I want honest opinions?

Options
When I started my weight loss I was 5'8" and 140-145 lbs. Here's a picture, sorry its not very good, but I didn't think about taking before and after pics.
082bab34.jpg

After around 3 months of working out, dieting, etc I weighed 120 lbs, here's a picture.
75df170d.png

And now after 2 months of struggling and lacking motivation I've put on weight. About 7-10 lbs. My weight fluctuates between 125-130 now. Heres a pic
4662590a.jpg

I really want to get back to the middle pic, but I want to know what other people honestly think? Because when I started it was because I felt big and my boyfriend told me I needed to lose weight. Then by the time I got to my low weight everybody told me I was too thin now and needed to gain weight. Because of that I started getting stressed and eating too much and it put me right back to unhappiness. What are your opinions?

Replies

• MaryMacAttack
    MaryMacAttack Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i think you should feel comfortable in your own skin. i agree you looked much too thin in the middle picture. if your boyfriend was telling you to drop some weight my opinion is you should drop HIM. I'd bet you'd feel much lighter after that! you looked young and beautiful in the first picture.
  • pooh431bear
    pooh431bear Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Honestly....the middle pic is the LEAST FLATTERING photo of you. Waay to skinny! You look much prettier in the other photos.
  • shannonlee28
    Options
    I honestly think the last picture of you is the best, you have a little bit of meat on you and no bones sticking out. Don't listen to your boyfriend, you do not need to lose anymore weight.
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    In my honest opinion, the first pic of you is my favourite. You look healthy and its a fine weight for your height. I think you look a bit too thin in the middle pic. If youre happy with yourself now like in the last pic then its also a healthier looking weight. You said it was your boyfriend and others who put the idea of losing weight in your head. Were you happy the way you were before? Has this been a healthy weight loss/lifestyle change for you?
    Ultimately its what youre happiest with, once youre getting the right nutriition and feeling good and energetic etc :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    In the middle pic you look gaunt. You need to build up some muscle.
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    okay, to be totally honest with you don't listen to your boyfriend. he needs to appreciate you no matter how your body is. on the first photo, you didn't look big, but it look like you could have use some toning. the second pic you looked sickly. the one where you put on a little weight was better than the the other. you need to just find a weight and size that you like, not your boyfriend, but you. i think that men tend to like women with a little something and not too much. so good luck girl. (build some muscles)
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Honestly....find a boyfriend who never says you need to lose weight.

145 is very healthy for a 5'8 woman...and you looked so much cuter in the first pic. :)
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    Honestly, I think you look fine. The middle pic I personally find to be too thin. You have to feel good about you. You look great! Its hard when someone is telling you that you need to lose weight. But, seriously I don't know what he was talking about.
  • runninginfire
    Options
    My favorite would definately be the first picture...you look really healthy there!!! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    5'8" and 140-145 lbs is fine. The first photo looks great! The middle photo is not great.

I'll say two more things: tell your boyfriend he's nuts. Talk to your parents before you develop an eating disorder.

Sorry to be so blunt. But this thread worries me.
  • sandyyy712
    Options
    thanks for all the feedback. it's just been so long that i've felt comfortable in my own skin that it's hard for me to see myself clearly so it helps to know what others think.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    You were a little bitty teenie weenie thing in that middle pic! you have a great shape as is, but if YOU, not your boyfriend, feel uncomfortable, try lifting heavy weights. you look like you dont hang onto fat easily (i think my thigh may be bigger around thsn your waist....) so adding in serious strength trainibg would give you some gorgeous definition!
  • hs1956
    hs1956 Posts: 16
    Options
    You are young and beautiful. The middle picture scares me. My 22 year old daughter is 5'10, fine boned and about 135 and looks more like your first and last picture-she can't keep the guys away! Her boyfriend and male pals consider her "hot". If she looked like your middle picture, I would be having trouble sleeping at night.

Your boyfriend has a problem, not you. You are gorgeous and it saddens me to see that this boyfriend is so harmful.

Sorry if I am being so presumptive. You look a lot like my daughter!
  • haleydself
    Options
    Yes, the first and last pic are my favorites. You looked way too thin in the 2nd pic. In my opinion, when I see bones sticking out, it's too thin. I would drop the boyfriend and find someone who loved you the way you are now. The healthy way!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

This is what I was going to say. Yes you are thin, but if you put some muscle on I think you would look really amazing.

At least that is my opinion.
  • rexland
    rexland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of what has been said. Best advice to forget the scales, hit the weights and develop some strength and power. You won't miss the boyfriend very long!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options

I agree. The middle photo looks like you have been ill. Have you tried some strength training? Muscle is beautiful!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I think you look best in the first. You're tall, 120 is way low for you imo.
  • xxpipsxx
    xxpipsxx Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    In all honestly I think that you look the prettiest and most comfortable in your weight in the first picture. I am the same height as you and according to the chart I am going by under 164lb you are healthy but under 125lb is considered to be underweight, so your first picture you are smack bang in the middle of healthy :) I certainly wouldn't want you to lose any more weight and you shouldnt do it for your boyfriend. If you are comfortable at your original weight then thats up to u. He is probably saying those things to you because he feels bad about himself. Anyways good luck what ever you decide :) x
  • Cara2628
    Cara2628 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think you look best in the last pic. If you don't like the way you look try toning up a little :) you are beautiful so don't let your boyfriend make you feel like you aren't
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!