Petite group?

Options

Replies

• belovedromena
    belovedromena Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I"m in too! 5'1" and over 40-it's tough!
  • ethiopianbeauty
    Options
    I'm 5'2 I would LOVE to join!!
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    So do u guys want to do weigh ins each week?Challenges?Maybe a biggest loser type thing, like each week who ever loses the most weight can make up the challenge for the next week?Anyone have any suggestions?
  • shel75
    shel75 Posts: 75
    Options
    5 ft 3 in, and struggling to lose over the past few mths!! Please sign me up - :blushing: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'm in...so funny me and songbyrd are the exact same height (I always just round it up to an even 5 feet).
  • supermom1114
    Options
    I'm in!!! 5'3" 140lbs and really wanting to get down to 125. I like the idea of whoever loses the most making up the challenge for the next week! Yay! Fit & Fun-sized! I like it =)
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    I'm 5'4 but definitly not tall so please make it 5'4 and less :flowerforyou:
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am in.... 5'2' whoo whoo
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Yay, I'm glad you guys liked my name! :happy:

I also round up to 5'0 LOL!! :blushing:

I am 131.6 right now. I would like to get to 118...at that point I should be sub-20% body fat. My short-term goal is 127 by New Year's. I have dropped 6 lbs since October and it made a HUGE difference. It's a double-edged sword-- it makes a big difference either way!
  • ethiopianbeauty
    Options
    I like the idea of the winner making up the challenges also!
    297072.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    297072.png

Yea!

Are we going by lbs or % of total body weight? I feel like it's harder for us petite girls to lose a lot of poundage each week.

We should also give tips on good workout clothing--I can't ever find anything that fits correctly in length! :tongue:
  • Luke93
    Luke93 Posts: 35
    Options
    I am so excited to join this group. I'm 5'0" and currently at 133. I like the idea of the winner choosing the next weeks challenge. What day would we be weighing in?

songbrydsswwet: I have to a container of safety pins that sits next to my workout pants. I am all for suggestions.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    So do u guys want to do weigh ins each week?Challenges?Maybe a biggest loser type thing, like each week who ever loses the most weight can make up the challenge for the next week?Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm already at my goal weight-just want to maintain what I'm at. 90 is about at perfect as I can get although an inch or two off my tummy would be nice (not sure I can do it...since most of it is loose skin from my pregnancy).
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    not sure...can u explain how we go by percentage? i feel u on the workout pants, i cant imagine if i was shorter mine drag the ground so bad already!
    297072.png

Yea!

Are we going by lbs or % of total body weight? I feel like it's harder for us petite girls to lose a lot of poundage each week.

We should also give tips on good workout clothing--I can't ever find anything that fits correctly in length! :tongue:
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love it!

5'2 & 1/2
    Currently 116lbs
    Not sure about goal weight - maybe 112-113? I know I want a few more inches off the muffin top and some serious toning. Had twins 21 months ago - tummy needs work!!

Did well through July - October and lost about 8lbs, last few weeks I have been out of the gym and not eating very well. This will be a great motivator - a group of shorties!!
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I also like the idea of the winner chosing the challenge for the week and I love the name!

I think 5'4" and under is just right. I'm really glad we're going to make a group. 140 sounds perfect to a bunch of the taller women and I feel silly posting on some challenges where women are close to 200 but if they knew I was so short and I should be more like 115 to 120... 20lbs is a lot on this little frame and it shows big time in my legs!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I am so excited to join this group. I'm 5'0" and currently at 133. I like the idea of the winner choosing the next weeks challenge. What day would we be weighing in?

songbrydsswwet: I have to a container of safety pins that sits next to my workout pants. I am all for suggestions.

I either cut the ends off or wear leggings because I can roll them up since they're tight. :ohwell:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    not sure...can u explain how we go by percentage? i feel u on the workout pants, i cant imagine if i was shorter mine drag the ground so bad already!
    297072.png

Yea!

We would go by % of total bodyweight lost. So if I weigh 150 lbs, losing 2 lb would be 1.3% of my bodyweight. But if I weigh 110 lbs, losing 2 lbs would be 1.8% of my bodyweight. So even though the same # of lbs is lost, it's a larger change for someone who weighs less.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    I agree I think we should go by % of body weight!
  • kiki2006
    Options
    I'm in! 5'2 here! Love all the ideas so far, even though I'm not really clear on how to do the % of body weight lost!