Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    GOINSTD12 wrote: »
    Sorry I've been gone so long, not easy to get on at work anymore (it's tax season, y'all). Been having problems with fluid buildup around my heart and congestion, but holding my own so far. Not going to join the Think Spring challenge since it's half over, but I will join the next one. Today is day one for tracking and logging again, my goal is to get back in the habit so I really know what I'm eating.
    Tracy
    TX

Hey you! Good to hear you haven't given up. :)
  • irie4200
    irie4200 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    canyonGeek wrote: »
    Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

I wish there was a reasonable way to get the recommended daily amount of potassium...

I've read that "adults should be consuming 4,700 milligrams (mg) of potassium a day."

How is this possible on a low carb 1000-1200 cal/day diet? I eat spinach several times a week... but one would need 10 servings a day to get the recommended amount of potassium.

Is anyone getting enough? If so, please tell me how : )

According to the mayo clinic site:
    Low potassium symptoms may include:
    • Weakness
    • Fatigue
    • Muscle cramps
    • Constipation

I take supplements to get mine in
  • heathermq5
    heathermq5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to like or comment in this group. I would love to be a part of it. I currently weigh 239lbs. and would like to weigh 200 by Sept. My biggest goal is to weigh 150 by the end of next yr.
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I feel like I’m on fire this week! I’ve been dropping weight and feeling amazing! I hope everyone is doing great! Just remember it’s mind over matter, if you got it mentally you’ll do great. I believe in all of you!
  • irie4200
    irie4200 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    heathermq5 wrote: »
    I don't know how to like or comment in this group. I would love to be a part of it. I currently weigh 239lbs. and would like to weigh 200 by Sept. My biggest goal is to weigh 150 by the end of next yr.
    Well you successfully commented so congratulations!! Welcome!
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Karen
    Height: 5'7"
    Highest Weight: 280ish was my highest weight ever but my MFP starting weight on Jan. 18/18 was 274.2
    Start Weight (Mar 1,2018): 257.8
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 247 - I'm staying with 247 as my goal. I really want to get in to a lower decade of weight in April.

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09: 257
    Mar 16: 255.2
    Mar 23: 256.6
    Mar 30: 257.8
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: +1.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: 0
    Total weight lost:

Well, this month I learned how much I can eat in order to maintain my current weight and it does match up pretty well with what MFP says it would be. This wasn't intentional, of course. lol
    What a terrible month eating-wise. Wow.

I keep changing my calorie goal and adding in too many treats and not sticking with my original plan of eating a simplified menu so I don't have to think too much.
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people! It's great to see so many posts. This is a great group for lots of support and motivation!

Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Margie
    Height: 5’1 ½”
    Highest Weight: 295.0
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 267.25
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 263.25 (keeping it realistic @.5/wk for my life events)

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09: 269.0
    Mar 16: 267.75
    Mar 23: 266.75
    Mar 30: 266.25
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: -0.5
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -1
    Total weight lost: 28.75

Wishing a Happy Easter to all those who celebrate. Being surrounded by chocolate will be a huge challenge this week. As far as I'm concerned, chocolate should be a food group! :smiley: Have a great weekend! I'm sure by now everyone has heard about the data breach involving MFP. I changed my p/w, just to be safe.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Niki
    Height: 5’ 2.5”
    Highest Weight: 278.4
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 226.8
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 223

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09: 226.8
    Mar 16: 225.0
    Mar 23: 225.6
    Mar 30: 227.0
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: +1.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: +0.2
    Total weight lost: -51.4

Well ... I let myself down by allowing the sloppy and excess eating patterns to creep back in, as I always seem to do after reaching a new low level. IT always sets me back a month or more. I remember at a doctor visit last year, I told him I had lost something like 17 pounds but my weight was nearly the same as it had been some 41 weeks before ... and that was because I had regained them ... a couple of pounds at a time! ... Up and down,, Down and up.
    It is discouraging. But I will NOT give up. I will PICK myself UP and eat more sensibly ... no more spoonfuls or big pinches of raisins and no more toasted bread and butter for snacks ... Back to 2 fruits a day instead of 4 ... Back to 5 vegetable servings a day instead of 1. I know what I need to do to stay on track, I just get tired of being responsible and doing the work needed for success to happen. So ... if I don't do the work, why should I expect the reward? I shouldn't. Nuff said.
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Well ... I let myself down by allowing the sloppy and excess eating patterns to creep back in, as I always seem to do after reaching a new low level. IT always sets me back a month or more. I remember at a doctor visit last year, I told him I had lost something like 17 pounds but my weight was nearly the same as it had been some 41 weeks before ... and that was because I had regained them ... a couple of pounds at a time! ... Up and down,, Down and up.
    It is discouraging. But I will NOT give up. I will PICK myself UP and eat more sensibly ... no more spoonfuls or big pinches of raisins and no more toasted bread and butter for snacks ... Back to 2 fruits a day instead of 4 ... Back to 5 vegetable servings a day instead of 1. I know what I need to do to stay on track, I just get tired of being responsible and doing the work needed for success to happen. So ... if I don't do the work, why should I expect the reward? I shouldn't. Nuff said.

I completely relate to everything you've shared here.
    I do the very same thing re: hitting new lows and then sabotaging myself and then going up and down the scale.

Knowing what to do and not doing it is my challenge, too.

Time to tighten things up in April!

• moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5' 5"
    Highest Weight: 308
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 306
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 290

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09: 305.6
    Mar 16: 305.0
    Mar 23: 303.4
    Mar 30: 305.0
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: + 1.6
    Weight -/+ this challenge: 1
    Total weight lost: 3

I expected the scale to be up this week. I've done a lot of nothing all week with my back being in spasm. I feel better after 3 chiro appointments. I will talk with him next week on when I can return to the gym. I feel like I may go tomorrow just to walk the treadmill. I have been watching my food, but yesterday was a bust, I didn't log at all and I know I was over in calories.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Spring Challenge
    Name: Holly
    Height: 5’3”
    Highest Weight: 284
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 265.7
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 255

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09: 261.8
    Mar 16: 261.4
    Mar 23: 260.4
    Mar 30: 260.9
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: +.5
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -4.8
    Total weight lost: 22
  • ladylaura777
    ladylaura777 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Laura
    Height: 5' 6"
    Highest Weight: 328
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 242.4
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 212

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09: 241.8
    Mar 16: 236.8
    Mar 23: 233.8
    Mar 30: 233.6
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: - .2 pounds
    Weight -/+ this challenge: - 8.2
    Total weight lost:

I began a fitness program on March 16th. Everything hurts, so it must be working. I didn’t make great food choices for the past week, but I never went over my calories. Chocolate was introduced - that did not help at all!
    Maybe I only loose weight every other week
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Patty
    Height: 5' 6"
    Highest Weight: 317
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 288
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 278

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09: 287
    Mar 16: 287
    Mar 23: 286
    Mar 30: 284.6
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: 1.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.4
    Total weight lost: 28

I need to focus on logging all my food.
  • MelodyBronson
    MelodyBronson Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this thread. Glad I found it. I like the Spring Challenge folks are on.....I have been doing my own weight loss challenge. My highest weight: 250 (last summer)...I've been on a roller coaster for months but got recommitted back in January.....Mar 9: 216, Mar 16: 214.6, Mar 23 212.6, Mar 30 214.....My goal weight for April 27 is 209. This week: + 1.4. Mar 2 I weighed 218, so for March I lost 4 lbs. I need to lose 5 lbs in April. A lb a week is a struggle for me....my body loves to hang on every pound! I need to plan my meals and stick to my plan.
  • b_lisieux
    Options
    @DebCountsAll I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Hugs to you and prayers for strength and peace.
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Think Sprinv Challenge
    Name: Terry
    Height:5'5"
    Highest Weight:265
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018):230
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 220

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09: 237
    Mar 16: 232
    Mar 23: 230
    Mar 30:232
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: +2 lbs.
    Weight -/+ this challenge: +2
    Total weight : -33 lbs

I am iron deficient. that's it. Good news. What's interesting to me is that I never would have even thought to mention the fatigue to my doctor. Is it that after child rearing, sleepless menopause phase being tired is just normal? It may also explain why I have an insatiable urge to eat sugar. Need energy! Am on iron pills. Doc says it will take 3-4 months to replenish. To whomever mentioned low potassium, you may need a potassium pill? Doc told me the chemistry behind iron absorption and I cannot possibly eat enough food to give me what an iron pill twice a day will provide. Just a thought.

• b_lisieux
    Options
    Just popping in for a quick second to wish everyone who celebrates Easter, a very happy one!
    z50fvhypd4b0.jpg

• Nikion901
    Options
    Sunday Share ...
    To all the Christians who follow the tradition of celebrating Easter today; May you have a blessed day.
    To all the Christians who follow the tradition that this is Palm Sunday today; May your holy week begin with faith.
    To all the Jokesters out there, have fun this April Fools Day, May your jokes be light hearted and compassionate.
    To all the ham lovers today, today is National Baked Ham with Pineapple Day ... observed the first Sunday after the full moon following the March Equinox ... May your ham not burn in the oven.
    To the all the Bread Lovers out there, today is National Sourdough Bread Day, May your loaf be tasty
    To all my MFP cronies who travel the path to weight management through MFP, May your food log be working properly today.

AFM - my food log stopped accepting entries after I 1) Changed my password after being advised of the MFP Data Breach, 2)deleted MFP off my smartphone, intending to going back to using the desktop version ... and thus I have had to resort to a different way to log my food so I can track my calories ... and, No April Fools Joke ... I think I might go back to a simpler method of tracking my food instead of this way ...

For one thing, I think I want to reduce my online footprint. For another, I don't like it when I become dependent on an application and it stops working for me

And .. that leads me to think that perhaps I will leave MFP eventually, sometime this year. It will take a while to get over the culture shock and fall into a pattern of tracking in another type of method, and it will also take a while to decide which way I will do it. Most likely I will go back to a white board type check-off for number of servings of the various type food categories as is often shown under the Dash Diet formula. It's a method I used with my mom when she was learning to track the protein and carb's she consumed after being diagnosed as diabetic. It worked well for her to be able to look on the board and see how much of a category she had already consumed and how much she had left to go ... both on the days when her appetite was low and she needed to push herself to get enough food in, and on the days she was hungrier than normal and needed for find ways to keep herself from eating again until later on so that she didn't use up all her portions too soon in the day.