I want honest opinions?

Options

Replies

• clbowman11
    clbowman11 Posts: 117
    Options
    i think you should feel comfortable in your own skin. i agree you looked much too thin in the middle picture. if your boyfriend was telling you to drop some weight my opinion is you should drop HIM. I'd bet you'd feel much lighter after that! you looked young and beautiful in the first picture.

I love this. And I agree you should drop him if that's how he feels. How do you feel without any opinions from others. I think you look just fine in the top and the bottom pictures. But, I do believe the middle is a tad thin.
  • sandyyy712
    Options
    A lot of you are suggesting that I start strength training...the thing is that I already do incorporate that into my workouts. Maybe I'm not doing enough or doing it right though. So what exercises should I start doing to work on body composition?
  • UZBGIRL
    UZBGIRL Posts: 35
    Options
    You are young and so beautiful! I like your first picture. Your picture ( the middle one) you look soooooo skinny and not healthy. Hair, eyes, curves make a girl attractive. Like Russians say " A man is not a dog does not like bones".
  • IngaRobertsdottir
    IngaRobertsdottir Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should take up weightlifting and boxing so you can kick his a** next time he is rude to you!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Here's my two word rant:

HEAVY LIFTING!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Gaunt! Dump the boyfriend...there are better guys out there!

And yes...weight lifting to get some definition and strength!
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You need a new boyfriend. 140-145 is a healthy weight for you.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I think you look emaciated in the second pic. As women, we tend to think we look good when we're underweight, but in all actuality we do not! Men, for the most part, do not like women who look like Holocaust victims. The last pic you posted is simply gorgeous! You have curves in all the right places and you look beautiful and healthy! To me, that looks the best out of all the pics. But, like you I stay around 130 lbs and I am never satisfied. So, I think you should weigh whatever you want to and whatever weight makes you feel good about yourself!
  • skinnierjeans
    skinnierjeans Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you want to change, you should do it. It's your body and the decision is up to you. Personally, I think you'd be fine with just trying to tone up.
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    The only time a man should tell you to lose weight is when he is truly concerned about your well being... Not because he does't like the way you look.. I agree with the others on here drop him and embrace yourself. This is not about how we think you look. This should be about how you think you look and how you feel. Other peoples opinions don't count! Yours does! What picture of you is your favorite? In which one did you feel the happiest or the healthiest? Take care of yourself. Good luck :happy:
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Stop listening to people or you will be doing this your whole life!! Pick HEALTHY weight for your height ( which looked like the first picture) and stay there. Never let people influence you into doing things. Especially some dumb boy.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like how you looked in your first picture. I don't think that you should lose weight for anyone. If he is the one telling you that you should lose weight then you should kick him to the curb.
  • daking639
    daking639 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the feedback. it's just been so long that i've felt comfortable in my own skin that it's hard for me to see myself clearly so it helps to know what others think.

If you were my daughter I would get a hold of your boyfriend and smack him upside his head. 5'8" and 145 seems perfect to me.
  • KLovesTy
    KLovesTy Posts: 37
    Options
    since you started your journey because of someone else I would say you need to find what YOU like dear. please don't listen to anyone else again. those are poisonous people.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think there isn't that big of a difference; you're only fluctuating 5-10 pounds. I think that 120 might be too small for you, but if your doctor says that's an acceptable weight for you and that's the weight that makes you happy, then by all means aim for it. Personally, I think you look fine.
  • Tickateeboo
    Tickateeboo Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy,

You look lovely in ALL the pics. In the middle one I can see you have the potential to build some muscle and get some cool abs.

Your BF is VERY cheeky to suggest to a women that she lose weight. It's a very sensitive subject for most people, and I suspect he knows this, which is a little cruel, especially as you clearly have a great figure both 'before' and 'after'. Maybe he's responding to your own worries about it.

If it were me, I would focus on being healthy rather than always chasing that 'ideal weight' that people seem to think you should be.

Hope your BF stoops being an pain - if he is, then think of something about him that really annoys you and then respond with an equal 'suggestion' on that if he ever broaches the subject again. :laugh:
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    Nothing against you but your boyfriend probably has a LITTLE PECKER

Edit:

Afterthought ... Can you wear high heels around him
    ....or Is he already shorter than you
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    You were the weight at the first picture and your boyfriend told you to lose weight? In all honesty, I'm worried about how healthy that kind of relationship can be. The second one is much too thin! If I were your friends and family and I had watched you shrink to that weight, I would have been worried! I think you look great with the extra 7 pounds, and I think you need to tell your boyfriend to shove off.
  • Kit_Kat1213
    Options
    Your first pic, hands down, you look the healthiest and prettiest.

Don't play around with dieting if you don't have to. It can really do a number on your system.

You will look back on these photos one day and think... Wow, I had such a glow, and youth (in the first photo especially).

Take care of YOU first (physically and mentally) and don't worry about your health for anyone but yourself ;)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I don't like the middle pic, sorry. It looks too slender for my taste. The first pic is fine.

Edit...your boyfriend seems like an *kitten*. Are you sure you want to be around him? People in your inner circle are supposed to be supportive and helpful, not critical of you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!