Oh why oh why did he have to....

Options
124»

Replies

• megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Awwwwww.

Good for you! You DO have a great attitude!
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It is all about will power and every little bit of encouragement helps. Keep it up and you will get stronger one day at a time.
  • justdoit_steph
    Options
    Awesome post :)
  • momma_eck
    Options
    Great Job!!! and you have inspired me for today!!! Thank you!
  • LETTYRP05
    Options
    Great Job
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Fan-frickin-tastic! Such a great story, thanks for sharing!
  • Monicaislosingit
    Options
    :,) just so beautiful. I always get very overwhelmed with the support on MFP! people are so beyond incredible. We are all strangers united by one passion to lose weight and to just be healthy. Reading your article made me feel like I am not alone in this weightloss journey. Your words are more comforting than a glass of wine on a hectic day. Thank you for sharing this!
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. What is your strategy for next time?

When the server comes by with the bread, immediately say, "No thank-you, I'm on a low carb diet." They will understand! When the pizza arrives, take 2 slices. Scrape the topping off one slice onto the other and put the bare piece of bread back onto the tray.

Great suggestions! However, I COULD fit both slices into my available calories, and the cheese and the chicken on 'em did have protein and fat that made me feel full and satisfied. So that is why I went with the pizza. As for telling the server no thanks on the garlic bread, that was a no go. When I locked eyes with that basket of heavenly/hellish goodness/badness, I had the same reaction as in 1986 when Bob Dylan stepped into my elevator in the Pierre Hotel in NYC with two VERY young, VERY sexily dressed women, one on each arm. At that moment, I couldn't have said my own name or remembered the alphabet even if I wanted to. But forewarned is forearmed. Next time I will know and be prepared!

Scott R. in Houston, Tx.
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. So proud of you.....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!