.
    4. Lack of interaction.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    this_thread_again.jpg \m/
  • CaseyP1207
    CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If they annoy me.

If they never talk to me.

If they never post a new status.

If they haven't logged in in awhile.

If we have nothing in common.

That about covers it.

Hahaha! I LOVE Numero Uno!
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The same reaons you do. I posted a status about it last night and said I would give it 2 days to see if anyone wanted to start giving me the motivation I give them. So tomorrow is the day I will be deleting!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    i had a total freak out last week, after a bunch of drama (partially self-inflicted), and i cut nearly 100 people. I've worked through it, and hope i've learned enough from it that i don't go through that again!

other wise, just the usual reasons - lack of activity or interaction is probably the most common for me.

I hope you have worked it out...lol
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    i usually delete if they wont show me their bewbs..
    ^^sooooo this means you're about to delete me huh??

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I delete for drama.....grow up
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    piss me off/hurt me deeply

that's about it....
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    same as you :)
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    So far only for inactivity of 2 months or more
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Don't delete me bro...
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Easily offended

(but they usually delete me first)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    i usually delete if they wont show me their bewbs..

::wonders how I'm still on your FL since I have kept my boobs to myself::
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    inactivity, unless they've stated why they're absent or lack of interaction.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    What reasons do you delete friends on MFP? I like to keep a small group so I can easily support, motivate and get to know people. Here are some reasons why I have deleted:

1. Not logging in consistently. Long gaps in activity.
    2. No communication. I don't expect daily; but some is necessary.
    3. Bashing on other people. I can take it if you bash on me; but don't knock other people (I'm protective like that).

I think that's about it. This was prompted because I deleted someone and she asked me why. She had constant gaps in her log ins. She would frequently go weeks at a time w/o activity.

^ If i didn't log on regularly I wouldn't be shocked if people deleted me. This isn't FB... we are here to support and motivate one another :) I'm thinking of deleting a couple people but I'm really concerned about one of them so I may give her more time...

And I just realized either someone deleted me or they left MFP... If she deleted me it may be because she didn't like my enthusiasm :tongue: