How Did Everyone Get Their MFP Name??

Options
I got mine, cuz I have a cat named Boogz (he's my favorite out of my 15 cats!!) and I'm his mama! Hence the name, BoogzMama! :happy:

Replies

• cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I had a pet crow once. He named himself. I thought "How can I torture that utterance into a word-like written form that is needlessly complex?"

Then I stole it.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have three dogs.
    I run.
    I run with my dogs.
    Running is active, it's a fitness forum.

I am very unoriginal. I hate picking screen names.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    It's my name and initials. R. L. Madrid.
    Funny though, I get asked a lot if it's a shortened form of Real Madrid. I had never caught that before, but they are my favourite team!
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    When I was in 10th grade, a girl in one of my classes randomly told me about a dream she had. She said "my SN (this was in the AOL/AIM era) is Glamrunner##, and in my dream yours was Camrunner##." My name is Cameron, I've never really officially gone by 'Cam' but whatever. I was 300+ lbs at the time, so it was pretty random. I never actually used it for anything until recently, but I wanted something different for here and I figured I'd finally earned it.
  • BoogzMama
    Options
    When I was in 10th grade, a girl in one of my classes randomly told me about a dream she had. She said "my SN (this was in the AOL/AIM era) is Glamrunner##, and in my dream yours was Camrunner##." My name is Cameron, I've never really officially gone by 'Cam' but whatever. I was 300+ lbs at the time, so it was pretty random. I never actually used it for anything until recently, but I wanted something different for here and I figured I'd finally earned it.

I wanted something different, too... I always go by FLGirl827 (I'm from Florida, I'm a girl, my bday is Aug27) or by kslindner (my name is Kimberly Susan Lindner, so that's self explanatory!! lol) Sooooo, I chose my favorite cat's name!
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I was a tad bit ill when I joined MFP *laff* That was a week of fun..what a way to loose 10 pounds quickly.

The joke around the house is that I am 5 bouts of stomach flu away from my first goal *LOL*
  • mimimoheho
    Options
    My nickname my friends call me is "MiMo", after Minnie Mouse, they say i have a high pitched voice like Minnie, so first two letters of Minnie and Mouse, and Mimimoheho, is just a elaboration of that i thought of, and liked the sound of it, when spoken out loud.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    From my school email account -.- I use it as my username for pretty much everything. I wish I had a cool one, but I didn't know that there were forums on here when I made it!
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    my nickname is mandy since we had three Amanda's in my graduating class. I was born in 1988 and graduated in 2006
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It's my nickname (real name Christina) and my lucky number. :happy:
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Mine is what it sounds like when someone hollers at me....
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    A combination of two names that I used to post elsewhere under:

Deadmeat and VimFuego

I have a history of telling The Truth As I See It on forums and getting banned.

Quelle Surprise ... ;)
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    My name is Racquel, but most people call me Quel or Quelly (pronounced KELL or KELLY not KWEL -_- lol). And then belly rhymed. Thus came quellybelly :) I use it as my username for almost everything
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options

I wanted something different, too... I always go by FLGirl827 (I'm from Florida, I'm a girl, my bday is Aug27) or by kslindner (my name is Kimberly Susan Lindner, so that's self explanatory!! lol) Sooooo, I chose my favorite cat's name!

Huh... we have the same birthday
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I love my Jeep and my nickname is Trey (short for Tracy)
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    When I was little my parents used to pull all my hair up on the top of my head and it would stick straight up. My Dad gave me the nickname, "Onion" because it looked like the onion patches that grown in the yard wild.

To this day, (I'm 35), he still calls me Onion and I still answer to it. :heart:

And I'm a Momma. So, I smashed the 2 together and got OnionMomma
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I was so damn hungry when I made this account...
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    my daughter used to call me mamagooskie when she was little (2 years old approx) and it stuck and now I like it as user names on sites I frequent.....she still calls me mama though and so does my son.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options

Huh... we have the same birthday

Happy almost birthday to both of you :)
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Halleeon is my gamertag - ie, the username I've used whenever I play a video/pc game.

The name itself came from my rebellious nature and tending to be a real "hellion." Alas, when I went to pick my original gamertag, "Hellion" was taken and so I tweaked it and it became a name of its own. Halle-on, is how most people pronounce it...and I get called Hal often, for short.

/endofnerdspeak