Deleting Friends

Options

Replies

• ShaunMc1968
    Options
    If they are not supportive back -

I deleted one who thought this was My Fitness Fan - she never gave any feedback to anyone and basked in the admiration of guys who thought she was super hot and sucked up to her.

Gone!
  • ndwyer0910
    ndwyer0910 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    People who never log in get deleted...
    People who make statuses every 5 minutes get deleted...
    Oh, and creepers get deleted often.

I second these three reasons. I hate the ones that treat this like FB though too.

"So my boyfriend took me to the movies...." ...okay and? did u run in and out of the theater? did u eat wrong and need someone to help motivate u not to eat it again? smh...that annoys me!!

Only once did i put on here that I am going through a lot and i put that I am loosing motivation to workout and I wanted people to help set my head straight and they did because I have awesome friends on MFP.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Lack of logging in;
    Lack of interaction;
    If they have a huge friends list, I often delete. I figure they won't miss me;
    Their posts are too negative or too vulgar;
    And sometimes I delete bc they just don't seem... bright :wink:
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Because I can.
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Cause I can.

I had one that sent me 19 messages asking why I deleted her...

That is insane! WOW.. what a creeper!
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I only have two rules, I try and make an effort to talk to everyone on my friends list but if you show no interest in wanting to talk to me, I'll delete you. I have anorexia so I won't deny a friend request based on the fact you have one, I would happily support someone going through an eating disorder but if you're trying to glamorise your eating disorder then trust me, you're gone. I refuse to have time wasters in my life and people triggering me just isn't worth it, I have to think about my health. Sounds harsh but that's the way it goes.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Same reasons as most. Lack of any interaction and extreme negativity are the worst to me, though.

Hey, Jeanine, can I have my Weed Whacker back? I need to prune some too! :flowerforyou:
  • ItsDawnMarie
    ItsDawnMarie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    No Interaction, not logging in for a while or if there just a d!ck.
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    i usually delete if they wont show me their bewbs..

I may be going out on a limb here but I'm going to guess based on the current profile pics that rm830 and Mama_Mila are NOT gettting deleted from your list.
  • RobinShay
    RobinShay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Are they on yours Mr 2ude?? LOL!! *giggles*
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    mmmm becouse they dont said a word in a month! :wink:
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    QUESTION! - If you delete someone does it send them a notification????
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I hate the "screennamewhatever hasnt logged in for two weeks". Dont waste my news feed with your lack of committment. Unless youre on vacation then you get a pass.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    QUESTION! - If you delete someone does it send them a notification????
    no but you will not be listed if they search their friend list for you
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Only if there are extended periods of inactivity, like they last logged in 3 months ago.
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Anorexia
    Bulimia
    Cutting
    Not making healthy(er) choices.
  • j9ksr
    j9ksr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Someone deleted me because of that. I think it's funny. I mean....perhaps you should shoot me a supportive email...asking if everything's ok or something like that. Clearly, to each their own....if you feel you need someone to hold your hand as you go through this "program" then I do hope you find those types of people. Maybe instead of feeling like you need the support all the time, why not check and see if that person needs your support too...? Just food for thought.
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    i delete people that have long periods of inactivity.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    What reasons do you delete friends on MFP? I like to keep a small group so I can easily support, motivate and get to know people. Here are some reasons why I have deleted:

1. Not logging in consistently. Long gaps in activity.
    2. No communication. I don't expect daily; but some is necessary.
    3. Bashing on other people. I can take it if you bash on me; but don't knock other people (I'm protective like that).

I think that's about it. This was prompted because I deleted someone and she asked me why. She had constant gaps in her log ins. She would frequently go weeks at a time w/o activity.

Same here!
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I have a few reasons for deleting

1. If they haven't logged in consistently, usually if it's over a week but sometimes less if it's someone who I never talk to.
    2. People that never comment or respond to comments. I deleted one girl who I would constantly comment on her statuses and she would never comment on mind, or say anything about my comments. lol.
    3. Anyone who is making unhealthy decisions (not food, but like eating 500 calories a day) and doesn't take advice from others.
    4. Anyone who pushes their "fasting" "diet pills" and other crap down mine and my friends throats. That my friend, I am NOT okay with.