Options

Replies

• AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Everybody
  • cassidysmommy
    Options
    not really anything i need to confess, execpt for the fact i am loving the idea of finally losing this weight i need.
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    So it's been awhile....I've been MIA for a long time.

Things are not going so well for me, as far as weight loss goes.
    Between school and my new job, I started october 14th. I work 3 12hr shifts a week. I have school 2 days a week. And financially for my husband and me, things are not good. So I haven't been focusing on myself at all. I don't even try anymore. I have gained almost all of my weight back and I dont even know where to begin. I am so depressed and frustrated. Not even sure how I let myself gain back the weight.

I dont even know if I can do it. I dont feel confident like I used to. Any advice would be great, I will try to get on here. But if you could message me on here as well that will go straight to my email and I can check that right away.

Tina

Breathe in slowly and back out again. All the things that matter will work out in the end. The fact that you came back on here and are thinking about it is what matters right now. Take that as a NSV!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of my US friends!!

Well I didn't make it to my Turkey Trot this morning. I had a mild migraine last night so had trouble falling asleep. When I woke up this morning, my head had that hollow "morning after a migraine" feeling so I was sluggish getting ready and out the door. I also didn't have time to eat or hydrate well before leaving. Drove most of the way to the race and realized I was never going to make my start time, so I turned around and drove home.

Once home, I ate some breakfast and drank a few glasses of water, and after about 45 minutes (to let the food settle) I headed out to run my 5k in my neighborhood. Took gunner for the 1st lap and did the second on my own. The route I took wasn't quite 3.1 miles--I think it's actually 2.9--but close enough, right. I finished in 32 minutes which was a great time considering every footfall was brain-jarringly painful.

Today, I am going to give a general thanks to all of my family and friends. I'm sure over the course of December's daily gratitude statements I will thank them all individually. I'm especially grateful to all of you for keeping me going even when it gets rough. :flowerforyou:

Grading goals:
    1. 68/73 AP essays

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym (cardio) NOT DONE
    Tues--rest day
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs--5k Turkey Trot DONE (sort of)
    Fri--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 75
    Dead lift = 75
    Squat = 85
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Gratitude Thursday:

My husband has put up with me for 32 years as of today.

My daughters who put the sparkle and shine in my life.

My mother who at 84 is amazing and going strong.

My friends who support me and love me despite myself.

My dog who is always a ready and willing walking partner.

MFP and boards like this that have made me believe I can lose the weight.

I am truly grateful and blessed.
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to my American neighbours! Hope you are enjoying your weekend with friends and loved ones!

Thursday Gratitude. I have lots to be thankful for. If I consider it, despite trials and problems, I live an exceedingly charmed life compared to many others.

#1. I am grateful for my husband, he's had me severely scared for him for the last year and half. Now that things are levelling out, I've taken a look at where my priorities should and do lie. He is my main impetus to become healthier. Good health should NOT be taken for granted.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I am thankful to have my family here for the weekend. I'm thankful for my health that makes me able to enjoy the prep for the big dinner. I'm thankful for daughters to go on a long walk with me even though it is a cold day.
    Happy Thanksgiving. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen- Sorry to hear that you had a migraine last night and it still was bothering you today. I also had a headache this afternoon and ended up taking a nap. Congrats for going for a run around your neighborhood today. Hope the headache is gone.

I did get my run in this morning but it was cold about 30 degree and windy. It was challenging because of the number of people running on the sidewalks. At least I managed to run the whole thing even though I had to stop/ slow down a few times due to the number of small children running it with their parents. My time was good considering this was the first time I have run in the cold. Last year I walked most of it and this year I ran it, so that is progress. Next year if I do this, I will go out with the first wave of fast runners because it should be less congested on the sidewalks. I did run in the street several times because the sidewalks are very uneven and there was ice in places today.

We managed to get my Dad home to celebrate Thanksgiving with us today. It was a challenge getting him into the house but we did it. I realized that he is not ready to come from rehab yet and still needs more practice with walking and getting in and out of cars. It is so tough seeing your parents get older. At least he was able to join us today. We did celebrate my parents 48th anniversary today.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

@laurie--Great job on your run today--running the whole thing in this cold weather is a wonderful accomplishment. :drinker: Yes, me headache is officially gone--yay! That's so nice that your dad was able to join you for the holiday and the anniversary celebration.

@kaye--sounds like a good time! :flowerforyou:

@p1xy--That is so true! As much as I sometimes whine about the little things, I try to keep that same perspective--I have a wonderful life!

@lives--wonderful list! Congrats on 32 years!

AFM--We had a really nice time at my sister's in-laws. We thought it might be awkward b/c we don't really know them, but it was fine. Most of the night the focus was on my gorgeous niece--our shared adoration of her was a common bond. :wink: Dinner was delicious, and though I ate too much, it wasn't out of control. There's no way for me to log accurately, so I'm not going to waste my time--will just chalk it up to a splurge day and move on.

Grading goals:
    1. 68/73 AP essays

Exercise goals:
    Tues--rest day
    Fri--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 75
    Dead lift = 75
    Squat = 85
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    pixy - I will agree with you - I have had a charmed life and have always come through my trials the better for them!

I slept solid from 8 pm to 10 am today and I feel so rested - its great to get such a block of sleep!

Skinny - sorry for your migraine - I am amazed you got out and ran in your neighborhood!

Laurie - sounds like a great run despite the cold and the toddlers!

Happy Day after Thanksgiving to everyone - enjoy your choice of activity today!
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm obviously new and trying to lose 100 lbs. :)

1/3 of the way there.

Fitness Friday:
    I'm on day 9 of phase 1 of jms 30 day shred. And today my family is going to go play tennis. Woo hoo!
  • rnmortell
    Options
    Hello. I am new here and trying to lose 100lbs need all the support and information I can get! Right now starting with the watching what I eat and logging it. So far this is helpful! I started physical therapy for my back last week so I am hopeful this will help s I can start being more active.:smile:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Our Thanksgiving was really wonderful. DD house is really layed out well for a large group. My grateful today is a little involved, but I will try to make a long story short.
    I am grateful that my step-granddaughter, her boyfriend and her 2 children joined us for Thanksgiving dinner. Due to some complicated issues and her mother's attitude, she became estranged from the family when my son and her mother divorced 13 years ago. He has said that losing her was the hardest part of the divorce. Things have changed, which is part of the long story, and now she is eager to re-establish a relationship with our family. We had a wonderful time with her little family yesterday. She has a cute 4-year-old boy and darling almost 3-year-old girl. As they were preparing to leave, she said that she would like to come back often. She said to her family, "We can have a real family here. My family is disfunctional and crazy. We have to stay away from them." It really touched me and I am so glad that she feels she can have a family here. It will be good for her to stay close to her brother who is my 16-year-old grandson.
    I'm sure that I have gone over my calories, but I'm trying to get lots of exercise and do the best I can this week. Sunday I will start again, and I hope I haven't done too much damage in the meantime.
    Robin, so glad that you got some good sleep.
    Welcome to the newlings. This a good place to be. Log your food and come here often. It works!
    I hope that you are all having a good holiday weekend. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Well...went over my calories yesterday. Have leftover cookies in the house today....Must resist.

I ate terribly yesterday, but I did feel a bit better knowing I hit the gym yesterday. :)

I hope you all had wonderful holidays with your families! :)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    An extremely busy day and it is just the start of the weekend. I took my car into the shop today to have a gasket replaced, I hope they have it ready sooner rather than later. If not, it will get picked up tomorrow morning before water aerobics. I still need to go to the store tomorrow and pick up a few things for a pot luck dinner I am going to. Then drop everything off with the host, so it will be on time since I will be late to the event.

I just need to get myself organized so I can accomplish everything I need to do tomorrow in a timely fashion.
    1. Pick up car unless it is ready today.
    2. Grocery Store
    3. Water Aerobics and swim
    4. Make green bean casserole
    5. Put in storm windows
    6. Drop off food and other stuff
    7. Go to church
    8, Go to party
    9. Remember to breath in and out

A friend is picking up tonight to go rock climbing, otherwise I would just stop at the store on my way home tonight.

Sunday- Gym- bike and walk DONE
    Monday-Rest Conferences at work DONE
    Tuesday- Trainer DONE
    Wednesday- Gym DONE
    Thursday- Turkey trot DONE
    Friday-climbing
    Saturday- Swim/ aerobics
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi guys!

@laurie--sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead! Hope the car is ready soon. It's nice that you found someone to pick you up so you don't have to miss your climbing.

@alupinsk--STEP AWAY FROM THE COOKIES!! :laugh: :laugh: Just kidding. Today is a new day.

@kay--how lovely that your step-granddaughter and her family are back in your life.

@robin--congrats on a great night's sleep--that will do wonders for you!

Friday Fitness:
    Well I went to the gym and lifted and did some cardio--20 minutes of HIIT on the stationary bike plus an easy 10 on the elliptical. Gunner also got a nice walk as the weather here is improving. Still chilly, but sunny with less wind.

Today, I am grateful for old friends. Tonight I'm going to see a couple of friends from HS. My friend Ann's son's band is playing at a pub near our HS so a few of us are meeting to catch up and see the band perform. Afterwards, I will spend the night at my parents and may meet another friend for breakfast on Saturday.

Grading goals:
    1. 68/73 AP essays

Exercise goals:
    Tues--rest day
    Fri--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 75
    Dead lift = 80
    Squat = 85
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hey guys!
    Heading to my parents before going out tonight, but I had about 45 minutes to spare, so I stopped at Starbucks and graded 3 more papers--go me!!:tongue:

Hope everyone has a great night! :drinker:

Grading goals:
    1. 65/73 AP essays

Exercise goals:
    Tues--rest day
    Fri--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 75
    Dead lift = 80
    Squat = 85
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 50

Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Hey my favorite MFP peeps!

@Karen~I am so sorry for your migraine and that you missed your turkey trot, glad you were feeling well enough to get out for a run later though.

@Laurie~Looks like you have a super busy weekend planned.

AFM~I'm back from my parents. Had a really nice Thanksgiving, actually did pretty well - over a bit but not terrible. Did play badminton with my nephews for a while yesterday, that was good for burning some of it off (not a lot though). I got lots of nephew time, my older nephew has a new found love for Lego's and now plays with all of my old Lego sets so I got roped in to building him all kinds of stuff. :laugh: I think their favorite thing is me just tickling them, love those silly boys! :love:

Feeling tired and have a headache myself this evening, so just going to lay low and maybe find a movie on HBO or it may be early to bed for me.

Have a good evening!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Happy Day after Thanksgiving everyone!! It sounds like everyone had a nice day and enjoyed some good food. Mine wasn't a complete bust UNTIL later that night. Our neighbor sent home some peppermint sugar cookies. Needless to say, I ate WAY too many. What was I thinking??!!! I did go to the gym today. I had one main meal of leftovers and will have a little snack tonight, but that's it. I've got some leftovers that we'll work through this weekend, but come Monday AM I'm going hard core. No excuse.

@ Karen - Sorry the Turkey Trot didn't work out yesterday, but it sounds like you got in some great exercise today. Plus, you got some papers graded too. Good for you!! I've been battling headaches lately myself. I was blaming Aunt Flo's visit last week, but there not going away. I'm thinking stress to be honest. Work's been a little nuts and I've been a little upset with my recent weight fluctuations. I just need to calm down and take a breather.

@ Kelley - It sounds like you had fun. I saw your post about playing badminton. Always mixing it up. Good for you!!! Do you still have a few weeks left of craziness at work? I know you were really slammed so I hope the end is in sight.

@ Kaye - I loved reading your post. When I left Cyrus' father, he was only 2. We had been married almost 10 years. His family really didn't talk to me for awhile. I guess I always thought they blamed me for leaving him. Well, I finally wrote a letter and sent it to the siblings, mother, etc. . . I asked them to still be in Cyrus' life. They have a big family and I wanted Cyrus to still have his grandmother, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. . . The family immediately called me and apologized. They never meant to exclude us. Since then, we have stayed in touch. To be honest, they would rather me and Cyrus come to the holiday events because they know Cyrus' dad has been a dead beat. I think it's great she was comfortable enough to share her need for a family. All of your kids, grandkids, etc. . . are really lucky to have such a wonderful mom, grandma, friend in their life.

@ Laurie - Congrats on completing the Turkey Trot! I know your temps were chilly. You've got a lot going on, but it sounds like fun too. Enjoy your potluck and time with your friends.

@ Alupinsk - Unfortunately, I caved on the cookies. The good thing is there all gone. The bad thing is I have a lot of exercise to do to get rid of those extra calories. So not happy with myself. I hit the gym today, but plan to go tomorrow too.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! I read through all the post finally. I think the Dec Gratitude is awesome. I need that to remind myself all I am grateful for.
    @Everyone Hope you all had a great holiday
    @Gorilla- Awesome 5K with the kiddos
    @Laurie- Glad 5k went well and that your dad was able to be there for thanksgiving.
    @Skinny- Congrats on 5K
    @Robin- hope your feeling better and getting much needed rest
    @New people- welcome

Gratitude Day- Thankful for my family even though we are not close.

My turkey day dinner was not good it rarely has been over the years honestly my mom can't cook and she doesn't season food at all so it all tasty nasty plus I hate turkey but gotta love her for trying. I had to actually make my tummy stop growling with McDonald's it was the only thing open.