Petite group?

Options

Replies

• wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    Okay that sounds good, percent of body weight!What day is good for everyone to weigh in on?
  • shel75
    shel75 Posts: 75
    Options
    One vote for Friday - and Target active wear :love:
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    I'm in...so funny me and songbyrd are the exact same height (I always just round it up to an even 5 feet).

that makes three of us! im in.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Im 144 now...goal 115.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me too. All 5'1" of me!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Okay that sounds good, percent of body weight!What day is good for everyone to weigh in on?

I weigh in on Thursdays for my other group. I sort of prefer weekend weigh-ins because it keeps you on track on those tough days! Maybe Sunday morning?
  • Luke93
    Luke93 Posts: 35
    Options
    I also like weighing in on the weekends. Sunday mornings sound great.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Oh, I think we should have Weekend Plans too...like,

I plan to stay on track this weekend by logging even if I have something bad to eat and making sure I do my next Gateway to 8K podcast tomorrow after I lift. (Skipped it today because my hop flexor is acting up, did yoga instead).

That way we have a plan to tackle these pesky days where it's SO easy to lose track!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I can't join because I am taller than all of you boo-hoo!!! But I have a friend who is all of 4'11" and we call her Minnie Me. Your group could also be called "The Minnie Me's" because some of you are not into fit (or maybe even the fun) for your other chosen title! Just a suggestion, I will no way be offended if it is not chosen or laughed apon!! I wish you little chickies fun and support!
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I'm in!! 5'0" here and 110lbs. Trying to work on my muffin top since giving birth 8 years ago :grumble:

Did we decide on a day to weigh in? I heard Friday and Sunday
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I'm in! 5'2 here! Love all the ideas so far, even though I'm not really clear on how to do the % of body weight lost!

I'm not exactly sure how it's calculated
  • supermom1114
    Options
    % of body weight would be however many pounds you lost divided by your previous weight times 100. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm 99.99% sure thats how its done, at least thats how I do it for myself lol... so like I'm 143 if I lost 3 lbs I'd do (3/143) x 100 = 2.09%
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    % of body weight would be however many pounds you lost divided by your previous weight times 100. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm 99.99% sure thats how its done, at least thats how I do it for myself lol... so like I'm 143 if I lost 3 lbs I'd do (3/143) x 100 = 2.09%

That's right.

I measured my height tonight. I've been fronting for years that I'm 5'4". But I'm really 5'3.5". :blushing:
    I never really thought of myself as "petite," I always assumed I was just average. My best friends in high school were 5'1" (she lied, she was so 5') and 5'2" so I was always the tall one. :tongue: Then one day I started noticing the fact that I'm almost always the shortest person wherever I go. :laugh:
  • ButlerMom
    ButlerMom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My husband found you all for me...I wanna be fit...I've already got the fun-sized part handled!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Butler, that's really nice of your hubby!!

How is everyone's weekend going?

Last night I stayed out late so I slept in later than I intended today. I went on a brunch date to this excellent veggie restaurant and got a huge veggie omelet with no cheese, roast potatoes, and excellent baked bread. Then went to an art museum with my best friend and got grilled chicken and couscous from this great little Greek foodstand. Got back home and fell asleep for WAY too long...I woke up STARVING and stuffed myself with a cup of lima beans and a granola bar before I realized how late it was. I ALMOST didn't run...but I remembered my weekend plan so I logged ALL my food and STILL went on my run at like 8:15 at night! It was an EXCELLENT run and I'm really proud of myself for making healthy food choices and still having a lot of fun today.

We have to make sure that this way of life is a way of LIVING, not just a way to exist! :drinker:
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Been crazy busy finishing up a paper for school, emotional snacking got the best of me, ugh... i always eat when im stressed which is usually while sitting on my bum doing schoolwork.

But after my paper was done I was so happy n just spent the rest of my day playing with my son, it was fun! I blew up this car-shaped ball pit I got him for his birthday and we played in it all afternoon lol But then my parents decided to have pizza and hot wings for dinner and I can't resist hot wings.. only had 3 and then 1 slice of pizza but ugh I still feel like crap for it. Ah well everything will be better when my hubby is back from Iraq and we have our own place and I can control what comes into the house and what I'm cooking. For now I just grocery shop and cook the meals they ask for, all while trying to make a little something healthy on the side for my son and myself, its frustrating to say the least..

I hope everyone has a great sunday!! I really need to get my act together and stop the constant snacking and switch to a few healthy snacks inbetween meals. trust me i know what I'm supposed to be doing, I'm studying nutrition to be a registered dietician someday i just have a problem controlling myself under stress, I'm learning ways to deal though
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Been crazy busy finishing up a paper for school, emotional snacking got the best of me, ugh... i always eat when im stressed which is usually while sitting on my bum doing schoolwork.

But after my paper was done I was so happy n just spent the rest of my day playing with my son, it was fun! I blew up this car-shaped ball pit I got him for his birthday and we played in it all afternoon lol But then my parents decided to have pizza and hot wings for dinner and I can't resist hot wings.. only had 3 and then 1 slice of pizza but ugh I still feel like crap for it. Ah well everything will be better when my hubby is back from Iraq and we have our own place and I can control what comes into the house and what I'm cooking. For now I just grocery shop and cook the meals they ask for, all while trying to make a little something healthy on the side for my son and myself, its frustrating to say the least..

I hope everyone has a great sunday!! I really need to get my act together and stop the constant snacking and switch to a few healthy snacks inbetween meals. trust me i know what I'm supposed to be doing, I'm studying nutrition to be a registered dietician someday i just have a problem controlling myself under stress, I'm learning ways to deal though

I get the munchies when I'm stressed out, too. I try to avoid having any unhealthy snacks in my apartment at all, and the fact that I'm broke sort of influences that anyway. :tongue:

My best friend/roommate's boyfriend has been deployed for 5 months and I've seen how difficult it is for her. With a kid I know it has to be even harder!

As far as becoming an RD...many of us know WHAT to do, but easier said than done! I study oxidative stress in skeletal muscle, and my Principle Investigators--the profs in charge--both smoke and drink regularly! They have an understanding of the effects from the molecular to the systemic level, and still don't always apply that information.

Who all are you cooking for? Maybe you could ask them to eat what you're eating to make things easier on you.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    I just figured out my % of body weight lost and it came out to 4.6%. And I weighed in yesterday at 143.4. Are we doin it on Saturday or Sunday? I went out to dinner with my boyfriend last night for my birthday. I went over by like 1000 cals yesterday :grumble: I dunno how cause I only ate like half my plate but whatever. Im not one of those people who can go out to dinner and order a salad or something...I can have that any day...and the other stuff looks so much better!! :devil: So good thing I don't eat out too often. Still feel guilty about it tho. But im back on track today.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I hung out with a friend yesterday. We were supposed to stay in and cook and play wii but her sister INSISTED we go to BWW's with them instead. I said I was broke, they said they would pay. Can't say no to that. I was good though. I had water, 4 piece naked tenders (supposedly grilled) and got a salad. I didn't use much of my sauce or dressing - just enough to get a little flavor. Pretty proud of myself for that one. Later I snacked on radishes!!

Those naked tenders were actually pretty tasty though. They're not the healthiest thing I could eat in the world but they had to be better than the breaded/fried stuff.