Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Laurie - so excited by your reporting your experience at the T2T race in New York City. It does sound wonderful. By gosh I am going to meet all of you one of these days, as a co - runner or as a cheer-leader! :bigsmile: What a vivid account. Wow you experienced something special. Glad you got to do some of the after party. Can't wait to hear the other's accounts.
    Do you have a day of rest before going back to school ?
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    anjol35 - welcome to this thread - sorry you feeling your in a tough spot - but you'll find lots of sympathetic company here who will help you get your mojo going again! For free even!

kathrynlaneha - hi there, first post - good for you - that's pretty brave - welcome to you! Come back often for great advice and support.

Rachel 200 - greeting to you - lots of support here -its good to check in daily you;ll get the most support that way. See ya often Ok?
    I love the name Rose

Tanya - sorry your painful breakup still hurts - it does go on and on for a long long time. Keep telling us how you feel and VENT - its healthy for you! :cry:

Robin
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    LivesToTravel - we ARE going to repeat the challenge in October - thanks for your vote - yep as most everyone's daily count shows - it is hard to stay on track!

Kah - 18 years - wow that is really something to celebrate ! Amazing!

MrsMorgori - its so nice to see you! Just a peek at your photo and I see why Tom married you!

Ushkii - laziness is my ongoing problem - heck - its a majority of people problems - :laugh: so nice when you pop in!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE Note and be ready................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread – it happens that every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread – therefore you will see at the bottom of the last post on THIS page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One. robinsegg

:heart: :heart:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    ____________________________________________________________________________:flowerforyou:

OK FOLKS CAN I HAVE YOUR COOPERATION - PLEASE DON'T POST AND LET ME END THIS PAGE MYSELF SO I CAN CONTROL THE ROLL-OVER TO THE NEW PAGE ONE. IT WILL JUST TAKE A FEW MINUTES.

ROBINS EGG ___________________________________________________________________________:flowerforyou:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE Note and be ready................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread – it happens that every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread – therefore you will see at the bottom of the last post on THIS page 20 a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One. robinsegg 494
  • RobinsEgg
    Options

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One. robinsegg
  • RobinsEgg
    Options

• RobinsEgg
    Options

• RobinsEgg
    Options

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    499 (i'M COUNTING TO THE 500 TH POST - THATS THE END OF THE 20TH PAGE.....)

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    500 - THIS IS IT - THE Last post on this page (HOPE I DIDN'T MIS-COUNT - DOH)

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Newbies, Welcome to our Thread! :heart: You can JOIN us just by posting your comment at the end of this thread. Feel free to say what you what. We have some guidelines below and some suggestions for monthly challenges but it’s not mandatory and you can jump into the challenge at any point in the month.

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any goals you want to share with us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to ‘fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

OCTOBER CHALLENGE:

WATCH YOUR CALORIES MONTH! :drinker: Goal is to Track Your Calories…. i.e. Track the Number of Days you are under your Calorie Goal. (if you’re within 100 cal. you’re within your goal.)

If you don’t want to do that, INSTEAD, THE OPTION IS TO TRACK SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE: i.e, if you choose, personalize the Challenge by counting your macros or protein, salt, or sugars/carbs intake for the month.. If this doesn’t trip your trigger, you can count your walks or just about anything. But keep records!

It’s a great challenge in that you will certainly pay attention to the bottom line: Calories In must be less than calories out to lose weight. Hard to practice but a great month to be active.

You are Responsible for tracking and Posting your Progress on the thread. Please post your progress weekly. You may include LivesToTravels definition of bad days: Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days:!!
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    SOME GOOD ADVICE ON GETTING STARTED ON YOUR PERSONAL WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY: :wink:

“Make a list of what you Will and Will Not do to get to your goal.
    I did this when I first started. I had 3 columns: WILL DO, WILL NOT DO and WILL TRY LATER.

I was brutally honest with myself when I made this list. Cooking from scratch or following a specific diet plan that meant I had to cook was firmly in the WILL NOT column. Also in that column was "Quit eating out." After cooking for a family for 30+ years, I am over it and knew I would need to rely on prepared foods for dinners.
    The WILL column contained things like "staying within a daily calorie goal".
    Exercise was in the LATER column.
    Based on this list, I came up with an eating plan that I felt would be sustainable for me”.Written by LivesToTravel.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to my Thread - its been going strong for 4 years and many people have been very successful. You do NOT need to send me a personal friend request - as I will be your daily friend right here in this thread -OK? Thanks! Robin aka Robinsegg
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Just caught up on posts, but I'm exhausted after a long day of travel. Robin, you were correct that the ATC problems in Chicago delayed my flight into O'hare. I'm finally home, unpacked, and in much need of sleep, :yawn: so I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Glad laurie gave a summary of our trip. It was so great! I will post more about it tomorrow as wel. :flowerforyou:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,124 Member
    Options
    Me too---bump!

Lin
  • mommyonamission418
    mommyonamission418 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I used to do this thread along time ago....Wishes wednesday...pre pregnancy I lost 50 lbs and got in to a size 20, then From pregnancy and laziness I gained it all back. Now I am striving to get back in those jeans and reclaim my confidence. That is my wish at the moment
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    BUMP

Welcome back Karen, Laurie and Susan from NYC!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Enduranze3
    Enduranze3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd love to join! I lost 40 pounds a while back and have gained it all back and two more on top of it. I promised today that I would reset myself yet again.