I need ideas for low carb breakfast!

Options

Replies

• Montanarush
    Options
    Although I love eggs, meat and cheese, I also eat certain fruits for breakfast, such as blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, purple plum, these are all low on the glycemic index. I eat chicken salad, ham salad, tuna salad, with cheese slices.An example would be like 6 ozs. of chicken salad( made with canned chicken breast, mayonaise, relish, onion, jalapenos, and hot sauce. Jalapenos and hot sauce ramp up your metabolism, and I love the flavor! Usually I eat that with a 1/2 cup of strawberries, blueberries, etc.(only one of those), two slices of cheese. Mix and match. Its not a whole lot of difference but it breaks up the monotony. I also make a crust-less quiche, with spinach, bacon, swiss cheese, onions, and of course, eggs. I can give you the recipe if you want to friend me. Just make sure you start the day with at least 30 grams of protein,(within 3 hrs after rising) and youll burn 40% more fat through the day. Hope this helps!
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump for the topic, saving it up for later :)
  • rlong637
    rlong637 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    she said she believes there is more to life than bacon and eggs, and everyone is all "bacon and eggs", really people?

i love fruit

a handful of grapes
    yogurt -low calorie and so yummy, especially fruit flavored greek yogurt
    peanut butter and celery, laughing cow cheese and celery, hummus and celery
    oatmeal, with fruit or without
    banana dipped in orange juice and shredded coconut (you can freeze it and it is so good)
    trail mix (some cheerios, shreddies, raisins, sunflower seeds)
    higher protein: avocado on a piece of toasted pita
    leftovers!
  • jumadey
    jumadey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    FLAX BREAD

mix ground flax (1/4 cup) with 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter. Beat in 1 egg. Add 1 tsp of baking powder. Put IT in a bowl that is the shape you want the bread (like round for a bun, for example). Microwave for 1 minute. Immediately turn it over and out of the bowl you cooked it in. In a few minutes it will dry. You can cut in half and you have 2 good size pieces of bread for adding anything, cheese, butter, ham, philadelphia, etc

This is my absolute favorite breakfast! I eat it with creamcheese and sugarfree jam, absolutely delish and so healthy!:drinker:

hmmmmmmmm i'm so intrigued, i'm definitely gonna try this! thanks :)
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    FLAX BREAD

mix ground flax (1/4 cup) with 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter. Beat in 1 egg. Add 1 tsp of baking powder. Put IT in a bowl that is the shape you want the bread (like round for a bun, for example). Microwave for 1 minute. Immediately turn it over and out of the bowl you cooked it in. In a few minutes it will dry. You can cut in half and you have 2 good size pieces of bread for adding anything, cheese, butter, ham, philadelphia, etc

This is my absolute favorite breakfast! I eat it with creamcheese and sugarfree jam, absolutely delish and so healthy!:drinker:

OK OK! You've convinced me to try it later today! I see it all over the internet, and it appears to be really yummy!

Been staring at a box of flax meal on my counter for a few months, and had no idea what to do with it until now. Thanks!

Just looked at the ingredients, I actually make mine a bit different. I take 3 tablespoons of ground flax, stopped using the butter and egg and replaced it with a tablespoon of unsweetened applesauce and just the egg white (shaves off at least 100 calories). Two packets of splenda, 1/2-3/4 teaspoon baking powder and one teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa or half of teaspoon of cinnamon ( I like mine sweet). I mix it all up in one of those little takout bowls from the chinese restaurant (wonton soup) and pop it in the microwave for 1 min 20 sec, voila, breakfast (or afternoon snack with coffee) is served.
  • reederx5
    reederx5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have a Yoplait Light Peach yogurt every morning and then around 9 or so I have a regular size banana. I do this almost everyday without fail. It's easy and always tastes yummy. Imagine the possibilities if you like different flavors and they also offer a low carb or carbmaster version.
  • Rosannep1
    Rosannep1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    protein shakes, I like making homemade ones with low fat milk and frozen fruit and the powder, the frozen fruit works great instead of using ice cubes, no chunks, nice and smooth!
  • johnjudy00
    Options
    One Serving Almonds (emerald kind with a flavor)

One Serving Peanuts

One Serving Low Carb Almond or Soy Milk

One Tea Spoon Splenda

One Spoon

One Episode of Ninja Turtles

One Breakfast like when they had cartoons on Saturdays only and Mom and Dad hadn't gotten out of bed.
  • natalieelectra93
    Options
    Quakers Instant Porridge Oats with a teaspoon of Cinnamon and a sweetener :) x
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    This is where the misconception is, you simply dont have to have eggs for breakfast...

It is often I will cook extra the night before. Matter of fact - last night I made Quesadillas using Joseph's low-carb pita pockets (4 net carbs each!!!!!) I had fresh chicken breast marinated in a tequila-lime marinade that I make. Freshly sliced colorful bell peppers, onions, white mushrooms, a good blend of cheeses. Get the pita in the pan in melted butter, salt and pepper, lay the cheese on top, pile on the chicken and veggies. Another slice of cheese goes on top of the veggies.

Fold, then flip over to cook the other side and you get one hell of a crispy but not too crispy quesadilla... OHHHHHH so good.

With the measurements I took for my quesadilla, it was only 11 net grams of carbohydrates and it filled me up..... my husband goes NUTS for these!!!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    she said she believes there is more to life than bacon and eggs, and everyone is all "bacon and eggs", really people?

i love fruit

a handful of grapes
    banana dipped in orange juice and shredded coconut (you can freeze it and it is so good)
    leftovers!

she also asked for low carb...oatmeal, trail mix, and banana dipped in OJ are NOT low carb.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Protein brownies.

1/4 cup whole wheat flour
    3/4 cup cocoa
    1 cup vanilla whey protein powder (use a good quality one - you can replace this with chocolate protein powder if you wish)
    2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
    2/3 cup of canola oil (Or 2 sticks of butter - your choice)
    1 cup of baking Splenda
    1 tsp. vanilla extract (this can be removed if you don't like vanilla)
    2 eggs
    4 egg whites
    2 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (again optional)

Preheat oven to 180 Degrees C.
    Line 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper - Tip: wet the paper and scrunch it up before you try lining the pan. It'll take shape better.

In a small bowl, sieve together flour, cocoa and protein powder. Set aside. Melt chocolate either in a bowl over hot water or in a microwave, add the canola oil (or melted butter) stir until mixed in, then set aside at least five minutes to cool. It has to be cool else it will react with the eggs.

In a large bowl, mix the cooled chocolate/butter with the brown sugar/Splenda, using an electric mixer on medium speed.

Add vanilla to the mix. Add two eggs, mix on low speed, add all egg whites, then mix until batter is smooth.

Add the flour mixture and stir by hand just until all dry ingredients are mixed in and no flour is visible.

Pour batter into the pan and sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips. Cook 20-25 minutes, until centre is firm and level with sides.

If you keep them stored properly they can last for nearly a week.

Anyone who is interested in the nutritional info:
    Servings Per Recipe: 16
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 263.1
    Total Fat: 11.0 g
    Cholesterol: 23.1 mg
    Sodium: 39.1 mg
    Total Carbs: 37.9 g
    Dietary Fibre: 1.8 g
    Protein: 15.2 g

Not entirely low low in carbs, but not bad. And the higher protein content will leave you feeling fuller for longer.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

i love fruit

a handful of grapes
    leftovers!

she also asked for low carb...oatmeal, trail mix, and banana dipped in OJ are NOT low carb.

pish posh
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing pretty much every day for breakfast - 4 egg whites mixed with a cut up veggie sausage, topped with cheese sauce. So satisfying and less than 250 calories!!!
  • kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    protein pancakes! i mix a big scoop protein powder with egg whites, a hint of vanilla extract and flaxseed. I usually add a healthier version of nutella i got at whole foods, and a sliced strawberry. YUM! ( i have also made my own version of nutella with hazelnuts, unsweetened cocoa powder, stevia and almond milk)
  • pooh431bear
    pooh431bear Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ive been having the same problem! This week I changed it up a bit, I have has salads for breakfast, and today a few pieces of deli roast beef with lacey swiss and kosher deli pickle with mayo roll ups. Yeah I am getting the weird looks from co-workers but oh well! lol
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I usually have a shakeology but I'll also have fruit with 4 slices of Turkey bacon with a high protein low carb drink from time to time.
    Large amounts of carbs are found in the man made stuff. If you can go natural you'll cut the carbs.
  • hmcminton
    hmcminton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    low-fat cottage cheese with cucumber and tomato slices
    plain non-fat Greek yogurt with blueberries & strawberries
    Vitalicious VitaTop muffin (deep chocolate is my fave - surprisingly low in carbs and high in protein & fiber, only 100 calories and fills me up).
    These are my go-to low carb breakfasts when i just can't eat any more eggs (although i then try to have a hard boiled egg for my mid-morning snack)
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    protein pancakes! i mix a big scoop protein powder with egg whites, a hint of vanilla extract and flaxseed. I usually add a healthier version of nutella i got at whole foods, and a sliced strawberry. YUM! ( i have also made my own version of nutella with hazelnuts, unsweetened cocoa powder, stevia and almond milk)

This sounds great!