Poll: Do you have Stretch marks?

Options
124»

Replies

• danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh my yes, I have stretch marks. I got them with my first pregnancy. I was seventeen and very tiny and gained 50 pounds. So I have a lot of them.
  • luckycharm13
    Options
    Honestly, I have them and I used to be so embarrassed and horrified by them. But then I looked around me and saw that a lot of people had them. Even if they weren't considered "heavy".
    So then I realized that they are just a part of life and over time they will fade so much that they won't be noticeable.

I think they are ugly on me but that's because i'm self-conscious about them.
    When I see them on other people I honestly don't think anything of it. I definitely don't think they are ugly on other people.
    I also know that they are probably just as self-conscious as me about theirs.

The only people who will judge you based on a couple of measly stretch marks are the people who don't matter. The people who are so unhappy with themselves that they have to pick out flaws in other people and hold it against them.

There is nothing wrong with stretch marks, they're just another part of life.
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    yes i do, my tiger stripes :)
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    my B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l husband has them. He's 6'6" and grew so fast that he got them in his late teens early 20's. He's not overweight and has a sexy body. I like them, because he has more then me! :wink:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Almost everyone has them. They aren't a big deal.
  • abbeyroad69
    abbeyroad69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've had them since I hit puberty aged 11 or 12 and I hate them so much. I used to rub stretch mark cream into them but it did absolutely nothing (and I tried it for aaages).
  • kiwilan
    kiwilan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sure do! Down my thighs to my knees, all over my hips and recently got one just lower than my belly button. They are still purpley/red but oh well I'll deal with it haha.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately most stretch marks don't go away. They will fade, but will likely be there for good. Red is new, white is old. I think you just need to accept them as a part of your body. Most often no one notices them but you. Try not to stress! And definitely do NOT compare to celebrities! They air brush that and anything else they want to. They are more common than you might think! You are NOT alone! :)
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Uh...yes
  • CanadianThunder
    Options
    I've got them on my inner thighs, below my butt, the side of my butt, and a couple on my hips. They're from growing and I've come to not really care about them any more. They're there and there's nothing I can do about it.
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am one big stretch mark.
  • harryd179
    Options
    just my inner thighs, but they are really obvious ugh
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have them all over the place. I was obese from age 8 to 28.
  • Morningstar93
    Options
    I can't remember not having them since maybe 11yrs old.. Inner thighs are my demons because it makes the skin sag (find it hard to lose weight at the tops of my inner thighs) then let me see..
    -outer and inner, back of thighs,front of thighs from my hip bones down.
    -hips
    -calves (getting closer to my ankles)
    -back of knees
    -bum
    - 2 on the left of my stomach (new ones)
    - the entire "love handle area" (I don't have massive handles)
    - back of arms
    -side of breasts (faded)

Never had a woman's body without some .. guess you can't lose what you never had but it is depressing and I am only 18.. never been really really overweight.. my heaviest was 80kg (176lbs) and I am only 5"2 (not like I grew lots) :frown: :cry:
  • laurenw1992
    Options
    Most people have stretchmarks. I got mine from a growth spurt in my early teens. If you don't have them you've obviously never had a dramatic body change. I don't think they're unattractive, it's just a perception we all have. Someone else on here said ignore them and you find they aren't as prominent, which is good advice!
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I've had them on my inner thighs and hips since puberty. One of the only upsides to being as pale as I am is that they are almost invisible to a casual observer.

My brother has always been rail thin, but he has a back full of stretch marks from growing tall too fast during puberty.
  • argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have them on my thighs from rapid growth during adolescence. I also get them occasionally (like a single one or two) on my chest during "that time of month". It takes about 6 months for mine to go from red-purple to white. But you know, it's just skin! And once they're white, they are barely noticeable.
  • AmandaKay26
    Options
    I have stretch marks, some from growing, and some from gaining weight. I see it as a reminder that I have worked my *kitten* off to get where I am now. And I am def not ashamed.

I saw this quote yesterday on fb, I feel its appropriate. lol
    "Your body is not ruined. You are a tiger who has earned her/his stripes."