I want honest opinions?

Options

Replies

• AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    In the middle pic you look gaunt. You need to build up some muscle.
    I agree heartily. You have a great body! Put some *good* muscle on there and rock it! Be proud of yourself. And if you do it the right way to heck what your boyfriend might think. Men say things like that to keep you second guessing yourself because THEY are weak and insecure. Don't let his baggage drag you down! :wink:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you look gaunt in that second picture. You should think about adding some muscle to your frame if you're going low bodyfat as well.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I like the 1st and 3rd photos. The 2nd one not so much because you look sickly and gaunt. I am 5'7 and my goal is 160 lbs for now because I still want to be curvy but later on I might decide to go to 150 lbs if I want to go a little smaller.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i think you should feel comfortable in your own skin. i agree you looked much too thin in the middle picture. if your boyfriend was telling you to drop some weight my opinion is you should drop HIM. I'd bet you'd feel much lighter after that! you looked young and beautiful in the first picture.

*this*
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think you look great in the first photo. You are tall and I think 140 is fine for your height. I'm almost 5'5" and should be 130 lbs.
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You look healthy. Lose the judgmental boyfriend!!
  • c_porcayo
    Options
    My honest opinion? Your boyfriend is a dirt bag!

When my husband and I met, I was 105lbs, size 1 and could wear anything! I looked great in my opinion. I am a size 9 now, 146lbs and I have a not so flattering stomach from 2 kids and stretch marks and never once has he told me to lose weight. Only time he has ever said something close was on my 20th birthday and I couldn't fit into the dress I wanted to wear and cried in the bathroom for nearly an hour and he told me "Babe if you are that unhappy with yourself, change it." and that was it.

DUMP HIM. not the weight. You look great in the first one!
  • shannyfro
    shannyfro Posts: 641
    Options
    You looked perfect in your first pic! I honestly think you are too skinny in the other pictures. Your boyfriend is blind if he can't see how beautiful you were at your previous weight. Girl, I would LOVE to weigh 145! haha You looked healthy at that weight. :) You do what's best for you though, what makes you feel good and happy!
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The only weight you need to lose is your boyfriend.

You were PERFECT before the weight loss.
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Do what feels healthy TO YOU. This isn't about making others happy (though it sounds like it started that way), this is about what YOU want to look like and feel like. If you like the way you felt in the middle picture and you were NOURISHED then go for it! But if you are more nourished at the 3rd picture and you are happy (but your douche boyfriend isn't) then that's his problem (dump him).
  • lizmaebar
    Options
    Sweetie, you were perfect in the first picture. I know that it's hard to except our own bodies, but try your best to stop doing things for others. Know that you are beautiful and that you should be happy before anyone else...especially some guy that tells you that you need to change. (((hugs))) If you like to read, I am reading "What Happy Women Know." It's a pretty good read so far. I think you might benefit from reading it.
  • jessimurph
    jessimurph Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Honestly....find a boyfriend who never says you need to lose weight.

145 is very healthy for a 5'8 woman...and you looked so much cuter in the first pic. :)

This. Drop that boyfriend quickly. Life's too short to Keep someone around that doesn't appreciate you. If he's into anorexic types let him find someone else. You look great in the first and third pic.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    top pic is the best imo.
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend is an *kitten*. Lose him instead.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    i think you should feel comfortable in your own skin. i agree you looked much too thin in the middle picture. if your boyfriend was telling you to drop some weight my opinion is you should drop HIM. I'd bet you'd feel much lighter after that! you looked young and beautiful in the first picture.

I agree with this. You look like a skeleton in the middle picture. You look healthy in both the first and third picture. Best of luck to you.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    You are perfect and beautiful in the first photo!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Honest opinion. . .middle pic was starting into the scary skinny realm. Your last pic looks good.

My bigger concern is with a BOYfriend who tells you to lose weight. If he doesn't cherish you EXACTLY the way you are. . .he doesn't realize what he has. You need someone who loves you at any weight. My hubby has loved me at 130, 191 (preggers) 168 (NOT preggers) and now 135. . .Be you. Don't be what some BOY wants you to be!!

Be HEALTHY!!!!
  • mercymarque
    Options
    When u love someone weight shouldn't matter. What is important is ur health. Ur too young to put strain on ur heart with all the going up and down. Ur look much healthier in the first and last picture. Stop playing with dieting before u develope an issue. If he can't accept u for who u r. U don't need him!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think you looked really pretty in the first picture and way too skinny in the middle one.

I also think your boyfriend is a massive *kitten* and you should dump him. You're gorgeous and you can do much better.
    ^^^THIS^^^
    Ditch the jerk (because honestly, that's a horrid, controlling thing to say, ESPECIALLY when you were small to begin with), ditch the scale, hit the weights, and see where you FEEL best.
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    You're hot in all these pics and your boyfriend is disgusting for asking you to change.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!