Weight Watchers--stuck in the middle...thoughts?

Options
124»

Replies

• gingbean
    gingbean Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Personally, what I don't like about WW is that, despite saying they recommend that you stay away from reduced fat/calorie foods, their cookbooks are FILLED with them. I rarely like anything that has been altered to be less fat/fewer calories. I don't prefer chemicals over real food. I even buy the only bread in the store that has 6 ingredients instead of dozens of unpronounceable ingredients. I might still be chunky, but I prefer to eat more "clean" than the reduced fat/calorie foods. That's not to say I don't still buy processed foods, but as little processing as possible as part of my daily diet. I have a soda addiction that kills me.
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'd rather count calories than points. WW wasn't for me and MFP is FREE... I'm all about free :happy:
  • wendyrvp
    wendyrvp Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know WW has worked for many people, but not me. I have tried it 3 different times in my life, all three different WW versions. This last time 1 year ago, it gave me WAY to many points. I couldn't possibly eat that much and still lose weight. 54 points! Yes I know I am very overweight but that is just crazy. I tried and tried to get some help but was basically told I had to eat the 54 points or I wouldnt lose. Well I didnt lose with 54 points or even 44 points or EVEN 34 points. So I finally quit. Now I am here and trying it this way. So far... so good.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Personally, what I don't like about WW is that, despite saying they recommend that you stay away from reduced fat/calorie foods, their cookbooks are FILLED with them. I rarely like anything that has been altered to be less fat/fewer calories. I don't prefer chemicals over real food. I even buy the only bread in the store that has 6 ingredients instead of dozens of unpronounceable ingredients. I might still be chunky, but I prefer to eat more "clean" than the reduced fat/calorie foods. That's not to say I don't still buy processed foods, but as little processing as possible as part of my daily diet. I have a soda addiction that kills me.
    I agree! I try to eat clean 90% of the time so when I do indulge and have dessert, I'd rather have cake or ice cream with REAL ingredients I can pronounce.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    What kind of protein bars do you like to use? A blog I follow suggested "Think Thin" bars. I bought a few the other night but haven't tried them yet. I like Zone bars, but they are high in calories....which I guess isn't the biggest concern on ww.

Right now I'm using ones called Pure Protein.

The Chocolate Peanut Butter don't taste too bad. 200 cal, 6 g fat, 2 g sugar, 20 g protein, 16 g carbs, 1 g fiber

I had the Caramel Peanut Butter Surprise today and liked the taste pretty well. The nutrition info was similar to the Choc/PB one.

I havent' tried too many others yet. I'll look into the ones you mentioned!
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Wow guys!
    Thank you so much for all your comments! A lot of you feel the same way I do about WW and this just proves to me that I just need to trust my instinct and stick with MFP for the time being....I'm still a little on the fence, but I don't feel like investing a lot into the program right now.