who is the oldest here to give birth?

Options
12skipafew99100
12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
I know I am far from the oldest but I was 36 when I had my last child. 29 when I had my first. And 2 in between.
How old were you when you had your last one?

Replies

• ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    None so far! I am 32 years old.
    My plan is to start no later than 35 for two - three kids...anything older than that and I will probably only have 1 or none.
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I had my kids at 25, 27, 28, 30, 31 and 41.

I WIN!!! :drinker:
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I was 31 when I had my last child ... 16 when I had my first.
  • Cindy4866
    Cindy4866 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had mine at 24, 35, 37, 41 and 43. All planned to I might add.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I don't know the exact age her momma was when she gave birth to her, but a girl who I went to high school with was a GREAT AUNT at age 16.

Apparently her parents were very elderly, and her brothers and sisters treated her as their own daughter since they were closer to the age you'd expect a 16 year olds parents to be. She had nieces and nephews that were around her age, and even one of them had a child, which made her a great aunt at age 16.

My dad's mother got pregnant in her 40s, which is why my 50+ year old dad has a 30 something brother who is closer to my age than his. And...my mom had my sister at age 38.

And...that's my story telling for the day. LOL
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    i was 41 when my daughter was born.
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    38 when I had my lil man. My first when I was 21. Those are my only two children. A son who is 20, a son who is 3. Crazy? Yes.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    I don't know the exact age her momma was when she gave birth to her, but a girl who I went to high school with was a GREAT AUNT at age 16.

Apparently her parents were very elderly, and her brothers and sisters treated her as their own daughter since they were closer to the age you'd expect a 16 year olds parents to be. She had nieces and nephews that were around her age, and even one of them had a child, which made her a great aunt at age 16.

My dad's mother got pregnant in her 40s, which is why my 50+ year old dad has a 30 something brother who is closer to my age than his. And...my mom had my sister at age 38.

Yikes.....
  • Krbrock07
    Options
    I gave birth to my last child 3/11/2012, 6 days before my 39th birthday.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Ask me in a few years. At the rate it will take to save for IVF (my only chance), I'd be close to 50 before I had enough for one round.

My first one that I lost, I was 29. I thought that was the perfect age for me.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Not a mother yet myself but my mother was 43 when she had me and I'm first of 3 children.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options

One of my guys at work has a nephew that is a few years older than him. His mother had him (my coworker) later in life, and his siblings were much older than him.
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Son #1 at 30, son #2 just before I turned 37.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Can we talk youngest? My cousin was a grandmother at 27....CRAZY hillbillies! :noway:
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    nothing like being a senior citizen at your kids High School graduation
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear some people were in their late 30's and early 40's! I'm 30 and I'm not planning on starting a family for a good few years yet. I still feel too young but I know I can't wait forever!
  • traciwe
    traciwe Posts: 78
    Options
    this thread gives me hope :) ill be in my 30s before i can even consider to start to have a child. my mother did give birth to me at age 37 though so hopefully im good. all the kids thought she was my grandma though at school because they all had really young moms :(
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    I had 1 at 20, 1 at 38 and 1 at 39. we are trying for 1 more and I'm 40
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Don't answer,she is just trying to find out who is doing the nasty:blushing: :drinker:
  • traciwe
    traciwe Posts: 78
    Options
    Can we talk youngest? My cousin was a grandmother at 27....CRAZY hillbillies! :noway:

wow! im trying to figure this out! lol