I need ideas for low carb breakfast!

Options

Replies

• murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing pretty much every day for breakfast - 4 egg whites mixed with a cut up veggie sausage, topped with cheese sauce. So satisfying and less than 250 calories!!!

sounds good. Whats a veggie sausage?
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yummy ideas. Thanks!!
  • Lyndseed
    Lyndseed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Smoothies: ice, equal parts canned pumpkin and plain greek yogurt, a bit of unsweetened almond milk, a dash of "pumpkin pie spice," vanilla, and stevia/splenda/whatever you like. The way I make it, it ends up being about 10-12 carbs. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of almond butter for a bit of extra protein and a nuttier flavor.

Also, be sure to get plain canned pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling--there's a huge difference. I've also found that "libby" brand pumpkin seems to have more sugar than the generic store brands.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    im an egg eater in the morning but 30 min to an hr before my runs in snack on fruit afterwards i microwave 2 or 3 eggs with some cheese then put lettuce and a grilled tomato slice (yes im a little odd i like the taste) on whole wheat
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    FLAX BREAD

mix ground flax (1/4 cup) with 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter. Beat in 1 egg. Add 1 tsp of baking powder. Put IT in a bowl that is the shape you want the bread (like round for a bun, for example). Microwave for 1 minute. Immediately turn it over and out of the bowl you cooked it in. In a few minutes it will dry. You can cut in half and you have 2 good size pieces of bread for adding anything, cheese, butter, ham, philadelphia, etc

This is my absolute favorite breakfast! I eat it with creamcheese and sugarfree jam, absolutely delish and so healthy!:drinker:

OK OK! You've convinced me to try it later today! I see it all over the internet, and it appears to be really yummy!

Been staring at a box of flax meal on my counter for a few months, and had no idea what to do with it until now. Thanks!

Just looked at the ingredients, I actually make mine a bit different. I take 3 tablespoons of ground flax, stopped using the butter and egg and replaced it with a tablespoon of unsweetened applesauce and just the egg white (shaves off at least 100 calories). Two packets of splenda, 1/2-3/4 teaspoon baking powder and one teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa or half of teaspoon of cinnamon ( I like mine sweet). I mix it all up in one of those little takout bowls from the chinese restaurant (wonton soup) and pop it in the microwave for 1 min 20 sec, voila, breakfast (or afternoon snack with coffee) is served.

Noted. Can't wait to try this!!!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Smoothies: ice, equal parts canned pumpkin and plain greek yogurt, a bit of unsweetened almond milk, a dash of "pumpkin pie spice," vanilla, and stevia/splenda/whatever you like. The way I make it, it ends up being about 10-12 carbs. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of almond butter for a bit of extra protein and a nuttier flavor.

Also, be sure to get plain canned pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling--there's a huge difference. I've also found that "libby" brand pumpkin seems to have more sugar than the generic store brands.

i'm gonna make this all fall
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    BALUT.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Pre-packed roast chicken legs? Ham? What? You don't approve of my breakfasts? I am offended!
  • PearonaPair
    Options
    Bump for later
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, you don't have to eat yet.

You don't have to eat traditional 'breakfast' foods for breakfast, either. Today I had some plain, full-fat, greek yogurt with half a nectarine cut up in it (and a hard boiled egg). Or blueberries or strawberries. (didn't have any berries left, today) Toss some nuts in. I've had tuna salad before when I had a craving, or cottage cheese. But, I like my bacon (or sausage) & eggs!! so I don't have a lot of other ideas.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I'm not a massive breakfast person but the following are yummy low carb ideas:

Low carb Chocolate & nut energy truffles

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/689756-chocolate-nut-energy-truffles-2-net-carbs-each

Low Carb 60 second flax muffins (MIMs)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/453964-low-carb-muffin-in-a-minute

You can make loads of flavours ie: chocolate, nut, lemon poppyseed, raspberry, blueberry, choc orange, choc mint, coconut etc.... they take 60 seconds in the microwave and taste like cake for about 3-7g NET carbs depending on your add ins.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I will have a Protein Shake. Or I will do a Muffin in a Minute. There are tons of different recipes for those.
  • Susan_Rae_1
    Susan_Rae_1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to watch this thread for ideas! Says Susan as she finishes her breakfast of yet another serving of egg and 1 slice of ezekiel 4.9 toast. It's satisfying though.

Gah! Where the heck do you get this stuff (Ezekiel bread), and does it have whey or milk in it??

I have bought it at my local grocery store and health food store. it's in the freezer section.

Weight: 24 oz
    UPC: 07347200120 2
    Item #: 120C6

Made from freshly sprouted organically grown grains, naturally flavorful and bursting with nutrients. Rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and natural fiber with no added fat.

100% FLOURLESS • COMPLETE PROTEIN • WHOLE GRAIN BREAD GLYCEMIC INDEX: 36 Ezekiel 4:9® Sprouted Grain Bread is inspired by the Holy Scripture verse: "Take also unto thee Wheat, and Barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and Spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make bread of it..."Ez 4:9 We discovered when these six grains and legumes are sprouted and combined, an amazing thing happens. A complete protein is created that closely parallels the protein found in milk and eggs. In fact, the protein quality is so high, that it is 84.3% as efficient as the highest recognized source of protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids. There are 18 amino acids present in this unique bread - from all vegetable sources - naturally balanced in nature. Ezekiel 4:9® Bread is made from freshly sprouted organically grown grains, is naturally flavorful and bursting with nutrients. Rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and natural fiber with no added fat.

INGREDIENTS: Organic Sprouted Whole Wheat, Filtered Water, Organic Malted Barley, Organic Sprouted Whole Millet, Organic Sprouted Whole Barley, Organic Sprouted Whole Lentils, Organic Sprouted Whole Soybeans, Organic Sprouted Whole Spelt, Fresh Yeast, Organic Wheat Gluten, Sea Salt.
  • kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    protein pancakes! i mix a big scoop protein powder with egg whites, a hint of vanilla extract and flaxseed. I usually add a healthier version of nutella i got at whole foods, and a sliced strawberry. YUM! ( i have also made my own version of nutella with hazelnuts, unsweetened cocoa powder, stevia and almond milk)

This sounds great!

It is!!! I read that you can also make them ahead of time and freeze them. I will experiment this weekend
  • RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • haolegurl07
    haolegurl07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump-a-rooni (for ideas) :)
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to watch this thread for ideas! Says Susan as she finishes her breakfast of yet another serving of egg and 1 slice of ezekiel 4.9 toast. It's satisfying though.

Gah! Where the heck do you get this stuff (Ezekiel bread), and does it have whey or milk in it??

I have bought it at my local grocery store and health food store. it's in the freezer section.

Weight: 24 oz
    UPC: 07347200120 2
    Item #: 120C6

Made from freshly sprouted organically grown grains, naturally flavorful and bursting with nutrients. Rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and natural fiber with no added fat.

Thanks SO much for your detailed reply. The hunt begins... Commissaries are woefully lacking.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    A girlfriend of mine eats salads for breakfast. She makes them the night before and chows em down in the morning. Lots of different possibilities there.

Sounds kinda weird but she swears by it. I feel like I need a little caffeine and some carbs in the morning for energy but she says she feels awesome all day.
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    Bump