how to be a GREAT, supportive husband as our wives get old

Options

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    What I find so amusing about this post, is how close to reality it is. It's only amusing because it blatantly states the attitude many men take towards their wives. Yes, he may have a full time job, but she probably has a full time job, and then comes home and does the equivalent of at least a part time job around the house. It's a nice parody, if you don't think *too* much about how realistic it is.
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    Oh be still my heart! If only I could find such a loving and supportive husband!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Fascinating and funny as hell.
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    well detroit i laughed soo hard i nearly wet my pants as an older woman my bladder control isn,t as it was :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's a Detroit thing... I thought it was hysterical...
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    it's almost like people come to these forums looking to be offended, or get into a fight... so much so that something that is a blatantly obvious joke is pounced upon like a tiger on meat.

I really would NOT be offended if a lady wanted to..uh...pounce...on...my....uh...meat....

:p

:)

I teed that one up for you.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am cracking up!
    I am also sensing a theme. My husband emailed me a copy of an article from a 1955 issue of good housekeeping yesterday on how to be a good wife...The tips included:
    -Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready, on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned with his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.
    -Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him
    -Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first, remember his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
    -A good wife knows her place.
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Lmaoooo. If only such husbands were like unicorns.

This
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Funny! Thanks for the laugh!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Bahaha....That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time! I will be directing one friend to this because sadly she really is

Married to this type of guy.

As a side note, that was incredibly written. I'm thinking with a mind like that though I wouldn't want to get in an argument with you if I was your spouse. So how it would get all twisted to my fault....:laugh:

That made my day! Thanks for the laugh, OP!
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    Funny! Going to show this to my husband. :laugh:
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Options
    Wow - how long did it take you to get that out? I quite like the way the writing is all nicely spaced out and the spelling is very good, especially considering how long it is. No offence my dear, but you don't look like you can spell that well in your photo.:happy:

WTF? Lady... I can't believe you judge someone's intelligence by their looks!

No wonder you only have 4 friends.....
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Funny! Going to show this to my husband. :laugh:

I'm thinking of showing it to mine as well. Possibly for a different reason.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I am just glad my wife is too busy working full time, cooking, cleaning and doing my bidding, to read and respond to this. It would just be more complaining I am sure. :laugh: Believe me, this could not be further form the truth.

I say "jump" and my wife syas "how high... would I have to be to take orders from you".

My wife and I have one of those Ike and Tina turner realtionship... most days I'm Tina :grumble:
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wow - how long did it take you to get that out? I quite like the way the writing is all nicely spaced out and the spelling is very good, especially considering how long it is. No offence my dear, but you don't look like you can spell that well in your photo.:happy:

What the hell are you talkin' about? What the hell would my looks have to do with my spelling?

Rant: Why is it people think they can be freely rude as long as they put in a 'no offense' disclaimer.

Also popularly used: Bless his/her heart
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am cracking up!
    I am also sensing a theme. My husband emailed me a copy of an article from a 1955 issue of good housekeeping yesterday on how to be a good wife...The tips included:
    -Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready, on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned with his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.
    -Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him
    -Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first, remember his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
    -A good wife knows her place.

Oh wow... can you even imagine responses if that kind of article were ran today haha
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    it's almost like people come to these forums looking to be offended, or get into a fight... so much so that something that is a blatantly obvious joke is pounced upon like a tiger on meat.

I really would NOT be offended if a lady wanted to..uh...pounce...on...my....uh...meat....

:p

:)

I teed that one up for you.

You get the WingMan award, my friend :)

:D
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    Options
    Oh and for the other side of the coin, look on You Tube for the "Man Song"

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Y0I91rubg :)

Oh and just booked tickets to Rocky Horror Picture Show... hence the temporary non-piratical avatar.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad this was a joke, because you'd be in biiiig trouble if it weren't :laugh:
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Dear Jim,

It sounds like you are trying your best to be a thoughtful and caring husband. My wife too was having problems paying all the bills at lunchtime. Sometimes when you are doing a mentally challenging task it helps to take a little break and step away. I suggested my wife take a few breaks away from the checkbook and use that time to catch up on the vacuuming. She seemed to appreciate the input and started the vacuum right away without saying a word. In fact, its been several days since she's said anything to me. Isn't it nice to have peace and quiet once in a while?

Bill