Call me a B if your whistle/holler isn't flattering..

Options

Replies

• Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    When a guy does a whistle, it's cause he's feeling quite secure in that moment, and generally is around mates, and if that doesn't go well, there goes his ego, and what comes after that? Anger... the defense mechanism.

It's no different to any situation where you feel proud then are shot down~

(I wouldn't do this myself.. lol)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I guess rudeness is the thing that bugs me. Honking at people or shouting is rude. Plus imagine if people were making lewd remarks to their sister daughter etc they would have a fit.
    I can not believe that some one would do that with a child beside you..
    You've never been to Dallas, have you?

I've had men blatantly hit on me right in front of my son. Hell, they've done it in front of my husband. And no, it's not flattering. They're almost always old creeps with nothing better to do.

There's a thin line between flattery and obscenity.
  • joconnor09
    joconnor09 Posts: 124
    Options
    A lot (not all) men seem to think that they have every right to tell you what they think about how you look, and assume that because you went out in public you want to hear all about it. It's just plain rude, not to mention incredibly sexist. We aren't out there on display for them to whistle and cat-call. And the idea that they're insulted when we don't react well? Pure misogyny at work. You don't owe them anything- not your time, not your "appreciation," nothing. If they don't like it, maybe they should consider that it's that kind of behavior that makes women feel unsafe walking alone! And yet none of the men who do this seem to realize they're doing anything wrong. It doesn't matter if THEY like to whistle at women because they think we're attractive. What matters is how WE feel about it!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the whistle. It's when they start shouting obscenities (I'd pound that *kitten* so hard...etc) that I get pissed. Especially when my three year old is in tow.

LOL!! What city do you live in that the men are that bold? I have never heard of such a thing and if I should ever hear a man say that to me or any other woman for that matter I would probably quite literally pound their face so hard with my fist they wouldn't be able to talk for a while.... Wow!!
    LMAO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Really? You've never seen this?

Don't EVER walk the street of any NYC boro! Ever!! You'll be arrested for assault. They'll think you're some crazed looney punching every man you see on the street!
    I can almost guarantee what I said happens in EVERY major city. LA, NY, Dallas, Chicago, Boston, Philly, Miami, Houston...I'm sure the list goes on.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,036 Member
    Options
    The thing I don't like about the honks is that it usually scares the hell outta me. The whistles and hollars make me chuckle. The jerks that react like psychos because you didn't come talk to them when they called for you... OMG, I just want to punch them in the face!

Captain, I like your response. I sure hope the bird is your finale!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the whistle. It's when they start shouting obscenities (I'd pound that *kitten* so hard...etc) that I get pissed. Especially when my three year old is in tow.

LOL!! What city do you live in that the men are that bold? I have never heard of such a thing and if I should ever hear a man say that to me or any other woman for that matter I would probably quite literally pound their face so hard with my fist they wouldn't be able to talk for a while.... Wow!!
    LMAO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Really? You've never seen this?

Don't EVER walk the street of any NYC boro! Ever!! You'll be arrested for assault. They'll think you're some crazed looney punching every man you see on the street!
    I can almost guarantee what I said happens in EVERY major city. LA, NY, Dallas, Chicago, Boston, Philly, Miami, Houston...I'm sure the list goes on.

Without a doubt!
  • kjander1
    kjander1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Harassment-role-reversal-smack-dat.gif

THIS! HAHAHAHA!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    used to hate it, but now being 33 with two kids..

Whenever I get that reaction, I'm like "YAY! Still got it!"
  • adorability
    adorability Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a pretty girl problem to me....oh, it must be sooo hard to be attractive- I can't imagine what pain you must endure from men being sexually attracted to you, you poor thing :P

On a serious note though, they shouldn't have called you a ***** for not doing a Charlie's Angels hair flip and waving flirtatiously at them. They were just upset because you didn't boost their egos with a little kiss blown in their direction or something of the like and didn't want to admit to rejection. Shallow men are everywhere, and you deserve to be treated with respect.
  • melissapoza
    Options
    Yup, happens in Miami but I think to a certain extent. The men here are more whimps, they will honk, whistle, or blow you a kiss while they are driving by in their car and it's ALWAYS the men that would not have a chance in a million years because the good looking ones are full of themselves.....
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    "one day she was walking down the street, and I whistled at her and said 'hey sweetie! you got fries to go along with that shake?!' and that's how i met my wife of 30 years."
    -- No One

Hahahaha! Also never been said about what landed someone a job or got someone a promotion.
  • divinexheirocity
    Options
    The name calling is my issue! No facial expression of mine should warrant being name called by a grown man after not returning their gesture.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have never understood men cat calling at women, Has it ever worked out for them? Did they yell at an attractive women and she swooned and said "take me right here on the sidewalk!" ? I guess I am just a sensitive male type because I know women are way too smart to fall for a cat calling moron.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    What? Bitches don't like that?

^^^^^^^:huh:
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options

I can not stop watching!! Haha.

Yeah... Id be all "heeeeey"
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You should also call PG&E and report those guys. Tell them approx where they were working, PG&E has logs of who was where and they don't smile on their people acting rude and unprofessional
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm not young and hot anymore... so IF there was a whistle, I wouldn't assume it was for me... but if I looked around and was the only lady there... YEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWW !! :smooched:
    I'm with you!!!! PLEASE WHISTLE!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAA!!!!!!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

ROTFLMAO! #1 VIDEO
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    You should also call PG&E and report those guys. Tell them approx where they were working, PG&E has logs of who was where and they don't smile on their people acting rude and unprofessional

AGREED!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Just last week I got called the same thing. I was walking to the gym and some guy on the light rail platform (about 10 feet from me) started yelling, "HEY I GOTTA ASK YOU A QUESTION" while shaking his ciggarette at me. I ignored him and kept walking and he started screaming at me and telling me karma would get me. I didn't know him and if he had a question about how to get somewhere or the light rail, there were plenty of other people much closer to him. Usually the guys downtown trying to talk to me want to hit on my or hit me up for money.

My boyfriend says its my blonde hair and big butt, two things I can't help and don't feel the need to change. Well the butt is impossible to change, it just gets more toned from working out. First world problems, right? :P