Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcome backs. Sounds like everyone has been busy around here lately. Congratulations to all who have hit goals or milestones recently. Sorry to those who have lost loved ones or been dealing with other life struggles recently.

AFM - I had to head up north this morning to the state veteran's cemetery to attend a funeral service for a family friend's father. I didn't really know the man, but wow, the service was powerful. I had never been to a military service before. Both my grandfathers were in the Navy and had a brief military ceremony at theirs, but this one was like all out. Didn't think I would cry just because I met the guy like three times maybe my whole life, but yep I cried haha.

I wanted to go to kickboxing class tonight, but had a wicked bad headache and ended up taking a nap and not waking up in time. I was a little disappointed in myself. I'm not sure what's up with me but its like when I have the summer off from work, I get in a funk. It's like I have all the time in the world to do things, work on myself, be productive... but yet I don't want to do anything and then I feel all down. Ugh!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @erin-- As a fellow teacher I totally understand what you mean. For years I had grad classes that I worked on all summer in addition to prepping for the next school year. I would also plan some projects at home to fill the rest of the time. Then 2 years ago it was the first time I had zero grad classes (I'm maxed out at Masters +60)--I thought I would get so much done. Boy was I wrong! I was so unproductive the past 2 summers. In fact, I even procrastinated with prepping for the next school year. This year I vowed to stay motivated to really get things done, making lists of everything I want to finish and sometimes schedules of when I will work on each. It's really helped me be a lot more productive.

@sparkling-- Welcome to the thread! I also started at about your weight and it took me just over a year to break into Onderland. Then it took another year to to get to my lowest weight of 182 which I've been hovering around for 2 years now. Even though the scale hasn't gone down for me in 2 years, I've gone down another clothing size due to changing my body composition through exercise. It sounds like you have a solid plan with the steps challenge and watching carbs. I get very "snacky" if I eat too many carbs--especially early in the day--so I also try to stick to higher protein choices.

@kelley-- Haha, I bet zoe wishes she could catch a bunny. Gunner cries like a baby when he sees one through the window or if he spots one while we're on a walk. However, they're usually smart enough to stay out of the yard. This one was young and clearly didn't know any better. How was the tip to Colorado? Did you see my post about the Shamrock Shuffle 8k in March? Any chance you can join us in Chicago?
  • ereilly311
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound that's great you've found a way to be more productive over the summer! I hate it, I always say I am going to do soooo much and yet I never do. A big part of it is I end up sleeping in a lot lol. I need to stop doing that, but its so hard not to. I'm so not a morning person. I am going to start trying to wake up at 8:30-9ish every day. That's part of my lack of motivation issue is that I just feel like I am wasting so much time. I need to start doing a bunch of yard work for my parents since my mom can't do much right now... so hopefully that'll get me motivaed - even though I HATE yard work! lol
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @erin-- I hear you! I'm also not a morning person. I usually wake up by 8 or 9 at the latest, but love to just lounge in my pj's. One thing that has helped is that I scheduled most of my PT appointments for the morning--usually around 10 or 11. That way I don't have to get up super early, but it forces me out of the house before noon. Also, I've been getting a lot of my cleaning done in the evening after my husband goes to bed. I've gotten almost the entire kitchen deep cleaned over the past 2 nights: cabinets washed down. table and chairs cleaned top to bottom, refrigerator cleaned out, spice rack and wine glass rack/glasses scrubbed. The only thing I have left in there is the baker's rack but I'm too tired to tackle that tonight.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    All this talk of being productive and I completely forgot to update my Tuesday Goals. Doh!

Tuesday Goals:

1. Clean baker's rack in kitchen
    2. Pick up mulch from public works; spread in garden beds
    3. Finish flower pots in the yard
    4. Clean off dining room table
    5. Drop off clothes to GW

July Goals:

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 2014 8k = 56:49, NYE 2014 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16; 6/22 = 59:10)

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Mon--rest day (donating blood) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + PT
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner + PT
    Sat--walk gunner

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish - That everyone reading this finds a reason to smile today.
    Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Karen~Trip to Colorado was great; my parents were shocked rather than surprised—still can’t believe we pulled it off. :astonished: It was a great weekend of family bonding, something we don’t do enough of. What is the date of the Shamrock Shuffle? I have a trip planned in February but might be able to make it to Chicago for a long weekend in March. Depending on how Achilles is, I may have to walk it but I would love to join y’all! :grin:

@Erin~I’m not a morning person either but come to work super early (lighter traffic trumps sleep). I always tell myself I’m sleeping in on Saturday, never make it past 7—but I’m great at lounging in my pj’s until I’ve wasted half the morning. :flushed:
  • sherrsuntha
    sherrsuntha Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hm! My wish is that I will be able to do some traveling this summer and next, and to become stronger in my swimming. :)
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Howdy all, had to check in once more today.
    The race on Sunday had me so very excited. I did over 15mph on the bike leg on a cummuter bike. Not really set up for racing. I do have aero bars on it but that is about it. So today I went to the bike shop and test rode some other types of bikes. I bought one!!!! Carbon fiber frame. It rides like a dream. I did get a really good deal on it but still ended up spending more than I wanted to. Business is just so very good that I could justify it. Overall it is still less than one set of my husband's Packers season tickets. I will post a pic when I bring her home.
    Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen- The article you posted was very timely and it is what my trainer is having me do during our sessions right now. Monday was tempo runs based on distance, today was a recovery run easy run in the yellow zone for about 50 minutes. Friday I am suppose to do an endurance run at a faster pace than today and longer. So I will be running for about 1 hour. Great article and it does work.

Erin- Summers are hard for teachers because we do have more free time, when we are not taking classes or working. I prefer to get up and go to the gym to start my day. This gets me motivated to get up and start moving. I still put off other chores but a list does help. I also have days where my motivation is higher than normal and I accomplish more than normal.

ledbetter- Congrats on reaching that milestone, Awesome Accomplishment. Glad you are back.

Kaye- Hang in there, I know this time is not easy for you but I hope you can find peace and that your hubby handles the trip well.

Sparking- Welcome- Like Karen it took me about a year to reach One-derland and I started out about 268-270 lbs. It is very doable and a learning experience. The bottom line is you need to learn how to incorporate reality into the lifestyle change. I have also been stuck at my current weight for about 2 years now but my body is still changing and my fitness level has improved dramatically.

Update on my Dad, he went to rehab today. Hopefully, we are making progress and that he will be working on his walking again while his foot continues to heal. I don't want to jinx anything at this point.

Today, was a good workout day for me. It started with a slow, easy recovery run. Then this afternoon worked with my trainer on core strength and just strengthening different muscles groups. Came from from that and mowed the lawn until the mower ran out of gas. Made dinner and after dinner went out to finish the front yard. Now, I just need to get my brother yard finished at some point soon.

Tomorrow, I am going to paddle boarding with a friend so that should be fun. Have a great Thursday.

• jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    So I wrote this on my timeline but decided to share it here as well...basically cause I am in pain and feeling a little whiney and hubby just left for work so I have no one here to whine to. Sorry.
    I just don't understand people. I was out riding my bike on the path I walk my dogs every day and a couple of dogs I see all the time in their yard were out tonight. They started chasing me and one caught up and bit me on the calf. After getting away and going home to check the damage ( a big welt and dark bruise) I got in my truck to go and try to talk to him about it. I don't believe in calling cops for things people should be able to resolve themselves. Now I know why they do. He said as long as no one saw it it didn't happen and if I was worried about it happening again I should stay off his road because his dogs were allowed to roam. So now he will be getting a visist from animal control but my worry is this is my path for all my workouts and he was very unpleasant so I am worried about running into him again. Sometimes people suck.....
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @tammy-- that's ridiculous!! It makes me furious when people are irresponsible dog owners! :angry: And how is it his road?? I hope in addition to calling animal control that you also call the police and report him. Let them know what happened and the man's response. Even if they agree that filing a police report won't matter b/c no one else saw it, they can monitor the area and cite him the next time they see his dogs "roaming" which I assume is illegal.

@laurie-- glad you liked the article. Have fun paddle-boarding.

@lori-- can't wait to see the picture of your new ride!!

@sherrsuntha-- What places are at the top of your travel list? I didn't really get to go anywhere this year after some pricier trips the last 2 years. One of my dream destinations is Iceland. I would also love to visit Australia and New Zealand some day.

@kelley-- That's great that you were able to surprise your parents. Glad you had fun. My DH and I are traveling to Michigan to visit some family in a couple of weeks and my parents are going the same weekend. My mom said "we can all ride together in my SUV" to which I quickly replied, "No, we will drive ourselves." I spent my whole childhood riding in the car for hours with my family and I HATED it. My parents would always bicker for the first hour or so (really, the only time they ever fought), then my dad would listen to news radio for the rest of the trip. Ugh. The Shamrock Shuffle is March 20th--hope you can join us!

Wednesday Wish:
    My wish is that my DH gets the job he's currently pursuing. It's been 10 months that he's been out of work, and I can tell he's really getting bored. Plus, the extra money would be nice.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. Clean baker's rack in kitchen
    2. Pick up mulch from public works DONE; spread in garden beds STARTED
    3. Finish flower pots in the yard DONE

July Goals:

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 2014 8k = 56:49, NYE 2014 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16; 6/22 = 59:10)

Exercise Goals:
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + PT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner + PT
    Sat--walk gunner

• 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thank y'all for the support. It's 2 in the morning and I need to go back to bed. Hoping to finally get my computer fixed so I can post better again.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Tammy~Ugh, irresponsible pet owners drive me crazy! I’m so sorry the dog bit you and the dog’s owner behaved so badly—totally uncalled for. I’m glad animal control is paying them a visit, but like Karen suggested you might file a report with the police anyway just so he is on their radar—this guy doesn’t “own” the road! :rage:

@Karen~Oy, the memories of childhood car trips. My mom mentioned the other day that my parents, along with my sister and her family, are meeting in Yosemite next summer to camp for a week and they’d like for me to join them—my response was “is there a hotel nearby?” :wink: There is no way a family of 7 can be comfortable in their RV for a week without someone completely losing it! I love my family and it’s a huge RV, but it’s still too close for comfort for me. I’m adding the Shamrock Shuffle to my calendar, I hope to make it. How is your shoulder and PT?

@Laurie~Glad to hear your dad has been moved to rehab, I hope he gets stronger every day and is home soon. Enjoy paddle boarding. That reminds me, when I was in CO we saw two guys on a double paddle board (attempting to) paddle down the rapids—cannot tell you how many times they fell and had to swim after their board. I think kayaking the rapids lost its edge so they needed a new thrill. :lol:

AFM~Life is just busy as usual and I have so many projects at home to work on before vacation (maybe I need to make a list like Karen :wink:). I did learn last night that in a pinch magnesium can stop a migraine, I can’t take analgesics b/c of the rx I use on my Achilles so looked for an alternative and magnesium popped up—I know a couple of others here suffer from them, it really works.
  • jtconst
    Options
    Thank you guys for the support on my little drama. I did call the police first and they are the ones who reported it to animal control. I took in my written statement and they will be going to his house today. The end result is a welt with a small puncture wound and then a bruise all around about the size of a half dollar maybe a little bigger. Could have been much worse so I will count my blessings and put it behind me. I am excited for this afternoon. My daughter and I just joined a new gym, fitness evolution, and today will be my first time going. I wanted the membership mainly so I could more easily start to incorporate some strength training. Husband is still stranded in anchorage. He has been there 2 days because they keep cancelling his connecting flight due to weather. It looks good for getting out today so that's good I guess :)

@Karen I lol'ed at your car trip stories. My dads idea of family time was piling us all in the car and just strt driving until he got us kids lost and we had to figure out how to get home. Good times looking back but boy did it lead to some heated "discussions" at the time.
    @kah glad that your parents anniversary went well. Is always so great to get together with family that we don't get to see much. I am totally with you on the RV idea though lol.
    @Laurie I am happy to hear your dad seems to be doing better. Hopefully the rehab will get him back up on his feet soon and you and your poor mom can get some rest
    @lori congrats on your race and the new bike. I think if I am going to keep riding I will need to replace at least the seat on mine. It is rubbing in some unfortunate places that one really doesn't want blisters lol.

Oh yeah funny story. I took my dogs down to a local walking path today that has trails going through meadows and wetlands. We go there at least several times a month. Well I have stopped letting Zeus the bigger one off his leash because for whatever reason he is being a little more aggressive with men. Well he kept tugging and pulling and jumping off the boardwalk which he doesn't ususally do when leashed. I couldn't figure it out at first but we kept going and then he kinda dove to the side of the path in one spot and I saw them. Garter snakes. Everywhere in the grass. Now I am not scared of snacks but dealing with dog in full snake hunting mode no fun lol. Guess it improved my workout. I am feeling it in my arms and back now several hours later lol. Well I hope you all have a great day. Tttyl. :):)
  • jtconst
    Options
    Oh yeah Karen I meant to tell you Gunner is absolutely ADORABLE :):):)
  • alexdavidwilliams
    alexdavidwilliams Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Alex, I'm roughly half way in to my 100lb loss. It's still going well! I'm 25 and getting married on 02/09/2016 so I really do have some inspiration.

This is only the second time I've wrote in a group so hopefully I've done it right!

Alex :D
  • ereilly311
    Options
    Good evening all. Hope everyone had a great Thursday! I got two pretty good walks in today, so I was happy with myself. Now I just need to get my nutrition back on point. I've been having some sleep issues lately, I just can't seem to fall asleep at night. Then I end up sleeping in too much. I was up pretty early today though and was active so I'm hoping that will help out tonight!

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend? I'm heading to the beach again tomorrow and a softball game on Sunday, that's about it. It's NASCAR weekend here in NH, so I don't like traveling too far as the highways are pretty busy lol.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    JT- Sorry to hear about the dog bite. That guy was very rude and I hope that animal control cites him for letting his dogs run loose. Hope your hubby gets home soon as well. Glad they were garter snakes and not a different type of snake.

Alex- Welcome to the group, you will find plenty of great support on this thread and yes you posted correctly.

Erin- No major plans for the weekend will go running and climbing tomorrow, swim on Saturday plus a concert at night, then Sunday will try for a bike ride. I love the beach and need to find time to get back there some day soon.

Kelley- I can't imagine taking a paddle board down the rapids not to mention doing it double. I would imagine that going down the river on rapids would be very dangerous on a paddle board but I guess some people love the thrill of it.

Paddle boarding was fun today. I did fall off once but it felt good to get wet. I was attempting to move my feet when I bent to far in one direction and down I went. It was not problem and I found my footing again.

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @laurie-- glad you had fun paddle boarding.

@erin-- Do you play in a league yourself or is the game for a team you coach? I remember that you coach during the school year. Either way, good luck! I have a few things going on this weekend: tomorrow DH and I are going to a friend's for dinner. Saturday, some work friend's are having their annual barbecue and washers tournament. Then Sunday, my sister, bil, and niece might be coming over so we can go to a place near my house called Lamb's Farm--it's got petting zoo's and they sell cats and dogs that you can play with. It is staffed by people with developmental disabilities and the money it makes goes to helping serve their needs.

@alex-- welcome! Congrats on your progress so far.

@tammy-- glad to hear the dog bite wasn't more serious. But a puncture is a concern--dog bites get infected quite easily. When my husband got bit breaking up the fight when the neighbor's dog attacked Gunner, the vet told him to get antibiotics asap. Also, will animal control check that the dog has had its rabies shots and inform you? Hope your DH gets home quickly and safely. Oh, and thanks--I think Gunner's pretty adorable, but I'm a bit biased. :wink:

@kelley-- Ha, so funny about the RV--I would feel the same way. My PT is going pretty well. Definately making some progress with range of motion and strength, but still a ways to go. I have a follow-up with my ortho on the 30th.

Thursday Truth:
    The truth is I can't believe summer is already half over. I'm sooo not ready for school to start up again. Although I've been productive at home, I haven't really done much in the way of prepping my courses. Next Wed. I pick up my new work laptop-I've kind of been using that as a benchmark for when I really need to buckle down. I guess time's almost up. :cry:

Today I got most of the gardens done, but ran out of mulch. DH and I will get some more tomorrow or this weekend. I also cleaned the baker's rack tonight.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. Clean baker's rack in kitchen DONE
    2. Pick up mulch from public works DONE; spread in garden beds STARTED
    3. Finish flower pots in the yard DONE

July Goals:

Exercise Goals:
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + PT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Fri--walk gunner + PT
    Sat--walk gunner