Call me a B if your whistle/holler isn't flattering..

Options

Replies

• dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    I wish I could whistle.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a pretty girl problem to me....oh, it must be sooo hard to be attractive- I can't imagine what pain you must endure from men being sexually attracted to you, you poor thing :P

On a serious note though, they shouldn't have called you a ***** for not doing a Charlie's Angels hair flip and waving flirtatiously at them. They were just upset because you didn't boost their egos with a little kiss blown in their direction or something of the like and didn't want to admit to rejection. Shallow men are everywhere, and you deserve to be treated with respect.

If you can't be pretty, be petty? You should talk to someone about those feelings.

As for me, I walk at a public park. The men cat-calling me are prisoners on a detail. I don't consider it to be an outstanding compliment when men who don't see many women up close decide to make some noise.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    What? Bitches don't like that?

^^^^^^^:huh:

:indifferent:
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    A lot (not all) men seem to think that they have every right to tell you what they think about how you look, and assume that because you went out in public you want to hear all about it. It's just plain rude, not to mention incredibly sexist. We aren't out there on display for them to whistle and cat-call. And the idea that they're insulted when we don't react well? Pure misogyny at work. You don't owe them anything- not your time, not your "appreciation," nothing. If they don't like it, maybe they should consider that it's that kind of behavior that makes women feel unsafe walking alone! And yet none of the men who do this seem to realize they're doing anything wrong. It doesn't matter if THEY like to whistle at women because they think we're attractive. What matters is how WE feel about it!

Thank you for typing this out so I didn't have to.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    "one day she was walking down the street, and I whistled at her and said 'hey sweetie! you got fries to go along with that shake?!' and that's how i met my wife of 30 years."
    -- No One

So true. Love this.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I occasionally whistle at chicks, if they don't like it I just smirk, wink and go about my buisness.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Give that ***** some whistles. *****es love whistles.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Harassment-role-reversal-smack-dat.gif

Fckn hilarious.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options

That is the best video ever!
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I occasionally whistle at chicks, if they don't like it I just smirk, wink and go about my buisness.

Yes, the whistling isn't creepy enough. Throw in a smirk and wink! :noway:
  • _Calvin_
    _Calvin_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    my main reason for losing weight is being whistled at....dont hate

**whistles** When I saw those legs.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the whistle. It's when they start shouting obscenities (I'd pound that *kitten* so hard...etc) that I get pissed. Especially when my three year old is in tow.

LOL!! What city do you live in that the men are that bold? I have never heard of such a thing and if I should ever hear a man say that to me or any other woman for that matter I would probably quite literally pound their face so hard with my fist they wouldn't be able to talk for a while.... Wow!!
    LMAO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Really? You've never seen this?

Don't EVER walk the street of any NYC boro! Ever!! You'll be arrested for assault. They'll think you're some crazed looney punching every man you see on the street!
    I can almost guarantee what I said happens in EVERY major city. LA, NY, Dallas, Chicago, Boston, Philly, Miami, Houston...I'm sure the list goes on.

Agreed ! Yes, for Boston. And the little cities too! Nashua/Manchester, NH. Lowell/Haverhill, MA
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I just ignore and keep walking so I don't embarrass myself by looking if the whistle or holler wasn't at me lol
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I guess rudeness is the thing that bugs me. Honking at people or shouting is rude. Plus imagine if people were making lewd remarks to their sister daughter etc they would have a fit.
    I can not believe that some one would do that with a child beside you..
    You've never been to Dallas, have you?

I've had men blatantly hit on me right in front of my son. Hell, they've done it in front of my husband. And no, it's not flattering. They're almost always old creeps with nothing better to do.

There's a thin line between flattery and obscenity.

I'm going to Dallas in Sept......Should I work on my wolf whistles and lewd remarks?
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    you shot them down, they were embaressed, so they call you a *****. I wouldnt worry too much about trashy people like that any way :)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I usually just laugh. Honestly. I wouldn't "fall for it" persay...but nevertheless, it's always flattering, even if you "say you hate it"....
    deep down, you always feel pretty after because someone took the opportunity to notice you.
    So he's going about it the "wrong way" so what.....just take the compliment and keep walking.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I usually just laugh. Honestly. I wouldn't "fall for it" persay...but nevertheless, it's always flattering, even if you "say you hate it"....
    deep down, you always feel pretty after because someone took the opportunity to notice you.
    So he's going about it the "wrong way" so what.....just take the compliment and keep walking.

There are more than a few posts that dispute your notion that it's "always flattering." Perhaps it is for you. If others say they hate it, who are you to tell them that they are actually flattered?
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I would laugh my *kitten* off and assume they were whistling at someone else.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

There are more than a few posts that dispute your notion that it's "always flattering." Perhaps it is for you. If others say they hate it, who are you to tell them that they are actually flattered?

slow down. Everything is going to be okay.