I lost 55.5 lbs in 54 days...My secret revealed!

Options
My secret to losing unwanted pounds - If I was asked to go binge on some food items I badly desire...I would run up stairs, straight to the fridge and eat those home grown concord grapes...like several cups of grapes...I would then move to the pineapple on the table and consume at least half of it...then I would eat a big can of Swanson canned chicken with black pepper all over it, all while a piece of cod (fish) was being microwaved and if I had any room left in my belly I would have to pick between some cantaloupe or a sandwich with my 25 calorie an ounce turkey but with a triple serving size....all of this would be about 800ish calories.........I wouldn’t even consider the sweet baby rays pork ribs in the freezer or think of the tombstone pizza, I didn’t consider the chips or cookies on top of the fridge...That’s my secret...I’ve trained myself to love the healthy stuff....pineapple tastes better than anything to me! I want to dip mushrooms in medium-hot chunky salsa, not eat a block of cheese...I really truly love the healthy stuff.....if I binged on the tombstone pizza I would likely eat 6-7 slices for about 1200-1400 calories...or the pork ribs for 6 X 250 calories for the whole rack....when you eat healthy foods and crave healthy foods you can binge and not have totally wasted your food diary....You guys understand why I’ve been so successful now??? Please ask if you don't understand anything I have stated...

One night about 8 weeks back, I was about 2 or 3 weeks into this and had only lost like 18 lbs....I went crazy and ate an entire container of Hillshire farm turkey meat slices and I felt terrible and thought, "there’s no way I can do this" after that I checked the calories and realized that meat choice was so healthy that I had only actually eaten 225 calories...suddenly I realized it was not so bad....in my earliest and greatest moment of weakness I realized everything was going to be ok if I made sure I had the right food surrounding me...that week I threw so much **** in the trash and I filled those spots up with the best low calorie foods I could muster up at that tinny grocery store I shop at....I filled 7 tall kitchen garbage bags with stuff I found in the kitchen...just the kitchen...think about it.

This is what a LIFESTYLE change looks like....I would never deprive myself of anything because, "I WANT THE HEALTHY STUFF". Think about it.

What would you binge on? What do you think would be best if you just threw away? Give me your thoughts.

Replies

• jessababy22
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! You should be tremendously proud of yourself!
  • grayprae
    grayprae Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats that is really all I can say Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing
  • sportybrewerschick
    sportybrewerschick Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    wow! i guess you are right! time to throw away all the junk we have in the house!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and pizza
  • willia123
    willia123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    hillshire turkey is super high in sodium. If I ate a whole container I'd puff up like a stuck pig
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    but I like junk. Throw it out? :(
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    congrats on your loss...not sure I agree with binges as a method though...be careful!
  • CuteWittleWifey
    Options
    You are AWESOME!
    And pineapple is the shiznit! :)
    Good job!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    now that I try to cut out junk, I binge on cherries occationaly :embarassed:
  • SpeakingOfAutumn
    Options
    I think its a great idea! I have been doing something similar, replacing a candy bar with a Special K bar, or a hearty sandwich with a lettuce wrap...My only trouble is that Im not the only person in my house and the others have not jumped on board with the decision to be healthy yet. This is rough because I come home from a hard day at work, and there is a freshly baked cake sitting on the counter and I look over at my greek yogurt planned for my dessert and then a small *sigh* comes from my mouth.

Does anyone have any ideas on this one? What on earth do I do with a family who doesn't care about their health?
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Congrats in the weight loss! But I see that your net calories are consistently below ZERO!! You're eating way too far under your BMR. Yes, it is working for now. But you're going to seriously screw up your metabolism and the weight loss won't be sustainable. Best of luck - and I hope you find a healthy and realistic way to move forward.
  • DiabolicBooger
    DiabolicBooger Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Congrats in the weight loss! But I see that your net calories are consistently below ZERO!! You're eating way too far under your BMR. Yes, it is working for now. But you're going to seriously screw up your metabolism and the weight loss won't be sustainable. Best of luck - and I hope you find a healthy and realistic way to move forward.

Im past my original goal of -55.5 lbs and have now decided to lose a little more...diet and exercise are paramount.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you're tracking only the important stuff in the diary...

Vit A
    Vit C
    Calcium
    Iron
    Trn Fat

:indifferent:
  • DiabolicBooger
    Options

Vit A
    Vit C
    Calcium
    Iron
    Trn Fat

Yeah, tracking the worthless stuff was a calculated decision...i had tracked the other stuff for 10 weeks and got bored with it so i switched just to open my eyes to a new enviroment...Maybe i will learn something.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    You should eat bro
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

Vit A
    Vit C
    Calcium
    Iron
    Trn Fat

Yeah, tracking the worthless stuff was a calculated decision...i had tracked the other stuff for 10 weeks and got bored with it so i switched just to open my eyes to a new enviroment...Maybe i will learn something.

You will likely learn a lesson about slowed metabolism if you keep up this eating like a 5' woman.
  • rusialeelee
    Options
    You should eat bro

ditto. wow your diary was... one of the strangest I've seen on here

I dunno what "LIFESTYLE" I would have if I ate that little and burned over 1000 a day..

Did your GP recommend you this diet?
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Dude, I went way simpler. I took Alli and ate all the fried chicken I want. It just melts the fat out of you!
  • DiabolicBooger
    Options
    You should eat bro

If feeling this good is strange then i want to be the strangest person on here!
  • DiabolicBooger
    Options
    You should eat bro

I dunno what "LIFESTYLE" I would have if I ate that little and burned over 1000 a day..

Did your GP recommend you this diet?

The LIFESTYLE change is for just that, life! Won't be soon before i up my calories along with my carbs and protein and intensify training with more strength training and less cardio...