I need ideas for low carb breakfast!

Options
There has got to be more out there than eggs and meat for breakfast. I often just skip breakfast because I don;t know what tastes good and is easy to prepare. So for you low carbers, what do you eat or suggest for breakfast???

Replies

• TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    If you miss sweet things for breakfast get a Low carb Protein shake and mix that with Flaxseed to start off your day.
  • Susan_Rae_1
    Susan_Rae_1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to watch this thread for ideas! Says Susan as she finishes her breakfast of yet another serving of egg and 1 slice of ezekiel 4.9 toast. It's satisfying though.
  • siendi
    siendi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Large mushroom with a cheese & bacon filling (or just cheese)

Pepper filled with cheese & bacon & mushroom filling
  • lublue
    lublue Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    3 egg whites, 1/4 cup ground oats (or ground almonds, probably), 1/4 cup natural yoghurt, baking powder + cinammon. Top with berries/a little more yoghurt.

Pancakes! Low cal and low carb.
  • siendi
    siendi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    FLAX BREAD

mix ground flax (1/4 cup) with 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter. Beat in 1 egg. Add 1 tsp of baking powder. Put IT in a bowl that is the shape you want the bread (like round for a bun, for example). Microwave for 1 minute. Immediately turn it over and out of the bowl you cooked it in. In a few minutes it will dry. You can cut in half and you have 2 good size pieces of bread for adding anything, cheese, butter, ham, philadelphia, etc
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    blogilates banana pancake. Real easy to do and tastes great. Mix two whole eggs with 1 banana (chopped and mashed or blended) and then cook on a griddle plate, in a fry pan etc (use spray oil or other low cal options) Takes a couple of mins and tastes like full on pancakes. Yes there is carbs in there in the form of banana but it is good carbs for energy and of course protein from the eggs.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    smoothie!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    What if you skipped breakfast and saved the calories for the bowl of cereal before bed diet?

Its not a real diet but its what I do!
    =D
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    There has got to be more out there than eggs and meat for breakfast. I often just skip breakfast because I don;t know what tastes good and is easy to prepare. So for you low carbers, what do you eat or suggest for breakfast???
    then just skip breakfast. Wait until later to eat
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Make mini souffles! Grease muffin tins really well, brown sausage, bacon, onions, whatever and divide into each tin. Beat some eggs with heavy whipping cream, beat in seasonings, and pour over each filling. Bake at 350 until done, and you have a super filling breakfast!
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    A low carb breakfast is 3-5 eggs and cheese with ham or bacon and a slice of whole grain bread or put it all on a flax round.
  • lanndriscoll
    Options
    Breakfast doesn't have to mean breakfast food. I eat cottage cheese, fruit, veggies. Cook up chicken breast season it or marinate it to your taste, add cooked veggies (onion, peppers, cauliflower, brocoli, whatever you like). Then I package it in individual serving size containers, eat it at home or work, just pop it in the microwave & you have very filling, low carb, hot breakfast.
  • vytamindi
    Options

And THIS is what I do. Not legitimate IF, due to coffee in the morning, but I generally don't eat until I get home from work. I have emergency pork rinds in my desk just in case, but I haven't opened it for weeks.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

Look at Icemans pic!!!! Hes putting together a DRAGON! Simply awesome!
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    FLAX BREAD

mix ground flax (1/4 cup) with 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter. Beat in 1 egg. Add 1 tsp of baking powder. Put IT in a bowl that is the shape you want the bread (like round for a bun, for example). Microwave for 1 minute. Immediately turn it over and out of the bowl you cooked it in. In a few minutes it will dry. You can cut in half and you have 2 good size pieces of bread for adding anything, cheese, butter, ham, philadelphia, etc

This is my absolute favorite breakfast! I eat it with creamcheese and sugarfree jam, absolutely delish and so healthy!:drinker:
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    chia patties with butter and sugar free syrup or sugar free raspberry jam - YUM!
  • vytamindi
    Options
    FLAX BREAD

This is my absolute favorite breakfast! I eat it with creamcheese and sugarfree jam, absolutely delish and so healthy!:drinker:

OK OK! You've convinced me to try it later today! I see it all over the internet, and it appears to be really yummy!

Been staring at a box of flax meal on my counter for a few months, and had no idea what to do with it until now. Thanks!
  • ReinventingLisa
    ReinventingLisa Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I will make an egg cream because eating eggs does get old. My recipe is simple and basic:

- 2 or 3 eggs
    - 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    - 2tbsp HWC
    - stevia to taste
    - ice
    - 1 tbsp flax oil
    - blend until smooth

You can't even tell the egg is in there. What's perfect about egg cream's is that they are fast, so if you have a travel blender, you just put everything in and go. Sometimes I'll add protein in. A little bit of chocolate protein makes this taste like chocolate milk. I'll also make a "pumpkin latte" with the basic recipe. Just add in 1/4 cup warm pureed pumpkin, and I use the Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice coffee. Add a shot of expresso if you have it for more of a strong coffee, add some stevia, eggs and HWC and it's good to go!

If you google egg cream recipes, you should get a ton come up on the LCF board.
  • SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    ^^ Cool recipe.

Thanks for yummy ideas in this thread. The effort-saving answer for low carb diets is "leftovers from last night" but it's not always tasty!
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to watch this thread for ideas! Says Susan as she finishes her breakfast of yet another serving of egg and 1 slice of ezekiel 4.9 toast. It's satisfying though.

Gah! Where the heck do you get this stuff (Ezekiel bread), and does it have whey or milk in it??