I want honest opinions?

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• dipletti
    dipletti Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i think you should feel comfortable in your own skin. i agree you looked much too thin in the middle picture. if your boyfriend was telling you to drop some weight my opinion is you should drop HIM. I'd bet you'd feel much lighter after that! you looked young and beautiful in the first picture.

I totally agree with quoted poster. You look lovely how you are now. The middle pic you did look quite thin.
    But it is you that has to be happy...
  • Notorious_Pig
    Notorious_Pig Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend is a goose. You don't need to diet.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Sorry now but what is wrong with 5 8 and 145 lbs?? im 5 2 and 142 lbs and Im fine!I say Im fine and I feel fine!you look fine Id be seriously considering my relationship with him bloody jerk!you are lovrely as you are!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    If it means anything, I'm 5'8" and started at 150 lbs and stopped at 130 lbs and I'm happy where I am. I find between 125 and 135 to feel healthy for me but 120 seems low. Just IMO :D But I think you look great in all the photos!

ETA: I think the fact that you have this thread asking everyone's opinions just goes to show that there is something underlying this weight loss that is not about how you look/feel. For example, you lost weight because your bf said to, and gained weight because your friends/family said to. You gotta figure out what YOU want and where YOU feel most comfortable and happy and healthy. Not a vote based on what everyone on MFP thinks. Everyone has different opinions of what is ideal, really thin people might think the middle is great, really large people might think the top photo is skinny, when I know what it's like to be 5'8 and 140, it's not ideal for me either, and for you maybe it isn't either! Just pick where you feel happiest and healthiest!
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic in the third picture (the weight you are now). Your middle picture looks like you are recovering from a recent illness (sorry).

I think the only weight you really needed to have lost was 175 pounds of boyfriend!!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm surprised people are still posting on this! But just as an update if anyone was curious....I'm back to about 140, but more toned now. I think I'm on the right track to feeling good about myself.
    And yes, I did lose about 200 lbs because I dumped the guy :)

Just saw this!!!! This makes me so happy :) 140 can be great for 5'8" but body composition is important. 140 and really high BF% doesn't look great but you can be 140 with muscle mass and look 120! Glad you lost the jerk ;)
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    You look amazing in the first and third picture. The second picture you look sickly.
    Drop the boyfriend
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look great in the last picture. You deserve a better boyfriend.
  • persuader1
    persuader1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not read all the replies but you look great in the first pic and way too skinny in the others.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!