I want honest opinions?

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You look good in all of these pictures. The second one does look you could be a little too thin, though.

Seriously, dump your boyfriend. No joke. You're adorable, and he's a jerk.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Dump the loser and stay where you are. You don't look very good in the middle picture if you want my honest opinion.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Kick your loser boyfriend to the curb! You looked very good in the first pic, too skinny/unhealthy in the second pic, and pretty damn good in the third pic.

I know it's hard to ignore opinions of other people. What matters is how you feel, not what everyone thinks. Even if you go back to how you look in the second picture, you will never be able to maintain that weight for very long. It is far too restrictive.

And I'll say it again -- get rid of that piece of crap boyfriend. He's no good for your self-esteem.
  • sensored44
    sensored44 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Honest opinion might not be something you want to hear. My honest opinion is that you were close to perfect when you decided that you need to lose weight.

Where YOU were... is where I want to BE.

Any more beyond that, and people will regard you as being too underweight (though this doesn't seem to carry as much anethma as being too overweight though can be just as unhealthy)

You may to do what all of us should learn to do. Be happy with who you ARE, not who someone else tells you that you should be.

Good Luck
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    3rd pic is amazing, 2nd looks too thin. good luck and if you need to lose anything, it's the judgemental boyfriend ;)

i 100% agree :)
  • cyndymar
    cyndymar Posts: 73
    Options
    You looked great before and your journey was due to a boyfriend all the wrong reasons . Its just not about losing weight its about a healthier lifestyle , finding balance and in your words being happy . Be happy for your accomplishments and if u fall off the bandwagon get right back on and push forward . Find where u are at your healthiest ask the doc if you are at the correct weight and depending on what the doc says stick with it FIND balance be happy for you and do it for yourself . : )
  • brilaa
    brilaa Posts: 22
    Options
    thanks for all the feedback. it's just been so long that i've felt comfortable in my own skin that it's hard for me to see myself clearly so it helps to know what others think.

IN MY HONEST OPIONION I THINK YOU NEED TO GET BACK TO YOU.. LOVING YOU AND APPRECIATING HOW BEAUTIFUL YOU ARE.. hONEY YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND MY FAVORITE PIC OF YOU WAS THE FIRST ONE AND THE THIRD ONE DIDNT LOOK BAD EITHER DO WHATS COMFORTABLE FOR YOU AND WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY ALL HELLS WITH ANYTHING ELSE AND LEAVE BEHIND ANYONE THATS MAKING YOU FEEL LESS THAN WHAT YOU ARE! AMAZING!!! YOUR BOYFRIEND HAS AN ISSUE. YOU PROBALY DONT WANT TO HEAR THIS EITHER BUT A PERSON NOT JUST A WOMAN SHOULD NOT BE ASKING WHAT WE THINK ITS YOUR LIFE HONEY AS LONG AS YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE BUCK ANYTHING AND EVERYONE ELSE.... MY MOTTO... YOU DONT HOLD ME AT NIGHT AND YOU DONT PAY MY BILLS SOOO YOUR OPINION DOESNT MATTER IT MAY SOUND HARSH BUT THIS WORLD IS HARSH AND SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOME BARK!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU YOUR IN MY PRAYERS
  • Magnamus
    Magnamus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think you look hot in all three!
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    First looks good.

Middle pic too skinny

Last would be good with better composition (same size/weight but more muscle less fat)

Don't look bad at all though.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    the more you try to make everyone else happy. the more unhappy you'll make yourself. Do what you Know is right for You. Everyone else can take a flying leap through a rolling doughnut hole.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone else. I think you look BEAUTIFUL in all three pictures, but my favorite is the first one. :) Plus, I also agree that the second seems a bit too thin. I'd suggest maintaining where you are now though. :)
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I hope you have a new boyfriend by now.

I think you looked great in the first one, and I find the second the least flattering of all. If you add lifting you would definetly see some definition because you are very very low on body fat.

Good luck to you and your journey.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Truthfully I think that the third picture is the best; you look really healthy and slim in it. I feel that you look bordering on anorexic in the middle one and desperately thin. If the third picture is the most recent, then congratulations, you really do look lovely! Believe it! x
  • purplejoecool
    Options
    I am 5'6" and used to weigh 120 which was too thin for me I think. Nevermind that you are 5'8". You should be 130 at the smallest I think. 140 is fabulous for how tall you are.

ps Your boy friend is a *kitten*. No guys should EVER tell you to lose weight. Dump him.
  • MamaAlly2011
    Options
    Such dramatic changes. Yes great job on keeping up the weight loss, but i am glad you gained 10 more lbs. You look great. Personally the bones in the second picture make me worry.

http://www.healthyyounaturally.com/services/age_height_weight_chart.htm

Just look 120 is low for your height. Keep your body healthy as long as you do that and get the right nutrient you should be perfect!

Remember You are the one who decides how you feel in your own body. No one else should tell you different, unless they worry for your health.
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    favroite is #1.
    You are 19 years old and should look like a woman - or growing into one, not a shapeless little boy (#2). I am the kind of person who likes to tell the different between girls and guys... but that's not law. If you like the other look... more power to you. Stick with #2..swimsuit fits you better and it doesn't look like you will break bones just giving someone a high five.
    Your boyfriend is a jerk - he should be happy to have a beautiful girlfriend.
  • mangoos
    mangoos Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You do look like anorexic in the middle pic....The 1st pic is the best. Good luck!!
  • greyhoundbloke
    Options
    I think that if I was your parent, I'd be worried by the middle picture. You look very thin. You look great in the other two.

And if your boyfriend is telling you to lose weight, then lose 160lbs of unattractive, useless fat by dumping him.
  • abstrakt_star
    abstrakt_star Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think the first one is very pretty. You look great in the last one too. The middle is too skinny. You need to tell your bf to go F**k himself.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I think you look good in both the first and last pics. The middle pic is a bit too thin and gaunt, in my opinion :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!