WTF????

Options

Replies

• marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you thought a fast food item with bacon in the title would be "healthy"

QTn1N.gif

Blasphemer...

ROFL!!! Bacon IS pretty amazing. :laugh:

I love bacon... i told my husband it was the perfect food. Totally acceptable for breakfast, lunch and dinner (BLTs are my favorite sandwiches!). ;)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Arby's turkey bacon WRAP is AT LEAST 600 calories?????????? What the hell??? OMG. I am so freaking pissed. I guess NO WHERE has anything healthy. So what do you do? Decline all invites from family/friends when they wanna go out to eat?? What is wrong with all these fast food places?? And sit down restaurants are no better, probably are even worse. That's ridiculous. SCREW ARBY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you eat half it's only 300cals and 600 cals for a sandwich isn't all that much

Yep. I can barely make a turkey sandwich at home for under 450 calories, and that's without crunchy bacony goodness. :ohwell:
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    LOL! I know what you mean! Anytime Ihave to eat fast food, unfortunately, I always opt for a salad with limited dressing. And we wonder why so many folks are overweight??? Eating healthy is not only expensive, it's very time consuming. Hang in there! :smile:

A head of lettuce isn't all that expensive...

I've saved a ton of money by not eating out and cooking all my meals. Healthy doesn't have to be expensive.
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    maybe next time try the value menu - go grilled

and i presume that there was cheese / bacon on the sandwich...

lesson learned?
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The calorie count of a food has absolutely no bearing on whether it's "healthy" or not. Plenty of healthy foods are high calorie, and there are plenty of low or no calorie foods that aren't healthy. If you want to complain about it being higher calorie than you expected, that's one thing, but to rant about it not being healthy solely for being higher calorie is rather ignorant.

</end thread>
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    ...since when is Arby's healthy...or even considered FOOD for that matter? :laugh:
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    I use to work there, the food is pretty bad for you. A few of the sandwiches there are almost 1,000 calories! Before I go out to eat anywhere I check the nutritional information. Some of the things that I like at places are an entire days worth of food for me and I know I have to eat at least 3 times a day or I'll get sick!
  • melanielynn123
    Options
    I found out last night that Subway will make any sub into a salad. They have a grilled chicken and spinich that is super delicious! (:laugh: Dont add cheese or Ranch dressing, though)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I'd be more concerned about the salt and cholesterol, tbh. :)
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Want to be REALLY pissed off? That'll happen when you realize that the published nutritional info isn't even accurate a lot of the time. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/12/health/12calo.html

Recent example... I ordered the premium grilled chicken classic sandwich at McDonalds. Listed calories are 350 per their website. Let me tell you.... there was at least 300 cals in mayo on that stupid sandwich! Whoever was working the assembly line GLOBBED the stuff on there. I scraped 75% of it off.

Trust no one :-P
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Want to be REALLY pissed off? That'll happen when you realize that the published nutritional info isn't even accurate a lot of the time. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/12/health/12calo.html

Recent example... I ordered the premium grilled chicken classic sandwich at McDonalds. Listed calories are 350 per their website. Let me tell you.... there was at least 300 cals in mayo on that stupid sandwich! Whoever was working the assembly line GLOBBED the stuff on there. I scraped 75% of it off.

i always get it without mayo because of that. they just squirt it on. they're not measuring. LOL surprisingly, it's not dry or bland that way. i like mayo myself, but i don't get it when we eat out because i'm not the one preparing the sandwich to know how much is going on it. :)
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to why you'd think this was a healthy option anyway. It's called a Roast Turkey Ranch & Bacon wrap, and it has cheese on it... I'm actually surprised that it has only 600 calories. I guess that's where the "at least" comes in.
  • keychick25
    keychick25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's a bummer, isn't it? A lot of times, a majority of the calories come from cheese and sauce. Maybe you could have it prepared without those. You CAN eat fast food, you just have to some research first. You can look at almost every chain's nutrition info online, and that can help you make an educated decision about what you can eat where. It would be really nice if every restaurant had to clearly post nutrition
    info for everyone to see, wouldn't it? Maybe some day...

I agree try to order it without the high calorie stuff. It helps. But most really healthy ppl dont eat out that much.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

i always get it without mayo because of that. they just squirt it on. they're not measuring. LOL surprisingly, it's not dry or bland that way. i like mayo myself, but i don't get it when we eat out because i'm not the one preparing the sandwich to know how much is going on it. :)

You are so right! I rarely eat Subway, but I did get a sammy the other day. I asked for "a little bit of light mayo", and the girl squirted that stuff back and forth over my sandwich about 7 times! :laugh: I think I literally stood there with my mouth hanging open for a second, but I'm not really one to complain, so I just scraped it off later. I was just thinking "WOW, thanks for making my 350 cal sandwich into a 700 cal sandwich!!" lol
  • careyannal
    careyannal Posts: 161
    Options
    You would have been better off getting their small roast beef & cheese sandwich. Somewhere around 400 cal I believe.

Try to look up stuff before you go, I find that my "logic" means nothing when it comes to estimating calorie content at restaurants!!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I went to Arbys a few months ago. I looked up Arbys on my phone app before I went. I got some kind of wrap, ( cant remember), but I ate half and gave the rest to my husband.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I rarely choose to spend my precious calories on fast food, but that certainly doesn't mean I will forgo social time or ever eating out, especially going to a nice restaurant for a special occasion.

Yesterday I had such an occasion at a lovely restaurant, Richardson's in Central Phoenix. I studied the menu on-line in the afternoon, so I already knew what I was going to order. It's kind of New Mexican cuisine. . . I was not going to order a salad with the dressing on the side. I had the pork tenderloin with red and green chili jelly. I came with vegetable and a house specialty: green chili potato, which looked sort of like a spicy mashed potato mixture squeezed onto a chili. I asked for a box to arrive with my meal. I took at least 2/3 of the meal and put it in the box, which I got out of sight. I spread the rest out on my plate and ate slowly while enjoying lots of iced tea. I did not feel deprived or hungry because I ate some fruit before I left for the meal. I finished eating at the same time as my dinner companions. Every bite was delicious.

And I have two meals of this wonderful food left.
  • haleydself
    Options
    I just had lunch at Arby's and did fine I think. I had the Jr. Roast Beef sandwich and a side salad for under 300 calories. You can eat out just don't eat as much. Salads can be a great choice and limited the dressing. I'm sure the bacon on it does not help the calorie count.

That sounds like it would taste better and be more satisying than what I had. You would think something like THAT would acually be less healthy. But it really isn't.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Applebees has several meals under 550 calories - Chili's has low cal meals - McDonalds has a great Southwest Salad for around 550 calories - :Popeyes has a great jambalaya for 220 calories - Panda Express has some low calorie options (choose vegies instead of rice or chow mein). Check websites before you leave - most of them have calorie counts for their food.
  • haleydself
    Options

YES. I always substitute for mustard. it's great on salads too :)