HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    If they annoy me.

If they never talk to me.

If they never post a new status.

If they haven't logged in in awhile.

If we have nothing in common.

That about covers it.

THIS! And people pushing programs, pills or eating disorders.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    1. If they don't log in for a week and i don't communicate with them very often
    2. No support, meaning they never comment on my diary's or work outs. Thats the whole reason we have friends on here, to support each other right?!
    3. The Ana and Mia girls. I cannot stand to see the crazy stuff they post. Sorry, i don't want to read about you feeling like a fat cow because you went over 500 calories today. 50% of their posts seem like cries for attention, and the other 50% are just purely delusional. I dont know why, but i get lots of friend requests from that group.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    What reasons do you delete friends on MFP? I like to keep a small group so I can easily support, motivate and get to know people. Here are some reasons why I have deleted:

1. Not logging in consistently. Long gaps in activity.
    2. No communication. I don't expect daily; but some is necessary.
    3. Bashing on other people. I can take it if you bash on me; but don't knock other people (I'm protective like that).

I think that's about it. This was prompted because I deleted someone and she asked me why. She had constant gaps in her log ins. She would frequently go weeks at a time w/o activity.

Same here!

^^^ word
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've thought about deleting people who have consistently terrible diaries.

Example of terrible diary:

Breakfast
    2 pieces of pizza

Lunch
    1/2 of a big watermelon

Dinner
    2oz. chicken breast

AM Snack
    Twix

PM Snack
    Swiss Cake Rolls

Cardio
    180 minutes of hard core dancing

UNDER CALORIES!

But in the end I guess a terrible diary is better than being dishonest?
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    What reasons do you delete friends on MFP? I like to keep a small group so I can easily support, motivate and get to know people. Here are some reasons why I have deleted:

1. Not logging in consistently. Long gaps in activity.
    2. No communication. I don't expect daily; but some is necessary.
    3. Bashing on other people. I can take it if you bash on me; but don't knock other people (I'm protective like that).

I think that's about it. This was prompted because I deleted someone and she asked me why. She had constant gaps in her log ins. She would frequently go weeks at a time w/o activity.
    1. I'm with you on the long gaps in activity. I will tolerate a few days or even a few weeks, but more than ninety days and you're history...unless you are someone I know IRL.
    2. Again, with you on the verbally abusive behavior (with malicious intent, of course). I don't mind lighthearted teasing, but when it gets serious and heated, I'm not gonna tolerate it.
    3. Too much political or religious debate. I'm not here for that. I'm here to lose weight and get fit, as is (I hope) everyone else on my friends list. MFP, of all places, should be a site where we can lay aside our differences and support one another in a common goal.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Usually anyone with over a month of no activity gets deleted.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I like round numbers to the closest 10
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    If you're striving to be healthy, then you stay.
    I want to be surrounded by those people.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    i usually delete if they wont show me their bewbs..

Cheers! Bewbs all around!!!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I like to keep my FL low. If we don't interact or have some sort of "connection" or "common ground" than I remove.
    It's not a popularity contest for me here. I like to follow people who are doing similar routines, or who I have connected with on some level.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Someone deleted me because of that. I think it's funny. I mean....perhaps you should shoot me a supportive email...asking if everything's ok or something like that. Clearly, to each their own....if you feel you need someone to hold your hand as you go through this "program" then I do hope you find those types of people. Maybe instead of feeling like you need the support all the time, why not check and see if that person needs your support too...? Just food for thought.

I get your point. But I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say that this site is a community of people who converse with each other on a daily basis. It's not just about logging your food and exercise. I go to my friends on here for all sorts of things, and some of the things I write in my posts can be somewhat private. I don't see the need to keep people on my friends lists who don't take this seriously. Not saying that you (or the people who don't log) don't take weight loss seriously. But if someone doesn't log in everyday and make it a point to know what is going on in the community, I don't see the need to keep them on my list. With that being said, if one of my friends (someone who I know pretty well and have talked to frequently) stops logging in. I would definitely write them message after message asking if they are okay before deleting. The only people that I delete (for the most part) are people who haven't logged in for a long time and someone who doesn't comment frequently and doesn't converse with me often. No hard feelings, that's just how some people are.
  • jcstanton
    Options
    I've thought about deleting people who have consistently terrible diaries.

Example of terrible diary:

Breakfast
    2 pieces of pizza

Lunch
    1/2 of a big watermelon

Dinner
    2oz. chicken breast

AM Snack
    Twix

PM Snack
    Swiss Cake Rolls

Cardio
    180 minutes of hard core dancing

UNDER CALORIES!

But in the end I guess a terrible diary is better than being dishonest?

Or they complain about feeling terrible or not losing weight and ask for advice. Then, when you say, "Oh, gee, I don't know. Maybe lay off the pizza and junk food and start eating more fruits and veggies?" "No, that can't be the problem! See? I'm under my calorie goal!" Aaarrgghh! I hate that! Don't ask for my advice, then shoot it down without even trying to implement my suggestion.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    no real workouts
    nothing posted except completion of diary
    copy-pasting 'wtg' on 400 people's statuses every day regardless of what the status says.
    gay bashing
    all whining and complaining with no action
    different life views that would clash often
    a 'the world owes me' attitude
    refusal to try new things
    a firm belief that they are a unique and special snowflake and eating right and exercising wont work for them.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I like to keep my FL low. If we don't interact or have some sort of "connection" or "common ground" than I remove.
    It's not a popularity contest for me here. I like to follow people who are doing similar routines, or who I have connected with on some level.

Exactly. I like to follow people who are doing a similar work out routine, similar height/weight, similar calorie goals, and people who have good diaries. These are the kind of people I am inspired and encouraged by!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Just one reason: over 1 month of no activity. I go through my list about once a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This is mine also. Thirty days and your out.
  • jcstanton
    Options
    Someone deleted me because of that. I think it's funny. I mean....perhaps you should shoot me a supportive email...asking if everything's ok or something like that. Clearly, to each their own....if you feel you need someone to hold your hand as you go through this "program" then I do hope you find those types of people. Maybe instead of feeling like you need the support all the time, why not check and see if that person needs your support too...? Just food for thought.

Actually, I usually shoot them a message before deleting them and I give them 24hrs to respond. However, I rarely hear back from them. If someone hasn't been on here in 90 days or more, chances are they have given up trying for the time being, or they've just decided that MFP wasn't for them.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Oh also... people who post in the "Tell me Im pretty thread"

Post TOM threads

People who post "Does sex count as exercise"

Or any other dumb thread.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

then how are we still friends???
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options

then how are we still friends???

You know which threads I am referring to, don't play stupid.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

I had one that sent me 19 messages asking why I deleted her...

That's not at all creepy... /sarcasm.