I want honest opinions?

Options

Replies

• leafstucker16
    leafstucker16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That guys crazy if he told you to lose weight the way you were in the first picture, you look gorgeous. Don't let anyone's negativity push you to do something, if your comfortable then just be you.
  • mol3718
    mol3718 Posts: 16
    Options
    Honestly the first picture is my favorite. I don't think you need to loose any weight at all. Please don't listen to your boyfriend. He needs to care about you at every size. Not to mention he was wrong in the first place.
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    i think you should feel comfortable in your own skin. i agree you looked much too thin in the middle picture. if your boyfriend was telling you to drop some weight my opinion is you should drop HIM. I'd bet you'd feel much lighter after that! you looked young and beautiful in the first picture.

Absolutely agree! Any dude that tells you to lose weight is an *kitten*. RUN, sweety! This man will always be telling you what to do, what not do to, and it will never be good enough. He's a very scary type. It's a control thing, first he'll tear down your self confidence, then your self-worth, then he'll make you believe that no one will ever love you the way he does and if you leave him then you'll be alone forever. blah blah blah... just RUN.

Second of you do look better in the third picture. Nothing wrong with a little curve on a lady. ;-)
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend is an *kitten*. Tell him to someplace and never return. You looked great at 140-145. You look horrible in the second picture. The third picture is okay. You need to be happy with YOU.
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just looked back at the pics, the first pic when you were "heavy" is the best, healthiest.

Toning will help. You won't even need much. Add muscle, maybe take a class in something that requires you to be a bad *kitten* like kickboxing. Gain some muscle, gain some self confidence and you'll see thru the bf that he's just an insecure little boy who feels he has to control his woman and you'll have the confidence to leave him knowing you deserve someone who will treat you way better.

And it's ok to be single too. ;-)
  • Muslimah1218
    Muslimah1218 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Honestly....the middle pic is the LEAST FLATTERING photo of you. Waay to skinny! You look much prettier in the other photos.
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I think you look good now :)
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i think the middle pic was too thin for your height and u look a lot healthier in the other pics
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, I'm glad you are asking the opinion of MFP, cause people here care about your health, and it seems you are getting a reality check that you have lost track of.

You mentioned that at your thinnest, you liked feeling "smaller than everyone." Really think about where this comes from, your desire to be small. At your thinnest you liked being tiny, but how were you feeling in the world?

Has your body ever felt joyous, energized and healthy? More than just an object to be looked at and judged? Find ways to feel strong and powerful. I agree that strength training could help you. Also therapy. This is NOT just about your body.
  • janiceliusonyoung
    Options
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I think you looked really pretty in your first pic the 2nd one you were too thin!
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight loss I was 5'8" and 140-145 lbs. Here's a picture, sorry its not very good, but I didn't think about taking before and after pics.
    082bab34.jpg

After around 3 months of working out, dieting, etc I weighed 120 lbs, here's a picture.
    75df170d.png

And now after 2 months of struggling and lacking motivation I've put on weight. About 7-10 lbs. My weight fluctuates between 125-130 now. Heres a pic
    4662590a.jpg

I really want to get back to the middle pic, but I want to know what other people honestly think? Because when I started it was because I felt big and my boyfriend told me I needed to lose weight. Then by the time I got to my low weight everybody told me I was too thin now and needed to gain weight. Because of that I started getting stressed and eating too much and it put me right back to unhappiness. What are your opinions?

Oh my dear, in my honest opinion you look much too thin in the second picture. You would be ok to put on a couple pounds. Seriously.
  • hkestner
    hkestner Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think you look AMAZING in your current pic :-)
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You look prettier and healthier now or at your original weight than in the middle picture. At the end of the day, the only person you need to please is you, but yes, too thin in the middle.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You look far better at the upper end of your weight range to me. Okay, so I agree with the other poster who said if your BF was telling you to drop a few pounds at your previous weight you might want to consider dropping his weight from your life and find a way to be happy with yourself before you get into a relationship that you will regret for the rest of your life. Kick him to the curb and enjoy who you are!!
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    If you look like that middle pic, I would definitely say you have an eating disorder! And don't ever let some guy get you to that point.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    You look great in all 3 pictures, the 2nd maybe bordering on too skinny because of how tall you are.

If you are still not happy with how you look maybe look into some strength training, muscle definition would make a big difference for you. I don't think that worrying about losing weight will!

Just my 2 cents.

I agree. I don't think the 2nd pic is TOO skinny, but definately borderline. I think you need to tone. What do I know though.
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    In my honest opinion, the first pic of you is my favourite. You look healthy and its a fine weight for your height. I think you look a bit too thin in the middle pic.

Preach.
  • ezebra82
    ezebra82 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    last pic definitely!
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT < YOU DID A GREAT JOB!!!

Basil
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!