A long 300lb+ hill to climb...

Options

Replies

• mkzak
    mkzak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Josh, You are inspiring me! It is so hard to take that first step because it means that we acknowledge our weakness. You have done that and are continuing to take steps moving toward your goal of a healthier weight! I am cheering you on, Josh! Maria
  • jasonrochon
    Options
    I use this:

Biggest Loser Configuration

45% - Carbohydrates
    30% - Protein
    25% - Fat
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Yes a long hill to climb. Aah but Josh. The view from the top!
  • Zoot_suits
    Zoot_suits Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome work thus far!!! Just keep at it, and it will happen, you will climb your mountain and become a stronger person because of it :)
  • joshua3179
    joshua3179 Posts: 2,882 Member
    Options
    You guys are great it's pretty awesome the outpouring of help and support already! Thank all of you for your comments they are appreciated!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Hey Josh! You can do this. Set mini goals instead of looking at the overall pounds you have to lose. It'll change your outlook.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    wow josh!!! glad you are here. you can do it! people will be here to support you along the way. you rock!!!!!!
  • icrant
    icrant Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats Josh!! You can do it man!
  • Cla1reN
    Cla1reN Posts: 5
    Options
    First step taken, it is a long road, but you can do it :) I have over 100lbs to lose, but my trouble is been wheelchair bound and pretty much out of action for excercise, which make it a bit more challenging But you taken the first few steps in right direction and would be happy to follow you on your journey

Take care and keep the good work so far :smile:
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. I'll tell you it is not always an easy journey, especially if the people around you continue to eat what they want. With that said you can do it. Take it one day at a time. Set small goals like many others have suggested. If you eat something you probably shouldn't have eaten then get right back at it next meal. Believe me there were times I made a bad food choice but I kept on going. You can and will succeed.
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to you Joshua.
  • dinoskycm
    dinoskycm Posts: 267
    Options
    Hey Josh!

Your story is awesome!! Im 308 right now, and I just started on this website like yesterday! Lets do it together!! I would love to keep in touch with you and support you along the way!! Add me if you want a buddy!! :)

Candice
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Such an amazing story! I am adding you because I definitely want to follow your journey and I hope to be one of your cheerleaders. Keep it up!
  • greekstress27
    greekstress27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome Josh! I know how overwhelming this can be, but you have taken the first step to a new and improved you. Welcome and thanks for sharing!
  • berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I think you are amazing :). It's a hard road to start down, but once you get going the road only gets shorter. Keep up the good work and stay positive! Sent you a friend request, I tend to be pretty supportive because I know it can be hard :).
  • viad25720
    viad25720 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Anything really worth something takes time and is worth the payoff is what I tell myself. I have about 40% of my weight to lose to I can relate good luck
  • meg3456
    meg3456 Posts: 10
    Options
    Your doing great keep up the hard work.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Being willing to open up and share is half the battle. You're on the right track. I know it's not going to be easy (i've been battling this journey for awhile.) I do know how much better I feel even with the little bit I've lost. Like so many others, you just need to take it one day at a time. One meal at a time. I'm also looking at the 10 lb increments. I would like to lose around 150, but the number is so daunting and seems like it will take forever. Try to log on as much as possible. We're here to support each other and change our eating lifestyle for good. Hang in there!!!!!
  • jessababy22
    Options
    hang in there! being so open and ready is a great step in the right direction! you've already lost so much!!!! i have my own chunk to lose and i'm trying only to approach it in 10 pound intervals so i'm not bogged down by the whole number. so hang in there, keep your head held high and know that every day is a step towards progress!
  • dq_diva
    dq_diva Posts: 66
    Options
    Josh, thanks so much for sharing your story. Just 'being aware' is a great first step....AND you've already lost 32 lbs!! (Try carrying a small child all day.....that's what you were carrying before you started losing, to put it in perspective.)
    I'm inspired by you and hope you continue to report your progress. Sending a friend request now :)