Deleting Friends

Options

Replies

• CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    hell to the yeah. 2 months no login no Cal-J on your friends list. i don't need dead weight here.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Yep - I give them a month

^^^^ This! Unless they have posted that they are taking a break... otherwise, I'm assuming they just dropped MFP.

Been on here 900+ days. It doesn't take much to log in daily....
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I delete people who never ever interact, those who disappear for more than 2 weeks with no forewarning, and those who have very very different goals/lifestyles than me.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Yup.
    Unless they've stated that they're going on vacation or they won't be logging in for a while.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    If you use the app does it still count as a log in?

Yes, at least on android.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    If you use the app does it still count as a log in?

Yes it does.
  • Haylz_ish
    Options
    Yes. I also delete friends that log in every day but don't interact with me. Once some one asked me why I deleted them.. I felt bad :(
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Unless they have a before spoken reason for not logging in, yes I delete them regularly. Too much drama and I try to bring people back, nothing to do if someone doesn't want to continue losing with MFP.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I haven't deleted anyone. But I had one guy delete me right after friending me. Idk why. I don't think im that annoying lol. I log everyday. I do my best to be active with every single friend I have and I eat right for the goals im aiming for. I see that same guy on other peoples posts quite a bit. I say "*kitten*" out loud to myself everytime I see his avatar. He either thought I was annoying, didn't mesh with my sense of humor, or couldn't handle my go-hard-or-get-the-fu*k-outta-here mentality.
  • ew513
    ew513 Posts: 35
    Options
    yupp. I just deleted someone I had been friends with for a few months. She almost never logs in. She always post horrible eating habits in her diary and she uses TERRIBLE language in her comments. This is not facebook. I was offended and disappointed so I deleted her. No guilt.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    If they haven't logged in for a month then they're gone.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I never delete anyone, but I get deleted. I had two women delete me a few weeks ago because I stuck up for a guy that stated his honest opinion and people. It was one of those "I need attention" posts! I LOL'ed after they did it. What a joke! Lol!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I do it for all kinds of reasons - primarily because I feel like each fried deserves some regular attention, and I can't give that with too many friends.

I have deleted and been deleted by good people. But I just can't handle 200+ friends I have a life too! I still have over 100 and still need to find some arbitrary ways to downsize.

:(
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I've been letting it slide. I also delete for other reasons. In my opinion, there is nothing to feel bad about when it comes to deleting friends.. which I hear is a common issue amongst MFPers.
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yep, I give them about a month or almost a month,especially if Ive never heard anything from them but I see that they are supporting others I will delete them. I've had some people delete me because for some reason they didn't like me and I'm supportive to all my pals so I don't understand that, it's funny to me. They were obviously my friend for the wrong reason, and most of the time they aren't making any progress.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Not really...I don't think I've deleted anyone yet. :/
    I knew of a couple who disappeared for almost a year to come back & start anew.
    I guess it's different if you need to make room for new friends because you add so many people,
    but otherwise, it doesn't really bother me.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yes I have after a month.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Last time I went through my list, I found some who had deactivated their accounts.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yep. If they haven't logged in for a while and I've sent a message and gotten no response, I delete. If they post a constant flow of negativity, I delete. If they post every single detail of their day, but don't interact with me ever, I delete.