Sixers Heading Into The Holidays - Week 4

Options
12346»

Replies

• gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys!! :-D

Hope you all had a good weekend. I am going to try to get in a good workout- maybe a bike workout- And I'm going to count my cals today... Hoping for a weight loss on Tuesday!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I hope you fellow "Sixers" had a good week-end!! How was the walking DVD today Alison, good?? Keep at it and you will come to love the endorphin kick!!!! My day was a good one, I am under cals because I got in TWO workouts today! Best wishes and I will post on Tuesday!!
    Verda
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    The walking DVD was great today! Definitely felt some muscles that I didn't feel yesterday. I also discovered tonight that on the Exercise On Demand channel, there are a LOT more programs than I thought. Last time, I only saw a few 10-minute workouts, but tonight I realized that if I scroll over, there are probably 60 or so programs, ranging from a few minutes to about half an hour. They even have 3 days of the 30 Day Shred, lots of pilates and yoga, some dance -- I'm excited to work through some of them.

I'm really feeling like I can lose 4 more pounds in 2.5 weeks!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and is getting ready for a successful Thanksgiving -- whatever that means to you this year. For me, it's just making it a single day, instead of a week of overeating.

-Alison
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I heard a great saying lately, that I keep repeating to myself, so I thought I'd share it.

:heart: Don't eat until you're full. Eat until you're no longer hungry.:heart:

That really resonated with me. Maybe that will help you, too?
    I hope everyone had a great weekend.
    Susan
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    The walking DVD was great today! Definitely felt some muscles that I didn't feel yesterday. I also discovered tonight that on the Exercise On Demand channel, there are a LOT more programs than I thought. Last time, I only saw a few 10-minute workouts, but tonight I realized that if I scroll over, there are probably 60 or so programs, ranging from a few minutes to about half an hour. They even have 3 days of the 30 Day Shred, lots of pilates and yoga, some dance -- I'm excited to work through some of them.

I'm really feeling like I can lose 4 more pounds in 2.5 weeks!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and is getting ready for a successful Thanksgiving -- whatever that means to you this year. For me, it's just making it a single day, instead of a week of overeating.

-Alison
    Good job! I too think with this new you that you will lose that 4# in 2.5 weeks! Remember drink up!!!! LOL
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Ok - I'm down 1.8 lbs on the scale this morning with that TOM!! I hope it holds for tomorrow's weigh in! I haven't really worked out - but I've been doing a lot of pre-holiday cleaning and decluttering. Of course, I'm eating a lot better this week and drinking more water. My goal now is just to get back to my starting weight. :ohwell:

I hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I've had such a hard weekend eating wise. I'm not sure how to count yesterday between the covered dish meal at church and the pizza we ordered with the IL's since our table was burried cause we moved all the furniture to shampoo the rugs because we bought a new sofa! Insanity I know. Oops-mom hope you don't see this-it's a surprise...shh!

Today I met up a bunch of coworkers at a buffet and I think I did OK. Lots of kale, a big salad with italian dressing a bit of pie and 2 of cookie. Oh and the roll. Forgot to count the roll. But I had a good work out before I went-did 3.5 miles-36 min at 6.5 mph and then 2 more min at 7 mph plus a short warm up and cool down. So I feel pretty good.
  • rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Lauren- I'm sure you will figure out a way to get your fitness in. Whenever I don't have much time I use a jump rope at home for 10-15 mins. Do jumb and jacks and some squats. You can do those things early in the morning... however do what works best for you. And YOU know yourself better than anyone else does. Best of luck and keep up the positive thinking!

Susan- Thanks for the stats again. Loving it. It keeps me focused. Unless some cake starts to stare at me too hard I should make the list for next week. LOL. Hope your having a great week!

Alison- I love Edy's Slow Churn as well. Sometimes I do one cup and I know that's all that I can have instead of cookies and icecream which is my number one weakness in the winter. How did the walk away the pounds dvd go?

Amy- water is the easiest thing to do and the first thing we forget works the best. I love when I drink enough I feel like I did ONE thing right. Good luck

Kristin- Well at least you were eating for two when you gave into the cravings!!!

RmChan- Good question. I hear eating clean works wonders. Tiff does it sometimes and she gets good results. How has your fitness been this week?

B- Great job lady. I love the questions you ask yourself daily. I need to add that to my list of ways to stay motivated. Thanks for sharing

T- Clean eating is wonderful. Good job and keep up the great work. Glad your family is helping!

Maggie- Work stress is the worse and it always tries to destroy the day however at least you decided on fitness and not food. How is your daughters wedding planning going?

Emmie- How was your day? Anything good.. did you find a good recipe yet?

Amy lou- I hope you are taking time for yourself w/ all that studying.

Tiff- Im glad you got the MRI don't forget to let your body rest. Yoga will help you ease back into things.

Kel- How is the weather and what's going on this week on your end?

F.Y.I- Cathy is doing well. She has alot on her plate. Send her a message of encouragement. She says she will be back next challenge. We all miss her lots :flowerforyou:

As for me.. I joined another gym today. This one has fitness classes and I LOVE those. I mean just LOVE them. Luckily I found a gym I can do month to month without a long term contract too. So I just pay 25 a month. I'm soooooooo excited. So hopefully this with my personal training will keep me removing some pounds. However I was reminded today weight loss is more about nutrition. I need to be a better monitor of my eating. Well ladies.... off to do soooooooo many things I should have done on my two days off. I have to work Fri and Sat. TTYL

I wish us all the best. Lets take some time and find out what our goals truly are and make them visible to ourselves daily.

take care,

Tamm:wink:

Pretty good with the exercise..I ran a 5k on saturday finished in 35:43 I was proud of that! We've had a lot of things going on this weekend ..been eating out a lot ..haven't made the best choices in the world nor the worst . Hope it won't cost me too much! I've made better choices today
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Does week 5 really start tomorrow? :noway: I don't know when I weighed in last and I'm a little worried. :embarassed:
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    Emmie - Sounds like you're set up for a great weigh-in tomorrow! Seems like you're doing the right things food wise, and all of that cleaning is probably burning as many calories as exercise!

Meg - Before I went to grad school, and I was working in an office, I hated this time of year. I felt like every day was either some sort of party, lunch, or food fest. And the worst was when clients (it was a law office) would bring in delicious things from home or from local bakeries. Fortunately, Thanksgiving is this week, and then that's one less holiday to try to work with.

Rhonda - Congrats on your 5k! I can't wait to get down to a weight where I feel more comfortable jogging again. I've done a walking/jogging 5k, but never just jogging. I don't even know what my time was. And great job getting back on track with good choices today.

Lauryn - Week 5 does start tomorrow. Just weigh in tomorrow like taking off a band-aid. Do it quick and get it over with! Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. And if not, that's okay too. Just be proud you weighed.

Verda - Thanks for all of the encouragement! I did a different walking DVD tonight. Still Leslie Sansone, but a different version. The two mile felt great again. The funny thing is that I'm finding it easier to wake up in the morning after having a few days of working out. I think the in-home working out is going to work just fine until the weather is nice enough to take it back outside again. I also like that in my house, I can work out in a sports bra and workout pants. No matter how hot I could ever get at any gym, I'm sure I would never take my shirt off. Maybe someday.

Everyone else - Ready for weigh in?

I went pretty far over on sodium today. While I was working out, I was wishing I could earn sodium points instead of calories, since I really ate plenty today. I made an entire bag of frozen cauliflower into mashed cauliflower and ended up eating the whole thing for lunch. It wasn't a lot of calories, but 5 servings of cauliflower is pretty filling. And delicious. I love vegetables. I've never had a hard time eating healthy food. I've just had a problem not eating the unhealthy food - if I could, I'd live off of donuts and cupcakes. Everything in moderation though.

I'm sending good weight loss vibes to everyone for tomorrow morning!

-Alison
  • slightingscale
    Options
    I went pretty far over on sodium today. While I was working out, I was wishing I could earn sodium points instead of calories, since I really ate plenty today....
    -Alison
    Alison, You're too cute. Sodium points. :laugh:

My name is Susan, and I am a recovering potato-chip-aholic. Heck, it doesn't have to be a potato chip, any type of chip will do. I :heart: salt. But, I've been working out regularly (and perspiring every time), drinking lots of water, along with some added menopause night sweats :ohwell:, I don't salt my food much, and we never serve salt at the table. My last blood draw showed a low sodium count! Doc had to make a note to keep an eye on it. My blood pressure is now 106/60. So now I've been adding more salt back into my diet. Easy to deal with that challenge!
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Hey ladies... Sorry I was missing. I just read everyones posts since my last time on. I can't give personals but I am here from everyone who needs me as I will definitely need you ladies to stay focused.

Amy(PDX)- I'm glad you have a way to get the insurance your family needs and I'm sure you will still have time to have a baby. You will know when it is right. Just keep praying for the right answer. I'm sure your husband supports your decisions.

RmChan- Good job on the 5K. Congrats. It is a wondeful feeling. :)

Erin- McDonald's can be a pitfall however..... you did plan for it. Good job!

Well ladies.... I'm praying we all have some good results or hey any results will work. LOL. I know that if I have a gain it will definitely be bc I'm not drinking enough water AND it will keep me in line for thanksgiving.

Take care ladies,

Tamm:wink:
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Hi Tamm,
    See you tomorrow!
    I agree, any weigh-in is a good one, since it shows that I'm still working at it.
    Susan