Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Also, wanted to share that if you aren't already doing it, you may want to start doing measurements. I measure my bust, waist, hips, arms and legs once a month and record it in a little book. I started one year ago. I looked back this morning and checked how far I've come. Even though I am up about 12 lbs from last April, I am down 14.75 inches over my body! Yay!
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Morgori wrote: »
    To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have. ~Ken S. Keyes, Jr.

LOVE this quote! This is a key to practicing mindfulness and intentional living, two of my quests this year.

Hi all! A belated Happy Easter to you! It sounds like many had nice days with friends and family...and food. :wink: I logged as much as I could remember, and tried to stick to the lighter options, but I know I went over. It was the glorified eggs that got me! (We have glorified eggs in my family, not deviled.)

The weekend was chilly and windy and overcast, but around midday yesterday, the sun came out and the temperature jumped from low 50s to mid 70s in about an hour. I tackled more yard work (freaking pecan tree seedlings and lady finger vines are trying to take over again), planted some flowers, and even started on spring cleaning!

Melifornia's Weekly Goals - April 5-11

Diet
    • Create a meal plan AND DO IT -
    • Try at least one of the smoothie packets I made - Tried the strawberry-blueberry-banana one on 4/7; liked it!
    • Meet protein goal daily - x/4
    • Drink 96oz water daily - 2/4

Exercise
    • Strength training (restarting routine) 2x - x/2
    • Cardio 3x - 1/3
    • Yoga daily - 3/4

Personal
    • Update blog -
    • Miracle Morning daily - 3/4 (Days 91-97 this week)
    • Finish reading The Five Love Languages of Children - about 2/3 finished

Home
    • Spring Cleaning: complete one room + car -
    • Take donations to Goodwill, library, etc. -
    • Paint/touch up in living room -
    • Clean up/clear out backyard - in progress

Work
    • Finish client #1's website update -
    • Finish client #2's website update - DONE
    • Complete at least half of edits on client #3's website -
    • Arrange and complete 2 interviews and send out for transcription as needed - x/4
    • Write and file 3 newspaper stories - x/3
    • Write and file 1 magazine story - x/1
    • Sub 1 1/2 days -

April All-In Goals
    • Cardio, at least 30 minutes, 4x/week - 5/16
    • Strength training 2x week - 1/8
    • Login to MFP daily - 7/30
    • Meet protein goal minimum of 20/30 days - x/20
    • Drink 96z water minimum of 20/30 days - 4/20

Mantra: Live intentionally
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy World Health Day

The World Health Day is a global health awareness day celebrated every year on 7 April, under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization (WHO).
    In 1948, the WHO held the First World Health Assembly. The Assembly decided to celebrate 7 April of each year, with effect from 1950, as the World Health Day. The World Health Day is held to mark WHO's founding, and is seen as an opportunity by the organization to draw worldwide attention to a subject of major importance to global health each year. The WHO organizes international, regional and local events on the Day related to a particular theme. Resources provided continue beyond 7 April, that is, the designated day for celebrating the World Health Day.
    World Health Day is acknowledged by various governments and non-governmental organizations with interests in public health issues, who also organize activities and highlight their support in media reports, such as through press releases issued in recent years by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the Global Health Council.
    World Health Day is one of eight official global public health campaigns marked by WHO, along with World Tuberculosis Day, World Immunization Week, World Malaria Day, World No Tobacco Day, World Blood Donor Day, World Hepatitis Day, and World AIDS Day.

World Health Organization

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. ~Buddha

Tom
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @hansea47 That's a great idea. I'm going to start taking my measurements monthly as my weight loss has slowed down "a lot" but keeping a record of my measurements would hopefully encourage me.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @Tanya949~I'm excited to report that my Fitbit Charge HR was shipped today! :smiley:

@Tom~I love today's quote!

@GOINSTD12~My parents have a little over 5 acres that my dad takes care of, up until last year he walked behind a really wide mower but since he's in his 70s felt he deserved a riding mower (which my nephews really get a kick out of). I think $40 was money well spent. :wink:

• 2ledbetter
    Options
    @RobinsEgg How did your nights sleep go? I was concerned about your taking two sleeping pills.
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @kah68 - I grew up on 2 acres and as soon as I was old enough, I took over mowing because I liked it so much. In fact, one of the two times my parents grounded me in my life was because I mowed the front yard - which had several dips and dales - too soon after it rained. Yep, that's the kind of kid I was. :innocent: I still love to mow; it's almost a zen activity for me. My current yard is tiny, so I've been known to go over to family and friend's houses to mow their yards when I'm agitated. :smiley:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    melifornia wrote: »
    @kah68 - I grew up on 2 acres and as soon as I was old enough, I took over mowing because I liked it so much. In fact, one of the two times my parents grounded me in my life was because I mowed the front yard - which had several dips and dales - too soon after it rained. Yep, that's the kind of kid I was. :innocent: I still love to mow; it's almost a zen activity for me. My current yard is tiny, so I've been known to go over to family and friend's houses to mow their yards when I'm agitated. :smiley:

LOL Mowing lawn and snowblowing is how I earned my allowance as a teenager, hated it. :confounded: Our yard was so hilly that I dreaded doing it. Oddly enough, my sister never had to do that kind of thing for her allowance after I went off to college. :wink: I don't do it now, luckily my HOA takes care of it. :smirk:

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    I must chime in on the lawn mowing. I grew up in a large family. The lawn mowing went to the boys and the girls did the indoor domestic stuff. Except for me. I loved, truly loved splitting wood. We heated with wood and there was always a large pile to be split and I would go out there and work at it until I thought the rest of the girls had the house clean. On Saturdays the girls could not leave the house until we did a basket of ironing. I would jump in first to get mine done so I could leave as soon as possible.

@MegBoden - Welcome, this is a great place to visit often.

@Morgori - Thanks for the Buddha quote. It resonates with me today.

@skinnyjeanzbound - Yea on the grading!!! Hoping for the best on the agreement.

AFM - Too bad Wisconsin lost last night. I fell asleep before tip off, so I got the news this morning.
    I am still sailing along. Doing what I can where I can. Meeting or coming close to most of my goals.
    I would like to have lost a few more pounds this year but I will take the ones I did loose and be happy about them. Last year this time I was shopping for summer clothes in sizes 20 to 24 and this year I am shopping in 12 to 14 so I am so very happy about that.

Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started using Run keeper this weekend. I do not run but I used it for hiking! It was great to see the map after and to see how I did on elevation etc. It was a good weekend. I tried Zumba Step for the first time, went on a 5 mile hike and did regular Zumba. I went shopping yesterday for a new swim suit. I also tried on some dresses and I found I have skipped a size! That was exciting! I am down 85 pounds. My goal current small goal is to drop another 15 pounds so I will be officially 100 pounds down! I can’t wait!

Sorry, I am way behind on reading all the posts once again!
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    sorry - somehow it posted my post twice but won't let me delete this one
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well, I couldn't wait until Thursday, so I went ahead and weighed today - dadadaddad (drum roll) whoop! Down 2.8 lbs, woo hoo!
  • 2ledbetter
    Options
    @jenbo83 that's fantastic! 100 pounds is something to be proud of.
  • hansea47
    Options
    @kah68, @melifornia, @cblue315, and @goinstd12 - My lawn care share: I was the oldest of three girls and was my dad's helper with gardening, yard work, and fix-it stuff. I always liked working in the yard...well, weeding the two huge veggie gardens- not so much...but, I loved pushing the mower up and down and watching the great, long, straight cleanly mowed paths form. For a short time, my dad inherited an old rider mower. It was nice since for a while we mowed our own yard, the empty lot behind our garage and the elderly next-door neighbor's yard, too. That was a lot of work and the rider made it easier. My dad thought it would be good for my sisters to start helping with the lawn-mowing, especially since I was home less with my new part-time job. Well, that didn't last long...one sister hit the side of the house and then got stuck up against the side of the garage and couldn't figure out how to get into reverse...she ended up creating a huge rut in the lawn. The other sister? She lost control and ran over a neighbor's veggie garden! Luckily, he was a very laid-back guy and just laughed at the sad sight of my little sister on that rider and the loss of half his potato plants. My sisters were 'fired' from lawn-mowing, but they were then the primary garden weeders/pickers. Dad and I did all the mowing from then on. Not a bad deal, in my opinion.
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    Ha ha, yes when I was a child we had a large front yard, and we shared a garden plot with our next door neighbor. His side of the garden was beautiful, clean rows of delicious healthy plants. He planted a tall row of flowers in the middle between his side and ours, and a good thing too! There were 3 of us girls and not a one of us was interested in spending hours out in the garden weeding, so the weeds took over and our side was a big mess! Unfortunately, I can't say I'm much better at gardening now than I was then! I mowed yards to earn money, but I only had 1 yard I got paid for, and she would only let me come every other week, and paid me $5 for it. I remember walking down to the local gas station/Greyhound bus station and buying gas for $.25/gal, and thinking how expensive that was!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi guys!

I had a long day of bargaining--we started at 8 am and didn't finish until almost 6 pm. However, we did actually FINISH!! Woohoo! We have a tentative agreement that we will present to our association board and then to our members for ratification. Then we will be officially done with negotiations. The really good news is that we came to a 4-year agreement, so we don't have to do this again for awhile.

Food today was terrible given the marathon meeting, but I don't even care since we are done. Now I can get to the gym a bit more often. Yay!!

I forgot that tomorrow I have a meeting after school and then a union dinner to attend, so I moved the gym to Thursday--probably won't even get a walk in with gunner.

As for the lawn work discussion. I also love mowing the lawn--or I should say I prefer it to doing indoor chores. However, I don't have time for it until the school year ends. Our deal is that my DH takes care of the lawn in the spring and fall, and I take over for the 10 weeks of summer break.

Also, I got my my shoulder appointment changed to the doctor whose bio I liked better, and it's a month sooner which is great.

Tuesday Goal:
    To grade the WH reflections and political cartoons this week, so I can use the weekend to get started on the 60 junior research papers I will be collecting this Friday. I also have the lit theory papers to grade before the AP exam on May 6th. I want to do a little at a time so I don't get bogged down during this last quarter.

April Challenge:

Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 5/7 days a week
    Week 1: At/over 90g of protein 6/7
    Week 2: At/over 90g of protein x/7
    Week 3: At/over 90g of protein x/7
    Week 4: At/over 90g of protein x/7

Exercise = run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 runs
    Week 2: x/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 runs

Next 8k is May 9th (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. x/64 Wuthering Heights reflections
    2. x/60 political cartoon analyses
    3. x/64 Lit theory papers

Exercise Goals: (week 1)
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + played with niece
    Mon--rest day
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Wed--rest day
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    @skinnyjeansbound - Congrats on a successful contract negotiation - you must feel like a whale was lifted off your shoulders! I'm so happy that you were able to negotiate a 4 year contract! I hope y'all don't have any problems getting your members to ratify it.

Also, great news that you were able to change your doctor to one that more closely meets your needs, and BONUS that the appt is a whole month earlier!

AFM - I am still having problems with congestion in my lungs, exacerbated by the fact that I cannot use any antihistamines until after my allergy testing appt on the 13th. The prednisone my doc gave me ran out on Saturday, and I don't have anything but Mucinex and my nasal sprays and regular medicine left. If my breathing continues to deteriorate I might have to back off on walking/stairs until after my next appointment.

I did manage to get in a good walk today at lunch, almost a mile in 19 minutes, but I was gasping for breath by the time I got to my stopping point. Then at last break I only managed 2 flights of stairs, a disappointment since I am trying to increase to 5 flights by the end of the week. Oh well, I guess breathing is a little more important than doing stairs. But only barely, he he - my oncologist couldn't stress enough how important weight-bearing exercises were since I'm taking the Arimedex for 5 years, and that can seriously affect bone density.

Well, gotta go. I'm still really happy about my 2.8 lb loss over the last 5 days. Onward and downward!
    Tracy (TX)
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Today was a painful day, went to the chiropractor and then had a personal chore to do that was emotionally draining. When the boys went off to scouts I passed out on the bed. Well at least I am getting back in the habit of signing in if nothing else.
  • hansea47
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @AngelikaLumiere - Baby steps! Logging on daily is the first step. You'll slowly get yourself back on track!

@Goinstd12 - Ha! Breathing is one of those important things! ;) Do you have any access to hand weights or some heavy cans of soup? You could do some stationary weight-bearing exercises like squats and bicep curls to help strengthen your bones without getting so winded while you're waiting for your med refill. Make sure you're getting plenty of calcium and vitamin D, too....definitely don't want to break a hip once you're breathing is back to normal and you're walking up and down those stairs! :)
    I hate the weeding so much. I start off each season with the best of intentions, but most of the time the weeds have free reign by the fall. Luckily, we have a nice thick layer of mulch on my perennial beds, so most of them still look okay-ish despite the weeds trying to peek up and my earth boxes have plastic covers to discourage weed growth. Now that my kids are getting older, I've been enlisting their assistance with weeding the flower beds. They're not super helpful, but it's better than doing it all myself.

@skinnyjeanzbound - I'm all about the lawn-mowing to this day...my husband and I kind of split the yard work, too. I am the primary mower and gardener while he takes care of the small engines and uses the string trimmer (it's a gas-powered one and I can barely lift it when the tank is full). He is also our special projects manager. ;) His most recent assignment was installing our new rain barrel.
    Congrats on finishing your negotiations and coming up with a 4 year contract deal!

@jennbo83 - 15 more pounds, you're almost there! Can't wait till you hit that big 100 lb milestone!

AFM- My Wed wish is that we have another great day. The kids have spring break this week and I am staying home from work. We spent Easter Monday in a candy and tv coma....I can't believe it, but we actually spent the entire day watching tv and eating candy. Yikes. So, I'm determined to not do that again this week. Yesterday, I made the kids and I a list of things to do before they could have screen time and we got a lot done! Same for today. We are about to leave and go to the gym. They have a fun indoor playground for the kids and then I can go hit the treadmill and weight room.

Under Calories: 1/7

Tues-Run 2: MISSED
    Wed-XT:
    Thurs-Run 2:
    Fri-Rest:
    Sat-Run 2.5:
    Sun-Run/Walk 1.5:
    Mon-Rest:

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Vesakha (Buddha's Birthday)!
    Buddha's Birthday

You only have to do something until you want to do it, then you won’t have to do it any more. ~Leland Val Van de Wall

Tom