How Wrong I Was! 600 Days of MFP. Lotsa pics.

Options

Replies

• EyeOnThePrize82
    Options
    Congratulations! You did wonderful! Such wise advice you gave as well.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    LOVED your story I too am NOT on a diet and as long as my macros allow I it I too eat everything but I do it in moderation.You look fabulous doll!!!! :)
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    You look great. ((of course you were great before, but you are *sparkling* now))
    There was a LOT of valuable information in this post...so THANK YOU on that. I keep telling people they need to EAT and not starve themselves. When I sit down and eat a meal my sister says I can't be *dieting*...of course I tell her I'm NOT dieting...I'm changing my lifestyle. ((she doesn't get it))
    Anyhow....AWESOME job and thank you so very much for posting this...all of it! :flowerforyou:
  • sohi_firefly
    Options
    Wow!! Best motivational post I've read so far. Thanks!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    This is the second time I've read this and I hope one day to post something similar. Pics taken, calories going up, weights getting heavier.... fingers crossed.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! Such an inspiration. I took pictures last night, and they depressed me so much. But, I need to remember to keep moving forward and keep taking pictures. I'll start seeing the difference soon enough. Thank you for the encouragement and the examples. Again... you are such an inspiration.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! ::flowerforyou:
    Don't u have issues with ur breast shrinking. Am not that endowed breast wise and it's looking like fried eggs right now so am kind of scare lifting will make it disappear all together, lol. Am lifting now and heavy too anyways.

I never had much in the line of boobs. They're smaller than they were when I weighed 30 pounds more, but for the most part, I'm wearing the same bras, just with the straps shortened and the band on a different hook.
    Wow! You look great! You just gave me hope, because my butt looks like your first pic and I need to look like your 3rd after you started lifting! It looks soooo good!!! How did you get it to do that? Seriously, I want to know!!

Weight lifting. I'm currently doing Stronglifts 5x5. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

It's my first time following an actual program. I took photos after 2 weeks, and I'll be taking more tomorrow or Saturday at the end of 4 weeks. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/761041-two-weeks-in
  • Bere4ever
    Bere4ever Posts: 188
    Options
    awesome job!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • BosBruin5
    BosBruin5 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    As always, so inspirational! You should be life coach!
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    love this post! and the muscles!
  • SeeShelle3
    SeeShelle3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I’ve been maintaining my weight for over a year now, within 10 pounds or so. It’s no different than when I was actively trying to lose. I have a little more wiggle room, and I don’t always log my food (and never on weekends or holidays), but I’m mindful of what I eat and still run three times a week, and lift weights two or three times a week. One or two weekend days are for rest. And now more than ever, the scale is meaningless. I’m up about 8 pounds from my low weight in October, but I can’t see any difference in photos and my clothes fit the same. Said it before, and I’ll say it again. Screw the scale.

The TL;DR version:

Don’t starve yourself.

Eat at an appropriate deficit for the amount you have to lose.

If you’re using MFP to calculate your calorie goal, eat most of your exercise calories.

Exercise regularly.

Lift heavy things.

Don’t stress over the scale.

Take pictures.

Love your body.

Have patience.

I'm going to print these out and hang them up! I started MFP 30 days ago but I've been yo-yoing for over 20 years. I keep watching the scale and it's driving me crazy. Even though I am losing weight - Wed. when I weighed in and saw a 2 lb. loss it just didn't feel right. My pants still fit the same and I had just gotten over a bad head cold. I expected a gain. I was one of those who thought that I had to maintain 900 calories to lose weight. Skip a couple meals and I'd be good to go.

And it use to work.... in my 20's and 30's. Not so much in my 40's. It's harder. Sooooo much harder. But I realized that I never really had any muscle. Never really was healthy, even when I weighed in the 120's and fit nicely in a pair of 3/4's.

Thank you so much for your post... and repost. And you are right - this is a lifestyle change and can't be just a quick fix and then go back to normal. Exercising and eating better has to be my new normal.

Thank you for sharing your journey. It has helped me realize how I can reach my goals and maintain a healthy lifestyle without feeling guilty.
  • shanjen27
    shanjen27 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Best.Post.EVER. :flowerforyou:
  • alanrosez
    Options
    You rock!
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! It is truly inspiring to read about your successes and misconceptions, it helps me to put to rest some wrong ideas I have about my journey. Again, thank you!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Very insightful..great job! Love the same weight comparison pictures!

Thanks for your story. I am just starting todo a workout with weights routine
  • jill1765
    Options
    Thanks for your post!!! You look amazing. Very inspiring.
  • dianamgudiel
    Options
    Amazing work!!! I love your post
  • DaddyM1
    DaddyM1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are AWESOME! I'm so glad you kept such meticulous photographic records of your progress. So many folks just don't believe it until they can see it.

Well, lady, you brought the proof big time!

Thanks for sharing.
    Ed.
  • aneciarobinson
    aneciarobinson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!! You are so motivating!!
  • thyagofalconi
    thyagofalconi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, congratulations! ; )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!