I want honest opinions?

Options

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Added bonus--you can start eating maintenance and get your balance that way. Unless you do want to gain some, which you very much have room to do. You could eat a bit more than maintenance and gain it slowly, which would help you develop a good proportion of muscle and healthy fat. You'd also get to see yourself change gradually and pick where YOU feel best, not your boyfriend or those of us on the internet.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    i think you should feel comfortable in your own skin. i agree you looked much too thin in the middle picture. if your boyfriend was telling you to drop some weight my opinion is you should drop HIM. I'd bet you'd feel much lighter after that! you looked young and beautiful in the first picture.

^ I think this is wise advice. However, I know from experience that this is MUCH harder to do. When someone we love (or care about deeply) tells us that we need to lose some weight, even if they meant it to be kind. There is such a thing as "killing us with kindness".
    You are young, so you are not that thin. I think if you got back to near the weight you were at in the middle picture but maybe add 3-7 lbs. You know what would look best on you.

Note: In all three (3) pictures, I saw a beautiful, strong, young woman. :flowerforyou:
  • CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that people make you feel uncomfortable. Your boyfriend should never tell you to lose weight. you looked great in your before picture. If a man ever told me to lose weight, he'd end up losing something else that's for sure. Your family shouldn't tell you to gain weight either. If you love yourself at any weight that's all that matters. Marilyn Monroe was a knockout in a size 12 dress. Our idea of skinny and fat are so skewed in society that you are considered skinny (especially in my family). So... just my opinion. Don't worry about it. Be healthy and strong (at whatever that weight might be) and live a long, good life.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I think if you got back to near the weight you were at in the middle picture but maybe add 3-7 lbs. You know what would look best on you.

Note: In all three (3) pictures, I saw a beautiful, strong, young woman. :flowerforyou:

That's her last picture. She is 5-10 lbs heavier than the middle one. 3 lbs on top of the middle one would probably not be quite enough. Her being young doesn't negate her being underweight.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    It sure would be helpful if people would read all the OP's posts in this thread. She has said she knows that at her low weight in that second picture she was unhealthy and too thin (her words). She says she has an eating disorder (whether that's self-diagnosed or not, she clearly sees she has issues with body image and food). So maybe people should stop telling her to get to a weight that she "feels good" at and tell her that her HEALTH is of utmost importance. With her skewed perspective it seems that a professional opinion is in order. Maybe a professional would tell her she's healthy at that low weight, but telling her to go off of her feelings when she herself has stated that she has a hard time seeing herself clearly and either has an eating disorder or may be on her way there is irresponsible.
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    UNTOLDSMILE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be rude, but your boyfriend is an *kitten* for saying that to you. I see a lot of girls on here saying they need to lose weight and they look perfectly fine. I don't think you need to lose any weight.
  • stagegoddess
    Options
    too skinny in the middle pic (unless ur a professional model), u should be the weight where you can maintain it in a healthy way and iff a guy doesn't like 7 extra pounds you should drop him. be healthy and happy for you--not anyone else
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    lose the boy...
  • kluvfreddy
    kluvfreddy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    First of all DUMP the boyfriend! He is the reason why so many young people have eating disorders. In the middle pic you look way to skinny almost sickly. That last pic you looked good. :smile:
  • AdGalicia
    AdGalicia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight loss I was 5'8" and 140-145 lbs. Here's a picture, sorry its not very good, but I didn't think about taking before and after pics.
    082bab34.jpg

After around 3 months of working out, dieting, etc I weighed 120 lbs, here's a picture.
    75df170d.png

And now after 2 months of struggling and lacking motivation I've put on weight. About 7-10 lbs. My weight fluctuates between 125-130 now. Heres a pic
    4662590a.jpg

WTH!!! First pic for sure...with a little toning though!! I'm 5'8" and my goal is to weigh 145...no less! Don't listen to boys regarding your body, snap out of it and do what makes you happy!!!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful in ALL pics....but first of all, like everyone said don't ever listen to anyone that tells you, you need to lose weight when clearly you didn't....even from the first pic you looked perfectly fine and healthy....especially from a boyfriend, that's just not right. If it was ever a PERSONAL
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    (sorry got cut off)....if it was ever a PERSONAL goal for you to get "healthier" by eating better then so be it....but honestly no one should ever tell you how you're supposed to look. Plain and simple. You need to be comfortable in your own skin and honestly I would refer to a BMI index as well to find an appropriate weight for your height. For 5'8" 125 lbs has a BMI of 19, by some scales 19 would be considered underweight...by other scales 18.5 and below is underweight which would put you at borderline normal. Typically a normal or healthy BMI is anywhere between 20-25.....being 5'8" and weighing 145 lbs would put you at a BMI of 22....just right...and remember it's not about how much you weigh, its about how you feel....because you can be tone and weigh more just because you're so tone.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    In my honest opinion you look too skinny in the second picture. You look perfect the way you are now :-)
  • woladok
    woladok Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The first and third pics are the best, but like many others I think you should make peace with loving yourself at whatever size and ditch the boyfriend who told you otherwise. Good luck.
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I think you look healthiest in the first pic imo.
  • dunkah
    dunkah Posts: 9
    Options
    You look great in all 3 pictures, the 2nd maybe bordering on too skinny because of how tall you are.

If you are still not happy with how you look maybe look into some strength training, muscle definition would make a big difference for you. I don't think that worrying about losing weight will!

Just my 2 cents.
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    I actually think ya look pretty cute in the first pic too ;) Waaaay too thin in second pic..
    [/quote

^^^^^^ this for Sure! :
  • abrewer563
    abrewer563 Posts: 122
    Options
    I think whatever makes YOU happy is what you should do. Do not listen to other people or your boyfriend. Everyone is beautiful in their own way, some people may say you're too skinny but if you're healthy and comfortable in your skin that is all the matters. You should never lose weight for anyone but yourself.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Do whatever makes you feel comfortable and confident.
  • virginia65us
    virginia65us Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You have to be comfortable withyourself, but honestly, you were at a very healthy -- even slim -- weight in the first place. You look better in the third and first pictures than in the second one. You're young and pretty. Focus on enjoying your life and being healthy (that includes food!) rather than trying to achieve a possibly unhealthy goal just to please someone else,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!