Stupid things you used to tell yourself.....

Options
Squidgeypaws007
Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
.....about weight loss.

I was thinking yesterday about things I used to believe. I'll start: I thought that all skinny people were just walking around with their stomachs held in :laugh:

Replies

• skinnyskittles
    Options
    That celery tastes delicious.. I can't even look at it anymore
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    That celery tastes delicious.. I can't even look at it anymore

Awww, lol :D Gives your jaw a good workout too though ;)
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    "I'm supposed to be this size, my metabolism says so"

Not true :laugh:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    "I'm supposed to be this size, my metabolism says so"

Not true :laugh:

Lol, yeah I did that one too - this is my "pre-destined size"
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Oh, and of course the standard "I'm happy with the way I look, I'm obviously just curvy" no dear, no. Curvy is when you have defined rounded lines in places.....not lots of rolls ;)
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It's only a little bit it won't hurt ( talking about junk food) or I deserve to be treated, and also " oh who cares just eat it you are fat already anyway"

I too used to blame genetics, My mum was big and she is one of 9 children and all my aunties and uncles are all classed as obese. I thought it was just the way I was supposed to be.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    It's only a little bit it won't hurt ( talking about junk food) or I deserve to be treated, and also " oh who cares just eat it you are fat already anyway"

I too used to blame genetics, My mum was big and she is one of 9 children and all my aunties and uncles are all classed as obese. I thought it was just the way I was supposed to be.

Haha, that reminds me of Jaffa Cakes - advertised as 1g of fat per one (ofc I never looked at the calorie count) and thought, "hell yeah, only 1g of fat - I'll eat SHED LOADS" lol!!

Oh yeah, ofc, genetics :D
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    " I worked out today, a few slices of cheesecake or a huge bowl of icecream wont hurt" UGH... If I only knew then what I know now!! Undoing the damage of this ole body is so much harder than it should be!
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Oh, and of course the standard "I'm happy with the way I look, I'm obviously just curvy" no dear, no. Curvy is when you have defined rounded lines in places.....not lots of rolls ;)

Yes same here.

I would stand on the scales and say oh I've only put a pound on thats nothing but normal fluctuations...except it soon adds up when its a pound a week!!!! (slighty exaggeration maybe...)
  • greekstress27
    greekstress27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    "I work hard at work and home, so this is my treat!"--but meanwhile, my "reward" left me exhausted, emotional, and dependent!

Also, "I weigh so much that I'll burn this cheeseburger off just by living!"-- ha! I know that to be so untrue now.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    "Who cares what I look like? I have a husband who loves me."

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Now I have to work my *kitten* off because I "thought" I didn't care.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I deserve a treat, then that started happening everyday, multiple times a day :)
  • tabooski
    tabooski Posts: 89
    Options
    "It doesn't matter. someday I'll find a woman who isn't shallow"
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    "I just have naturally slow metabolism"...I said to myself as I played video games several hours a day after getting out of my office job.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie.

LOL!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    "I don't care anymore"
  • ladybird_
    ladybird_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    "It doesn't matter. someday I'll find a woman who isn't shallow"

:frown: aww... you will and you will look smokin' when you do

I used to tell myself I was not that fat
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    "I'm just big boned". I may have a larger frame than the women in my family but get real...I was fat!!!
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    my husband has a really small appetite - no he just eats reasonable portions.

a large pizza is a single serving plus garlic bread obviously

cut protein portions to lose weight

I can't control my weight

I don't like exercise