Stupid things you used to tell yourself.....

Options

Replies

• Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Love em, keep them coming guys :bigsmile: I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought a variety of slightly strange things about weight loss :laugh:

And even now when I speak to my parents about my weight it's "ah yes, but you're naturally densely boned" no, no I'm not - I'm fat! lol!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Also, "I weigh so much that I'll burn this cheeseburger off just by living!"-- ha! I know that to be so untrue now.

It's amazing the knowledge you uncover on this journey imo!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    "I just have naturally slow metabolism"...I said to myself as I played video games several hours a day after getting out of my office job.

Yeah, that was part of my problem too - as I'm often on my feet in my job I thought it gave me free license to eat whatever I liked - even if my evenings hobbies were just playing computer games! doh -.-
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Oh, and of course the standard "I'm happy with the way I look, I'm obviously just curvy" no dear, no. Curvy is when you have defined rounded lines in places.....not lots of rolls ;)

Yes same here.

I would stand on the scales and say oh I've only put a pound on thats nothing but normal fluctuations...except it soon adds up when its a pound a week!!!! (slighty exaggeration maybe...)

Yeah lol - I always blamed it on the carpet too "must be upsetting the scales" lol!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    " I worked out today, a few slices of cheesecake or a huge bowl of icecream wont hurt" UGH... If I only knew then what I know now!! Undoing the damage of this ole body is so much harder than it should be!

Ugh, ikr! It takes so much longer to get it back off than it does to put it on!! lol
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    "Life is to short to not enjoy the foods I love"! Moderation and accountability have been good for me!!!!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    I can't control my weight

I don't like exercise

Totally!!

I remember saying to my husband (when he said we should start exercising together, bless him, i think he meant "you should get off your *kitten* before you have a heart attack going up the stairs") "but I don't like to sweat" ROFL!
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    "tomorrow"
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    "If these Spanx didn't pull in my gut, then that's not fat. Fat is squishy. This is just the way my body is built."
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    That it is possible to do 15 minutes worth of exercise to work off a slice of cheesecake.
  • witchyme
    witchyme Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    most horrible things was: -- I cannot do this.
    -- I don't diserve this.
    -- i am not meant to be fully happy.
    -- Always settle for less than what i should have!
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    Once I start watching my diet and excersizing, I'll look like J-Lo.

Turned out my body had other plans for me when I lost the weight: I've may even have a bigger booty than J-Lo but now with the chest of Cameron Diaz... *sigh*...
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later...oh, I'll be adding too.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Love the avatar Bean :D

And totally, surely it only takes like, a minute of walking to walk off a tub of ben&jerrys?! :bigsmile:

Lol Lorina! Ugh, I remember buying those tummy pulling in pants - why did I put myself through that! lol!
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    That celery tastes delicious.. I can't even look at it anymore

^^^THIS!

I hate that $^%*!!!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Once I start watching my diet and excersizing, I'll look like J-Lo.

Turned out my body had other plans for me when I lost the weight: I've may even have a bigger booty than J-Lo but now with the chest of Cameron Diaz... *sigh*...

Awwwww, lol!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Lol Lorina! Ugh, I remember buying those tummy pulling in pants - why did I put myself through that! lol!

Yeah, it didn't do a thing to flatten my stomach, but it gave me four *kitten*-cheeks! :laugh:
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    "I'll lose the weight I put on during pregnancy after I've given birth".
    Yeah... doesn't happen, since it totally wasn't baby weight - just fat weight.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    "I'm getting older, I can get fat if I want to!"

I can't believe I used to say that crap. I look and feel soooo much better.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options

Yeah, it didn't do a thing to flatten my stomach, but it gave me four *kitten*-cheeks! :laugh:

:laugh: I've heard the four-butt look is in this year :laugh:

It's like with corsets that have to redistribute the fat....I'd end up with boobs up to my chin and hips that had a gravitational pull :blushing: