Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• tbudro
    tbudro Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Not to change the subject but...
    I've lost 92 lb and now my weight has gone up and down a half a pound a day this whole week. I can't seem to get that last eight pounds off (before I set my next goal). Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions or recommendations? I'm eating right and exercising everyday for at least 30 minutes.
  • traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Name: tracey
    Height: 5' 7

Start Weight (week of April 19): 278
    Goal Weight (Saturday, July 1st): 258

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26: 278
    2. May 3: 277.5
    3. May 10: 277
    4. May 17: 274.2
    5. May 24: 276
    6. May 31: 276
    7. June 7: 276
    8. June 14:
    9. June 21:
    10. June 28:
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1:

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Weight -/+ total: -2
  • traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be late posting. It's nuts over the summer with my kids home!
  • cedar2526
    cedar2526 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @karenleona - I would love to team up with you. I am 55 and struggling. I have some health issues and find it very difficult to lose any weight.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    tbudro wrote: »
    I've lost 92 lb and now my weight has gone up and down a half a pound a day this whole week. I can't seem to get that last eight pounds off (before I set my next goal). Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions or recommendations? I'm eating right and exercising everyday for at least 30 minutes.

@tbudro ... first of all, congratulations on having lost 92 lbs. You didn't mention how long it's taken you to get there, or how long you have been struggling with the last 8 pounds ... and I have not lost anywhere the amount you have, but have eperienced the type of struggle you talk about.

Also, great on exercises every day. As far as the exercise goes ... you do realize, I hope, that exercise is more for body fitness rather than weight loss. It does burn up some calories, and the harder you work out, cardio wise, plus the heavier you are, the more calories used for the exercise ... however you body quickly adapts to the exercise you do and it becomes the 'norm' rather than the 'extra' ... so don't eat back your exercise calories because you may end up eating more than you need to in order to continue losing weight.

The thing that will make you lose weight is a calorie deficit over what your body currently needs. Try taking a hard look at what you do consume every day and see if you can find any little thing that you can tweak ... if your calories are in line, then take a look at the foods you eat because some may be causing your body tissue to hold on to fluid, or may be slower going through your digestive tract. I mention this because both baked or boiled wheat products and beef have negative effects on my response.

Finally, the biggest tip is consistency ... not eating too little one day and too much the next type of thing ... which is where I am lacking the past couple of months. I know that an occasional day of extra calories doesn't have much of an effect, but several days does even when there is a low calorie day thrown in. At least for me.

Good luck.

PS ... just thought of one more thing that has worked for me in the past ... and that is to STOP dieting for a while and work on maintaining the weight loss I have achieved for several weeks and even up to several months. I have found, in the past, that I can lose weight successfully for a period of time and then my body just seems to fight me ... and the only way to get around it is to stop eating at a deficit for a while. The trick here is not to regain but to get used to eating and moving what you need to keep your weight the same until that is comfortable and second nature, then start another deficit to lose more.

• birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 - thx for that formula! For me, that calculates out to 1700 cals/day, which is roughly what I've been eating to lose weight. So I guess it's a pretty accurate formula for me. I almost never eat back any exercise calories, thereby giving myself "license" to not go nuts on absolute and relentless accuracy. For example, if I use a little bit of ketchup, I don't bother counting that. Seems to work for me.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    GOINSTD12 wrote: »
    @karenleona - are you tracking your food on a daily basis? If you aren't you are sabotaging your best chance to get on top of your meal planning and snacking. If you are, WHEN are you tracking? If you wait until the end of the night to track what you ate, it's too late to adjust what you're doing to stay within your target zone for the day.
    Are you exercising? Even 15 minutes a day to start with can make a significant difference in how you look and feel about yourself, which can translate into greater confidence in what you can accomplish.
    Try tracking your food as you eat it, or even before. I usually try to get my tracking in at least by lunch, so I know where I'm heading for the day. If you do that then you can adjust your food choices later in the day and end up far better, than if you eat whatever all day long and then have to look at the result at the end of the day and say "OMG what did I do?".

Tracy
    TX

Thanks Tracy. I usually track as I go but sometimes do it at the end of the day if I don't have much time
    My problem is the first few days when I think I am safe to indulge the up and down the roller coaster I go. Unfortuneeatly I stress eat and am under a lot of family stress right now!

@ cedar2526. Will send you a friend request.

Took the kids out for a small walk two days in a row!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Sunday Share ... feel like I want to climb back in bed and stick my nose into a good book instead of finding the energy to do what has to be accomplished this week. I am so behind on getting my house 'ready' for a house guest. Where did the energy of my younger self dissappear to? Oh yeah, I've gotton accustomed to babying myself with all my aches and pains, ills and low energy by being mentally involved but physically immobile. Now, when I want to be running around doing all the stuff that needs to be done it is not only overwhelming but also takes me 5 times longer to accomplish because I am not as fit as I need to be. Drats. Double Drats.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    tbudro wrote: »

Not sure if I have any useful advice for you, but I just wanted to say WELL DONE on the weight loss. That's really fabulous.

Sometimes I think the scale just wants to mess with us! There are those weeks when I know that I've done everything 100% right, and I see little to no loss. And then there's a week when--BAM!--I'm 4 or 5 pounds down. (It doesn't actually go "BAM," though--that would probably mean I need a new scale). :lol:

Good luck on your continued weight loss!
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @birdygirl15 go you!!!!!!! that's fantastic
    @tbudro what wonderful weightloss!!!

Reading about people's progress really helps me focus

@RunningOnWontons that is why i weigh every day... I am hoping that I will freak out less when I see the daily fluctuations.

So, I bought a new scale. It weighs exactly like my mother's cheapo one that I was using... however now I realized something new: I have absolutely no flat surfaces in my house (either wood planks or tiles... both very old and wonky) any suggestions?
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @newjax2017 I measure stuff for a living. Your scale will give the most uniform results if you put it in the same spot to step on it. I line mine up at the corner of the same tile, not OCD line up just lined up. No two bathroom scales will ever measure the same. My doctors scales don't. I always try to jump on my "favorite". It's more friendly. I can step on, off and back on and get 2 different weights. It's the monthly trend that's telling not the day to day. That tracks my salt and water intake pretty close, logging my food let's me know how I'm doing. That shows up in a longer trend. Don't worry about the daily number if you're doing what you're supposed to. If it isn't working when you look at the trend; re-evaluate what you are doing.
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @pneschich thanks for your reply... yes the trend in general is fine (and when it isn't I can generally find the culprit...me). I will go find the "friendliest" spot in the bathroom!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @newjax2017 - had the same problem with my scale, was trying to weigh on a floor that had wall to wall carpeting, and, natch, never got a reading I could trust, even with the scale set on a wood board. Had to put it in the kitchen, where there is a vinyl floor, and that floor is kind of unlevel, so put it on a tempered glass cutting board. Even still, if it is moved at all, then it needs to be recalibrated, and even then ... is it the true weight? Who knows?

Like @pneschich said, it's the trend that counts ... but when we want to record our weight for our diaries or challenges, we want a weight we can depend on.
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    newjax2017 wrote: »
    @birdygirl15 go you!!!!!!! that's fantastic

Thank you <3

• SharonH912
    SharonH912 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Name:Sharon
    Height:5'3"

April 26th: 282.5
    May 3rd: 281.0
    May 10th: 280.6
    May 17th: 279.3
    May 24th: 279.1
    May 31st: 277.6
    June 7th: 275.2
    June 14th:
    June 21st:
    June 28th:
    July 4th!!!!!!!!

I'm on a keto diet to help my body to learn how to burn fat for energy! It seemed to be doing the exact opposite energy wise and then I woke up Wednesday morning with more energy than I have had in years!! And I lost 2.4 lbs!! I've been energized like this for the past 5 days and I'm praying it stays this way!! Even though this challenge is only until 4th of July I'm hoping to stay strong and continue on with no "cheating" until my 56th birthday in September! I'm going on a girl's retreat with my army buddy of 35 years to the Mississippi gulf coast and I plan on having a good time. So food and drinks will be served!! Good luck to all!
  • Nikion901
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @SharonH912 ... are you joining the challenge or just giving us an update of your journey? IF you are joining in, report your weight for the week June 14th by next Sunday and also please provide the goal you have given yourself as your personal challenge to weigh in on July 1 ... which is our last weigh in. Your starting weight for this challenge will be your first weigh in here ... June 7th's data, as we did not have any info on your for before then. IF you do post your weight again, please add the numbers for the week, and also your goal weight ... see format below ... Thanx.

Goal Weight (week of June 28):
    ,... ,.... ,....

Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total:
    Total weight loss to date (optinal)
    :)

Beyond that ... you are doing great, glad that Keto is the way that seems to work best for you and that you sound like you are over the blahs that take a while to get over when you are switching to extremely low carb diet.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 188.3 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 170 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 - 183.4
    2. May 3 - 182.1
    3. May 10 - 181.0
    4. May 17 (*) - 177.8
    5. May 24 (*) - 176.5
    6. May 31 (*) - 175.1
    7. June 7 (*) - 172.9
    8. June 14 (*) -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: - 2.2
    Weight -/+ total: - 15.4
    Weight loss so far: - 56.7

(*) will be in Italy ... land of wine and gelato (and as regret to have discovered, amazing bread too!)
  • mbeck376
    mbeck376 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello there all I'm new to this thread thing but I'm hoping it will help me get back into the swing of things. I used MFP before and between that and exercise I lost about 30 lbs after going through a divorce and then getting pregnant ans having a baby I've put almost all of that back on again I feel gross and don't like myself in my own skin. My significant other doesn't like fruit veggie while grain anything so I struggle with what to make because I'd rather not make a meal for him and a meal for me I've tried to eat less but it's hard. And with having a 7 month old and working full time it's a struggle to not go to something quick for a meal anyways that's a little about me I hope to be a support to you all!