stupid kiwi fruit argument!!

Options

Replies

• DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    That is an interesting argument. I've done it both ways xD The skin isn't that big a deal, but the hairy part of it kinda is. I'd just say you're both sane and it's a potato pa-tato issue.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I eat the skin. I love how it gives the kiwi a sweet and sour taste.
  • smaem
    smaem Posts: 12
    Options
    Um, have you people never eaten a peach?! It's the same thing! Just scrub it well first. If you're not eating the skin, you're missing out on most of the health benefits of kiwi!
  • Family_Man
    Options
    The whole THING!:smile:
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that people ate the skin on a kiwi. I guess I'll have to give it a try. I mean I do eat the fuzzy skin of a peach. Or you could just eat the middle and leave him a pile of your kiwi skins since he likes them so much. Kind of like eating fried chicken or a cupcake when I was a kid. I'd just eat the crispy skin or lick all the frosting off...all I guess I needed was a buddy to eat the meat and the cake part of the cup cake. That would have been a great partnership.
  • Ali1121
    Ali1121 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just the inside, skin is gross.
  • spacechick365
    spacechick365 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use to eat just the fruit until my husband and I had the same argument. He has always eaten the skin. I did my research and found out that the skin actually has a ton of fiber and antioxidents that your body needs. Now I eat the whole thing and if you scrub it really good with a fruit brush most of the hair comes off. I found a website with a bit of information about the skin:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/can-you-eat-kiwi-fruit-skin.html

Enjoy!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I cut in in half and eat out the insides with a spoon, leaving the skin.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i used to only eat the middle.....
    since being a student i now eat the skin too... means i dont need a knife to eat it + get more to eat :)
    x
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I dont eat the skin, but my husband does. Its just preference, but yes, there are many nutrients and fiber in the skin, that is not found within the rest of the fruit.
  • thorpy6
    thorpy6 Posts: 48
    Options
    I shave them with a razor, sometimes i use wax or lasers to remove the hair. it depends on my mood.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I eat the whole kiwi, skin and all..nothing weird about it.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My boss eats the skin, I don't.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I cut the kiwi in half,
    and scoop out the inside with a spoon.

I do this too. I love Kiwi fruit. But no thanks to the hair.
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I eat kiwis like peaches. Always have. I *like* contrasting textures in my food though. Just 1 texture is a little tame.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    just put the whole thing in an chew?
  • sensored44
    sensored44 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was taught to eat it skin and all, that way you get the mouth wake up call with the delectable sweet and that sour faced sourness...
  • sensored44
    sensored44 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I shave them with a razor, sometimes i use wax or lasers to remove the hair. it depends on my mood.

LOL
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Lots of fiber in the skin... I still don't enjoy the texture enough to eat it :)
  • sionnain
    sionnain Posts: 96
    Options
    I always eat the skin. Nothing wrong with it! it's like a peach, but green!