No More Excuses - Week Two

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Susan, we have one of the same challenges about not drinking Coke. Today is day #3 for me! Let's do this together!
  • sonshinemom
    Options
    Hi, I would really like to join up next Sunday, but will start tommorow morning! I am at 204.6 (gasp) and my goal weight is 120.

I find that my biggest challenge is eating a healthy lunch. Usually I just skip it and then am starving and eat the first thing I see. My family loves eating out, deserts, and so it will be a long struggle but I turn 30 next summer and want to be at my goal by then.

I am looking forward to the support and of being a part of the group! Sounds fun!

Kelly
  • 11kimberly11
    11kimberly11 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello I've been so busy i forgot to check in yesterday. I am currently 154lbs. my goal for noe is to get over this slump and see the scale moving again! Good Luck everyone!
  • Naokoheart
    Options
    I hope everyone has a good week! =]
  • willow12
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome & add -on !!!! I am way excited.. to start- TODAY!!

Amanda , what is challenge & for how long? I missed it!

~NO MORE EXCUSES~
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all! Well here is to a good day for us all.

After the week-end that our family endured I need to get back on the fitness thing. I intend to hit the treadmill every night. I have twirling tonight and that is always a good work out for me!! :happy:

We are in hopes to get some word on my dh's tests today. For all of our sake we just need to know then we can deal with whatever the results.

We didn't get nearly as much snow as they were calling for. I was actually looking forward to coming to work and shoveling!:noway: The sidewalks are clear!

Oh well, hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!

Ann
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Okay team, did you all see that adorable baby boy under Sonshinemom's name. That is my ADORABLE nephew. He gets his blue eyes from me. I am glad you are here, Kelly. It will be great doing this together!!

11Kimberly11, I will get you on the chart today because I need to make a change to it. Glad you are here.

Willow12, our challenge this week is 20 push-ups each day. Either regular, wall or knee kinds. That way everybody can do. Or you can mix them up. I can only do 2 regular before I hit my knees. I also do 20 wall ones in the shower, weird but it is peaceful there. :laugh: We will have a new challenge next week.

Ann, waiting on tests is extremely hard. We have waited on many tests concerning our youngest daughter. The first blood test to determine her diagnosis, blood tests to check med levels and lots of other things. I have learned whether you think you can or not you can deal with the results. It is not easy sometimes it is next to impossible, but it is doable. I will pray for your family today, I hope that is okay. I am not sure what tests are being done but your family is in my prayers.:flowerforyou:

Have a fanastic day team, I am home with a sick little girl, so I am hoping to get some exercise in. It is so hard when they are sick and non-verbal with no hand function for sign. I really have no idea what hurts and because of seizure meds and other meds it is really not advisable to give her too much over the counter stuff! :grumble:
  • andreaxmariexvnv
    Options
    I went out to eat with my boyfriend too, and did the same thing lol I didn't eat all of it and drank water as well. I am hitting the gym today after school lol
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Amanda, I hope your little girl feels better soon.

I just got back from a spinning class...that was painful after waking up with sore legs from soccer...it's nice to get my workout done in the early morning though.

Good luck for today everyone!

Kim
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Kim, I admire for completeing your workout early. I have yet to do mine. I have to exercise today because it 9:15 am and I only have 600 calories left for the day. That is what I get for eating my leftovers for breakfast! :tongue:

Does anybody have any fitness wants for Christmas, things you have been wanting to buy or try or purchase for yourselves?
  • sonshinemom
    Options
    Wow - Way to go for those of you who have exercised already! I find it hard to find the time to exercise during anytime of the day but ecspecially in the mornings. My goal is to walk around our house/ yard 5 times, three times a day. This I can do without taking the boys out and could do at night also. small goal - yes it is but one I feel I can actually do!

And I had a healthy breakfast!

Smiles!
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Evening all. I just got in from work and, so far, I'm doing well on my calories today. It's 6.15pm so I'm going to make dinner for the family now and then hit the treadmill. Welcome to all the new joiners and Amanda, so sorry to hear your little one's not feeling well. One of mine is still at work and the other is in a post-school slump in front of the TV!

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone. :happy:
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    i asked my husband to get me these new reebok running shoes that tone the whole backs of ur legs and butt as u walk, cant remember what there called.
    Kim, I admire for completeing your workout early. I have yet to do mine. I have to exercise today because it 9:15 am and I only have 600 calories left for the day. That is what I get for eating my leftovers for breakfast! :tongue:

Does anybody have any fitness wants for Christmas, things you have been wanting to buy or try or purchase for yourselves?
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    hey guys! Having a great day so far! I had a banana with natural peanut butter and a special k bar for breakfast, apple with walnuts for snack, and grilled chicken breast on a whole wheat wrap with low fat feta for lunch. Planned out of my meals for the rest of the day. I did a 60 minute pilates class this morning that kicked my butt! Im so sore from yesterdays leg work out! Love bein sore, u know its working! :smile:
    Hope everyone elses day is going well! I have my body attack class tonite (high impact aerobic/cardio class) for 60 min, then doing chest and back with weights. Might even throw in a lil 20 min aerobic workout after dinner, we will see!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Hey Whitney, glad you are having a good day.

Littlest one and the oldest came home sick too are both sleeping so I need to go get on that bike. I won't get a walk today because of sick kiddos. I almost used the excuse my contact tore and I hate to ride with my glasses. :grumble: Time to get off my butt!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    15 minutes on that dumb bike and then I ran up and down the stairs and also in the end jump up the stairs. I am sweating, sweating, sweating. Happy with that and if dh get home soon then I can maybe squeeze a walk in also.

Our team is now 22 members strong! Let's get busy!!!
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Well done Amanda - it's really hard to fit in exercise around sick children - I'm impressed! I'm a little sweating heap now so I'm off for a shower then dinner. Sorry - is this too much detail? Feels a bit like Twitter! :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Allison, I think being in a sweaty heap is a good thing, not to much detail for me. LOL You know I don't even know what Twitter is exactly! :ohwell:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Kelly, I think walking around your yard is a good goal and also if dh is home or oldest son perhaps walk up and down your driveway. Now that would be some work! :tongue:
  • Naokoheart
    Options
    I had a really good basketball session today,I am just going to do some homework and try and attempt my 20 pushups,I am going to start off with some knee pushups for beginners,I found a video on youtube to direct me!