ghosts

Options

Replies

• mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    My father died suddenly right around my 14th birthday. I believe that if there were such a thing as ghosts, he would have contacted me somehow....IMO
  • xxpinkcandyxx
    xxpinkcandyxx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I lived in a really old cottage when i was younger. not long after moving in i woke up and there was a man stood at the side of my bed looking at me. He was wearing really old style clothes. he had a hat on with a feather in it and i just remember him having white hair and a white beard and his clothes were blue. I remember feeling scared and thought i must be imagining it as i wasnt really a believer then. The next morning i woke up and just thought that was a weird dream. Then i never thought much more of it after that. It wasnt until about 3 years later i was sat talking to my mum (the room was hers before i went in there, now i know why lol) we were chatting about ghosts and she happened to mention that the house we used to live in was haunted. So i was like what do you mean??:huh: She went on to describe a man that used to be stood at the bottom of her bed when she used to wake up and that he was wearing old fashioned clothes with a hat that had a feather. thing is.....i never told anyone about the guy i seen as i thought i was dreaming!!so my thoughts changed after that!!!

I also used to work in a British army camp that was at one point a German one(this was in germany too). I used to hear a lot of different stories about ghosts but didnt pay much attention. But whenever i was on my own in a room clearing up at the end of the day i would see something out of the corner of my eye as if someone had just walked past and it happened a lot. And i would hear someone say something...look up and there was nobody there....could have been my imagination but was very strange.
  • erikapereira
    Options
    I believe in paranormal activity. When I was 16 I used to read the tarot cards. One night around 3 am I was reading the cards to my best friend. Suddenly one of my throws it pops out the devil, death and some other negative card. I put them back to the deck, I shuffled the cards and the next three cards were the same. I had my radio/cd on and suddenly it turns off out of nowhere. I said **** it since then I never read cards again specially at 3 am. While I used to read tarot I noticed a lot of unnatural stuff while I was sleeping (cold, someone sitting next to me or breathing behind my ear)

Now I prefer to avoid it. I think that if you start looking for something, you will find something. Now my boyfriend thinks there is something in our apartment and is hunting my 3 yr. old son. He sometimes wakes up around 3 am screaming and running to our bed horrified like something scared him. If I leave the bedroom he runs screaming behind me and you can tell on his face he is super scared of something. HE barely talks so he cannot explain what is wrong. But those reactions on him it had never happened before.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I am curious, for those like me, who have experienced it all their life. Do you ever feel that we really aren't suppose to talk about it.
    Sometimes, I just feel that it is wrong. I appreciate the gift I was given, but I dont feel that it is to be used as story telling to try to convince others. This could be just me. :huh:

I think it is to be shared, be it in story telling, or through demonstrations of mediumship. The world is changing, people are reaching out.

I appreciate your answer, I was afraid someone was going to make me feel bad. But, I have been feeling this way for years, but your answer really made me feel more comfortable with it. Thank you so much.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I fully believe. I've had experiences since I was a child. My mom and dad like to tell me about how, as a toddler, I would sit at one end of the hallway and talk to the 'people' at the other end. I also offered cookies to ouiji boards and played with the 'people' in my grandmas house.

Recent ones, however, would be at my friends house. It was dark outside and thunder was starting to roll in. We were sitting in her upstairs living room when her mother's french doors slammed shut. I chalked it up to the weather, her window possibly being open. I started to move towards the doors to check when both of them started shaking violently, as if someone was on the other side shaking the handles. Her bedroom door slammed shut (her windows are closed). We decided to go downstairs. We sat in her kitchen (you can see upstairs from the kitchen. It's all open) and her mother's doors opened, her bedroom door openend (I could see it form where I was sitting. BTW, she has the old style french door handles where you have to push down and push the door to get them to open), and we could hear someone running around and stomping upstairs. I was so terrified to look up. I've seen what's in her house and I did not want to witness that.

So we decide maybe it's time to leave. As we're getting our shoes on, her garage doors flies open and starts opening and closing, something is running around upstairs and starts to run downstairs. We shouted "Okay! We're leaving!" and got the hell out of there.

So many stories to choose from!
  • cmcrawf1
    Options
    I can't lie checking out haunted areas provide a thrill and excitement for me. I love to go and I am always looking for friends to come along. I have gone to a place called Blue Ghost tunnel (in St.Catharines Ontario) a fair bit and have had some experiences there. The first time I went I was unprepared for everything that would happen, so the second time I didn’t want that to happen. I brought a friend, camera, and flashlight and we began our trek into this 40 foot unlit tunnel. (Half of the tunnel is flooded and cannot be accessed from the other end) We walked to the middle of the tunnel right where the water begins. We waited and could hear the sound of a heartbeat, it’s steady and always there so we are not sure what it is. Another group that came into the tunnel was now standing with us and we decided to start asking questions. I began, is anyone there? How many ghosts are in this tunnel? And so on, with our cameras rolling hoping to catch something. We didn’t hear a word, not even a whisper, finally I asked if someone is here make a banging noise. It was at the moment we heard 3 loud distinctive knocks coming from the flooded end of the tunnel. Yes we then ran! We stopped and laughed at our fear and decided to ask more questions which went unanswered. When I got home to review the tapes. You could hear the knocking and one more thing… the second round of questions in between when we were waiting for an answer I heard “walk away” or “wrong way”. It is my only experience so far and I hope to have more, but to me that was awesome!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    No such thing as ghosts, however it does seem to be a popular way to explain mundane psychoses and other inexplicable subjects like god.

I stopped writing to Santa Clause in the 60's. I stopped putting my lost teeth under my pillow. too.

If there were such things as ghosts, how come there is no definitive proof. "I had an eerie feeling..." or "saw something in my peripheral vision" or "my child was talking to someone that wasn't there" are not proof.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I believe in paranormal activity. When I was 16 I used to read the tarot cards. One night around 3 am I was reading the cards to my best friend. Suddenly one of my throws it pops out the devil, death and some other negative card. I put them back to the deck, I shuffled the cards and the next three cards were the same. I had my radio/cd on and suddenly it turns off out of nowhere. I said **** it since then I never read cards again specially at 3 am. While I used to read tarot I noticed a lot of unnatural stuff while I was sleeping (cold, someone sitting next to me or breathing behind my ear)

Now I prefer to avoid it.
    Huuuh? Death and the Devil aren't necessarily 'negative'; it depends on the reading and the query. The Devil (important note: the scary thing on this card isn't Satan) can signify being addicted or bound to something, and sometimes even encouraging play over work (especially for a person who may sorely need the fun). I'd also expect this one to come up when a person is facing temptation... like a hell of a lot of us on MFP. XD Death usually just means a transition or a sweeping out of the old and in with the new—a rebirth. Sure, Death can sometimes mean a human death, but most of the times it just shows us how we deal with various endings in our lives.

What kind of wacky Tarot cards were you reading? Did you buy them off some old creepy lady in the forest? :laugh:

Don't spread the old, tired stereotypes about Tarot. They're just a set of picture cards, in the end.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I am curious, for those like me, who have experienced it all their life. Do you ever feel that we really aren't suppose to talk about it.
    Sometimes, I just feel that it is wrong. I appreciate the gift I was given, but I dont feel that it is to be used as story telling to try to convince others. This could be just me. :huh:

I think it is to be shared, be it in story telling, or through demonstrations of mediumship. The world is changing, people are reaching out.

I appreciate your answer, I was afraid someone was going to make me feel bad. But, I have been feeling this way for years, but your answer really made me feel more comfortable with it. Thank you so much.

:smile: Fortunately I get to work with lovely people and share and experience great things. If people on MFP think I'm a little wacky, I really don't mind :laugh: If you're not comfortable then that's fine, I genuinely believe spirit will call you or draw you to where you need to be!
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people don't respect "that" stuff. Despite what it is, or what you believe, I think messing with it, without respect, is foolish. It is unknown and uncontrollable and shouldn't be approached without caution and a humble attitude. I've never had any "real" experiences just 2 small things like a slamming door and a weird message written in fog on a mirror. In 27 years that isn't much proof but I still believe based off what other people have told me. I don't think I'm open minded enough to even pick up on half the unexplained or paranormal things that go on around me. I'm OK with that. I think a legit experience would mess with my head too much. I'm a realist and if it isn't tangible it just baffles me. I like the idea of it, but I'm kind of glad I don't have much of a knack for experiencing things. "I see dead people..." not something I want to say, ever. LOL

On another note i kind of like the idea of ghosts being entities from other dimensions. That interests me a lot. As I am not that religious (I believe in SOMETHING just not sure any bibles of today have it "just right"...) So the thought that our energies just transfer into something our 3 dimension world can't see or understand, really seems like a fun idea to me.

Scientists today still can't fully explain the brain, or consciousness. THAT is really cool. So much at our fingertips, so much that we know about in today's world, and they can't explain how the brain really comprehends and they can't put on paper a legit answer for what consciousness is. They just know when you go into coma, or die, that your consciousness leaves. That always sticks out in my mind. I think perhaps what makes us "alive" or gives us a "soul" has something to do with our conscious and subconscious connections with the world. Our energies, and therefore consciousness (or soul) probably just transfer and shift, as our human bodies die. I believe SOMETHING happens when we die I don't think it's just lights out forever.
  • greenbox06
    greenbox06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This is a picture on guard duty in 2005. There were only 2 people on the tower when this was taken. If you look at the left hand side of the photo you can see what appears to be a mans face. The Iraqi's did say that the place we were staying in was used for many years as a prison and torture facility.

256710_1915376296934_7159814_o.jpg

You tell me what you think if it is real or not.

Edit: added the smaller pic
    24579036_7334.jpg
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I don't know but that is certainly strange
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I believe so. I used to work as a funeral director/embalmer. I had started apprenticing when I livedin Texas, and there was this one viewing room that no matter how many times we closed the door (it was a fairly large, heavy, stately looking wooden door) and heard it latch shut, we would find it open repeatedly, usually within a half an hour of shutting it. (and this, when there were no services, cleaning staff or anyone else that would open it).

Back in my hometown I worked at an FH, and we had a few creepy instances. There was this motion sensor that would voice indicate downstairs (since that's where our offices were) that "someone has opened the front door", or "someone has opened the side door" if in fact someone had openened either doors. There were MANY times when I was in the building alone, with all of the doors locked (and others had the same experiences) where the sensors would go off). We'd reset them and reposition them, and it would happen constantly.

Another time, we had candles re-light. We had large candles at the head and foot ends of the casket which we lit during services. I was maniacal/OCD about making sure they were blown out, to the point where I'd actually drip some water on the wick to make sure I heard the sizzle. I was training someone to work services, and after this one was finished we cleaned and I did the candles as usual, and left for the day. I was on call, and a couple of hours later, I had to go back in to fill out some paperwork. Well sure as *kitten* I walked back and there were two lit candles in the chapel. Easy to spot, since all the lights were off! Creepy.

And of course, there were always the usual "friends" that were in the back hallway. Our prep room was near the garage in the back of the building, and you'd always, always hear footsteps up and down that hallway. Even creepier? When you were prepping, hear footsteps, and then the faint electronic voice "someone has opened the front door".

Call it what you want, but it sure is interesting :-)
  • korva
    korva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do!
    When I was about 12 years old I saw a young girl (she might have been 6 or 7) walk ahead of me into my friend's house. When I asked my friend who else was at her house she said no one. I didn't believe her so I looked everywhere. No blonde girl to be found. I still remember that to this day!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Until I was 15 I lived in Illinois. It was a very rural area. At the back of the property was a pond (large pond/small lake) and behind that, a creek. The pond was natural and a great source of blue clay. Along the creek, we would occasionally find things left by Native Americans. The thing I remember most is a hammerstone. It was perfectly shaped to fit a smallish adult hand. Near it was a large flat rock of same stone. Both were very smooth, like they had been used for years. When I was a teenager I had a bedroom 3 stories up. On summer nights I would look out my window and sometimes see what looked like a fire back by the creek, near the flat rock. My brother went with me to look in the day but we could never find evidence of the fire.

The house my husband spent his teen years in had belonged to an old woman. She died on the side steps of the house. She'd walked down the stone stairs carrying a scythe and tripped and fell onto the scythe. A very sudden and violent death. Of course, no one told them before they bought the house. My husband and his mother often felt someone there. Cabinets and doors would open and close, objects would be moved. One night, my husband was sitting alone in the living room. Everyone else was asleep but he could feel someone there and they weren't happy. He asked whatever it was to show itself, give some sign. There was a motion-sensitive night light in the room that turned itself on and then off. He was not near the sensor and he hadn't moved. He realized that it was probably the original owner of the house. He explained what had happened and that she was dead and told her that it was time to move on. Neither he or his mom felt anything after that and the strange things stopped happening.

One evening my aunt was home with her firstborn son. He was still an infant. Suddenly one of her dogs started barking. She went from room to room like she was following someone, barking the whole time. Finally she stood in front of the rocking chair in the family room and barked at it. Eventually she quieted down but kept an eye on the chair. The next morning my aunt got a call that her grandmother had died the previous night at about the same time her dog started barking. She's convinced that her grandmother came to visit one last time.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My hometown is a city that makes a lot of money on people believing that every other building (at the VERY least) is haunted. It makes me feel bad for some of the tourists.

Edit: It also pays some bills, so I don't feel TOO bad for them.

I believe it can all be explained through natural forces- just because we can't do it yet is no reason to attribute phenomena to something supernatural.
  • korva
    korva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree Jenny! I always thought maybe we were getting a glimpse into a different dimension happening at the same time/place as ours. I know it sounds geeky but it makes sense!
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    Yes... seeing, hearing & feeling those energies- run in my family. Too many experiences to count.
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When I was 16 years old my best male friend killed himself. The night of his funeral his sister, cousin, my boyfriend and I were sitting around talking about him listening to a cd. In the middle of one of the songs, the cd player started playing Ants marching by the Dave Matthews band. That had been Matts favorite song. We checked to make sure that it was the cd doing it and not the radio but when we switched to radio it was just static. It was like he was there with us.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever think that these "ghosts" are demons trying to fool people into thinking there is a spot between heaven and hell?