Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @Hyzaarc - Happy Birthday! (If I knew how to put in the graphics and I would give you a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY graphic!)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    @hyzaarc- Happy Birthday. Enjoy your day.

Just popping in quickly.

Believeth- We have not started talking about the March challenge but now that you bring it up. We are open for suggestions.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,087 Member
    Options
    Wishes;
    Today is my 19th birthday (woo!). My wish is that I get back on track and stick to my weightloss goal of 100lbs.
    I also wish that my university and USask will collaborate for me to do a semester exchange.

Happy Birthday Wishes to You!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Lin

GHD Challenge 20/20

(Robin---enjoy that vacation!!!!!)
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Giving a quick hi to all.

Wednesday wish-- I have a few-- that my x would leave me alone to move on with my life, for the warmer weather comes quickly, and that i find someone actually worth my time.

Have a great day everyone!

Rachael
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Wed wish, to keep up with this new exercize program. I am really out of shape, I know round is a shape, I was so winded and my heart was thumping. well today is day 3.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Wishes;
    Today is my 19th birthday (woo!). My wish is that I get back on track and stick to my weightloss goal of 100lbs.
    I also wish that my university and USask will collaborate for me to do a semester exchange.

Hyzaarc = HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 19 years old WOOT!!! Hope you get your wish for a semester exchange!!:heart::heart:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Wow I miss one day and ya'll get three pages written:smile: I guess that will teach me no to slack off. I have been being semi depressed about the darn bills. January through march is almost the most stressful time with the way my husband gets paid but it is a little harder this year because our savings that we use during this time took a significant hit in December when my grandma passed. So I have been having to try and get our creditors to work with us a little and I swear every person I talk to acts like we are some major deadbeats that haven't paid all of these bills on time if not early for years. It is very frustrating:angry: Oh well the checks have started coming in (thank god) and I was able to get to the grocery store for some much needed shopping. I am one of those people who has a huge pantry with every shelf fully stocked and two freezers packed full so there is no danger of not having food but the things you use to go with the basics to make the meals lighter and healthier were becoming very scarce. I had some personals planned in my head but they seem to have fallen out so I remember someone is having a birthday so very happy b-day to them:flowerforyou: and Robin I hope you have an awesome time on your trip. I want to go somewhere tropical someday. For everyone else have a great day and my wish for the day is everyone gets everything they need deserve and want:happy:
  • rachael726
    Options
    Just wanted I share that I started c25k tonight and did week 1, day 1. Very interesting.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @hyzaarc--Happy Birthday!! :drinker:

Wed. Wish:
    Wish I was done with this grading. :wink: I guess if I want to finish, I'd better start. Will come back to do personals later.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @hyzaarc--Happy Birthday!!
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Okay- I just need to vent to get something off my chest and out of my mind. Today, at the gym I saw a former co-worker who I thought was a nice person and that we got along well. I did my best to help her through the first year of teaching which is always difficult. She even wrote me a letter of recommendation for a position as a Right Start Advisor (mentor teacher). This was several years ago now. She was forced to find a new school because Admin did not want her back for a second year, they didn't think she was up to par with teaching 6th graders. She was very creative but in over her head. Fast forward today, I was waving to her so I could say hi and ask how she was doing. Instead of a polite hi- I get a the following response " Why are you talking to me?' My response was that I thought we were co-workers at Lindale. She replied "You weren't nice to me then, why would you talk to me now." My response "I thought we were good teammates." She replied " No. I was not and don't talk to me again." I replied "I will never talk to you again." End of conversation forever.

It amazes me how people's views change over time and they forget how they were truly treated by people they once worked with. There is truly no reason to be rude to people if they are trying to say hi or just be nice. Her attitude truly angered me and I will go out of my way to grant her request. Sadly, I don't understand her response to me unless she mixed me up with some other person. Needless to say it never hurts to say hello to people, but then some people are just to wrapped up in themselves to be nice to other people. She now teaches high school at an alternative school-maybe she got what she deserved. Actually, she is most likely a better HS teacher than a middle school teacher.

Enough of my rant- thanks for listening or reading. LOL
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Tonight, was a good workout since it had a different focus- this time on back muscles. I am taking it easy on my knee right now so did not push to hard on the cardio aspect tonight. The back exercises really pointed out the weaknesses in my back muscles especially the trap muscles (clavical/ scapula area to the spine). So now, I am going to be working on those muscles and more mobility exercises are in my future.

Wish- That spring would arrive soon and that we actually have a spring this year. I am tired of the cold. Tonight the wind chill is in the teens and wintery weather is forecast for Thursday night/Friday. I wish that we don't have a repeat of last weeks icy road travels.

Need to grade a few papers. Have a great night everyone.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @hyzaarc~Happy Birthday!
    @Rachael~Congrats on completing the first day of C25K - how did it go?
    Okay- I just need to vent to get something off my chest and out of my mind. Today, at the gym I saw a former co-worker who I thought was a nice person and that we got along well. I did my best to help her through the first year of teaching which is always difficult. She even wrote me a letter of recommendation for a position as a Right Start Advisor (mentor teacher). This was several years ago now. She was forced to find a new school because Admin did not want her back for a second year, they didn't think she was up to par with teaching 6th graders. She was very creative but in over her head. Fast forward today, I was waving to her so I could say hi and ask how she was doing. Instead of a polite hi- I get a the following response " Why are you talking to me?' My response was that I thought we were co-workers at Lindale. She replied "You weren't nice to me then, why would you talk to me now." My response "I thought we were good teammates." She replied " No. I was not and don't talk to me again." I replied "I will never talk to you again." End of conversation forever.

It amazes me how people's views change over time and they forget how they were truly treated by people they once worked with. There is truly no reason to be rude to people if they are trying to say hi or just be nice. Her attitude truly angered me and I will go out of my way to grant her request. Sadly, I don't understand her response to me unless she mixed me up with some other person. Needless to say it never hurts to say hello to people, but then some people are just to wrapped up in themselves to be nice to other people. She now teaches high school at an alternative school-maybe she got what she deserved. Actually, she is most likely a better HS teacher than a middle school teacher.

Enough of my rant- thanks for listening or reading. LOL

Wow, Laurie, how rude of her. It amazes me that people can be so rude. I'm sorry that happened to you. :explode:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Tonight, was a good workout since it had a different focus- this time on back muscles. I am taking it easy on my knee right now so did not push to hard on the cardio aspect tonight. The back exercises really pointed out the weaknesses in my back muscles especially the trap muscles (clavical/ scapula area to the spine). So now, I am going to be working on those muscles and more mobility exercises are in my future.

I've been noticing a lot back weakness in myself as well, my trainer even pulled me off of an abs machine today because of it - he's having me do a lot more planks in our sessions now, hopefully it will help to strengthen that area. Hope your knee is doing better and your back to 100% soon.
  • rachael726
    Options
    @ Kelley- thanks! It went.. Well.. It kicked my butt! I didn't think it would and yup, I was surprised. I felt good afterwards though. More and more people are noticing my weightlloss which is thrilling me beyond belief. I'm so excited I could just scream!!! Wooooooooooot woooooooooooot!!!!!!!! I'm not sure how many days I should stick to each of the days in the week. That's the part that confuses me.

@ Laurie- what a grouch that lady was! Sorry to hear she treated you that way. Maybe she thought you had something to do with her not coming back a 2nd year and instead of talking about it she freaked out. You're better off without someone like that in your life. Too much negativity is bad. Karma is a mother though, big believer in that!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! Sorry I've been out again... this time... (men folk- cover your ears) - ovarian cysts. Worst. Pain. Ever. The doc says I have to deal with the pain for a few weeks, until it bursts. I'm pretty sure she hates me. :sad:

Anyway... was thinking about y'all and thought I'd stop in. I'm not the most positive lately... and honestly too drained to consider logging my food or posting much. I WILL be back though. I am sure that this series of unfortunate events should be coming to an end soon... it's gotta be!

Hope you are all doing terrific.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--sorry about the grumpy lady--that is really rude, and you're right to be angered at the way she treated you.

I was going to come back and post personals, but I also need to vent.

I am just disgusted by the laziness of my AP kids and their lack of effort on their most recent journals. These are some of the worst responses I've seen in awhile. Don't get me wrong, some of them wrote thorough, lovely replies to the prompts. However, an inordinate number of them clearly just phoned it in. As if that weren't frustrating enough, I then found a journal that had some of the exact same responses as one I read earlier today. Seriously!?! Not only did one of my AP students cheat on a JOURNAL response, but he copied off of another one of my students. Does he really think I'm so stupid that I won't realize it's the same word for word response? Or does he believe I'm such a horrible teacher that I don't actually read the journals? How very insulting in either case! I found the plagiarism hours ago and I'm still fuming! :mad:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Sorry for those of you who have had a frustrating day. Hang on.
    20/20 on GHD. Good night.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Hi y'all! Sorry I've been out again... this time... (men folk- cover your ears) - ovarian cysts. Worst. Pain. Ever. The doc says I have to deal with the pain for a few weeks, until it bursts. I'm pretty sure she hates me. :sad:

Anyway... was thinking about y'all and thought I'd stop in. I'm not the most positive lately... and honestly too drained to consider logging my food or posting much. I WILL be back though. I am sure that this series of unfortunate events should be coming to an end soon... it's gotta be!

Hope you are all doing terrific.

Can this be right/????? I had a hyster when I was 25 so I'm not informed on this but I"D GET A SECOND OPINION RIGHT AWAY!!!!! :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Laurie - the way you were treated at the gym was really unappropriate - no wonder you're taken aback! There's no words of understanding for the way she treated you - it was just uncalled for - the old say of "burning your bridges" comes to mind; a sensible person would have responded kindly to your wave in hopes of making a good networking opportunity out of the situation and she clearly missed that boat.

Skinny - it must be very frustrating to have discovered the cheater as you graded. That would frost my apples as well! I wish I was a mouse in the corner when you confront him - I bet you can wither him with one glance! :laugh: (or them, right?) Sorry so many other kids were lax in their responses as well. So give 'em a piece of your mind, blister their ears, make them hang their heads, ok?