stupid kiwi fruit argument!!

Options

Replies

• felitong
    Options
    my cousins are from Australia and they eat the whole thing after giving it a good scrub, but it's too hair for me to eat it
  • grimsin
    grimsin Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    your omega 3 fatty acids are in the skin, why wouldn't you eat it? when you wash the kiwi scrub it under the water and it makes the outer shell into a much easier texture to eat. When you get over the texture of the skin and start letting the sour flavor of it interact with the extreme sweet of the core, it is a fantastic flavor.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I eat the skin. Nothing wrong with it. In fact, it doesn't even have any flavour. I found it a major PITA to get the skin off. It was messy and left too much waste, so I just started eating it. It's like eating a peach with the skin on. Not a big deal.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I eat everything but the skin.
    ^^this
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    LOL...I see on MFP "kiwi without skin" and I always think "who would eat the skin???"
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the skin because the texture is gross, but I know people who do.

Also, how do you eat a kiwi? I think the easiest way is to cut it in half and then scoop out the insides with a spoon. But I know some people think that's weird too.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I cut a kiwi and half and scoop the insides out with a spoon and enjoy. Eating the skin of a kiwi, or a peach for that matter, would be like licking a sweater. *gagging at the thought* :sick:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    kiwi_bird-t2.jpg
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    No skin. It's hairy! Yuck.

Exactly!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    But...but...ewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I eat the whole thing
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I didn't know the skin could be eaten. Huh.

I love the fuzziness of peaches, so I think I might have to chow down on some kiwis, hairy skin and all.
  • grimsin
    grimsin Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    if you properly wash a kiwi as you should with any fruit that has a permeable skin, it won't be hairy :)
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    NO SKIN!!! Blah!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    LOL! I - LOVE - this post!

Sooo, I've never met anyone (besides my sister) who eats the skin on the kiwi as well. I love fruit (especially kiwi), and, all through my life (from elementary school to college to work), people have been asking me "WHY do you eat the skin?" At first I thought you were supposed to. Then I finally figured out (at about high school), that no, it was NOT normal, as no one else (besides my sister) did this. So where would my sister and I have learned such a habit?
    Apparently, when we were kids, we loved kiwis a lot. But my parents were too lazy to peel the skin off for us each time. So, they just told us to eat the whole kiwi (well obviously NOT the very end of it, that is just gross lol, but they did say we should eat the skin).

So all in all, your partner is the strange one. So am I. So is my sis. But at least we have found one other person who eats the skin. Hahah. The skin is hairy but you get used to it :p.
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    My fiances brother bites into kiwis like they are apples :sick: ew but I cut them in half and then scoop out the insides with a spoon! much nicer that way :)
  • courtneyleem
    Options
    My grandfather was the first person I met to eat kiwi skin and all. I would peel it with a vegetable peeler and then slice the fruit. Now that I've read that there are good things in the skin, I'll probably start eating it too.
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    LOL Okay i should know this because Im from New Zealand and since New Zealanders are called KIWIS which btw have nothing to do with the kiwi fruit .. Never in my life have seen or heard anyone that eats the SKIN of the kiwi fruit... so there for looks like you won. you were right! :)
  • MrsT0fu
    MrsT0fu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat the whole fruit. Sometimes if I'm peeling a kiwi for my daughter or husband I'll eat the skin and give them the fruit. (Extra fiber for me.) A trick I learned to peeling a kiwi fruit is if you slice the ends off and then take the back of a spoon and slide it under the skin around the edge of the fruit. You may be able to do this from one side only, or you can simply go halfway around the fruit, rotate it and repeat on the other side. Then you can slip the fruit out of the skin by adding a little pressure at one side like squeezing a tube of toothpaste. It's really easy and takes almost no time at all.
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yuk, I wouldn't eat the fury skin on it! Peel it and eat it lovely! Your in the majority :happy: