Stupid things you used to tell yourself.....

Options

Replies

• deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    before weight loss:

"I am not a sporty type - i read, I write, I paint - i do not sweat"
    "i hate sweating"
    "i don't want to exercise as itll mess up my hair"
    "i cant run because i have shin splints which are a problem"
    "my body isn't capable of running"
    "i don't want to exercise too much incase i bulk up"

during unhealthy weight loss days:
    "if i feel hungry because I've only eaten 600 calories all day, ill just exercise frantically until I feel sick.. then I wont feel like eating"
    "i will focus on losing this weight quickly and THEN sort out my metabolism after Ive gone down to such a low intake"
    "
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    "You only live once, so you may as well eat as many awesome foods as you can while you've got the chance."

Now my attitude is more like:

"You only live once, so DON'T SCREW IT UP BY DYING YOUNG"

Lol, love this one :bigsmile:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Thanks for replying all - keep em coming!! Very interesting! :D
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    "I'm not doing that exercise -- it hurts my love handles."

DAMN STRAIGHT, THAT'S WHAT THEY GET FOR BEING THERE!!!!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I'm never going to be thin or fit so why try?

Sweating is gross...

LOL

I am obviously not "thin" yet, but I feel like I'm pretty fit! :D and sweating is still gross to me and it messes up my hair, but if it means I'll have a rockin' body I'm willing to do it. haha!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I can eat whatever I want as long as I work out. Bahaha. So I'd eat 4000 calories a day and burn off 200. Look where it got me. (Yes, let me try to empty this ocean with a teaspoon!)
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    "oh your pants just shrunk in the wash"
    -- nope i was just getting fatter!

"being skinny just isn't in the cards for you. 99% of your family is overweight and you are destined for that too... can't change genetics"
    -- while i still know you can't change genetics i know if i work hard and eat right i CAN change my body and i am NOT destined to be fat my whole life!
  • tejasmh87
    tejasmh87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    "I'm fat to keep the *kitten* away who just want to sleep with anything breathing with two legs. They'll go after the 'barbies' and leave me alone- I should be grateful."
  • phoenix_59
    phoenix_59 Posts: 1,123
    Options
    it will grow back!
  • Slim_Donna
    Slim_Donna Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lose weight by not eating this cream cake (yes I really used to think that, lol)
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I must have put my pants through the dryer one too many times (true story!)
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    That my BMI was in the "obese" range because I was more muscular than the average woman. Like I was some sort of professional athlete or something! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    You're not fat, just big boned. Well there must have been a big bone in my *kitten* and stomach then. :laugh:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    "I'm fat to keep the *kitten* away who just want to sleep with anything breathing with two legs. They'll go after the 'barbies' and leave me alone- I should be grateful."

I used to think something similar as well. Turns out I attracted *kitten* when I was fat because they took advantage of my low self esteem. After I lost some weight and gained a bit of confidence, I met my current bf and it seems to be going really well. Funny how it works.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    "Well, I screwed up my diet by eating this chocolate bar, I'll eat whatever I want the rest of the week and start again on Monday." Right, because gaining more weight before I start losing again is so helpful.

"I'm just big boned" I am fairly big boned, but I would wear much smaller clothes if my big bones weren't encased in 200 pounds of fat!

"I have 2 kids, I don't have time to exercise" Like they can't occupy themselves for 30 minutes, I can't do it while they're napping/after they go to bed at night, or like I can't find something to do with them. Doesn't seem to be a problem for me anymore.

"My husband loves me as I am, so it doesn't matter if I hate myself." I was overweight when we started dating and gained about 130 pounds since, he's still attracted to me, but I have no sex drive because I have to see myself jiggle when we have sex. No. Thank. You.

"I'll never lose weight unless I do low-carb" More like, I'll never stick with this if I try to do low-carb.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    As a trainer for lots of years, I used to tell myself the BS that a lot of the Fitness Industry still follows today:

Eat multiple meals to keep metabolism burning
    Eat breakfast to "jumpstart" your metabolism
    Eat only clean food to lose weight
    Only do high reps/low weight for females
    Don't eat after 7pm
    You NEED cardio to lose weight
    ETC.

Now while some pertain "better" for some individuals (IE eating clean), most of the above is unfounded by actual peer reviewed scientific study.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    "Just one won't hurt"
  • hazel240
    hazel240 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I caved and got a pint of ice cream or package of cookies from the store and regretted it later... That it was better to just eat it all over the next couple days so I didn't "spread out" the bad calories. LOL! I never believed it was true, but wanted to get it out of the house sooner rather than later. Eventually I learned to buy smaller sizes of things, like the single serving ice creams or cookie packs - even though they cost more per serving - they cost me much less on my waistline!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Lol! It's amazing how many of these are common between people! The "my trousers shrunk in the wash" must have got me sooooo many times! Ofc, it was too far past me to realise I was simply getting fat!

And the big boned one! Whaaaaa, I've since found out I'm a small frame - all that excess was just fat!

"Eat multiple meals to keep metabolism burning
    Eat breakfast to "jumpstart" your metabolism
    Eat only clean food to lose weight
    Only do high reps/low weight for females
    Don't eat after 7pm
    You NEED cardio to lose weight "

Guilty of all of those too!!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Did anyone have the 'open a packet of something (usually cheesecake for me) and then think "Ah, well now it's opened I'll have to eat all of it so it doesn't go to waste"?? '