What do you do with your tuna?

Options

Replies

• amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it... usually.

No, really, I eat it straight out of the packet for a low cal, low fat protein fix.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    At first I thought this was a trick question!! lol

i thought i was the only one lol

oh, and i like mine in a maki roll
  • basketsnorth
    Options
    bump
  • striskjorta
    Options
    option one: make a salad with tuna, paprika, cucumber and red onion.

Option two: one part tuna, and one part low fat feta cheese, mush it together and enjoy :)
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I mix it with horseradish sauce (instead of mayo), sriracha sauce, cooked broccoli, an avocado half, and brown rice.

I don't particularly like the taste of tuna, and I can hardly tell it is there when I mix it with all that other stuff.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Love it mixed with salsa...

also... if you are trying to cut down on carbs... but love tuna salad with noodles..there are 2 things... one is a noddle made from a kind of yam.... sometimes it is mixed with tofu...but you can find it in stores and online with jsut the yam root.....they are called shirataki noodles, and are amazing once you learn how to prepare them right...which can be done in the microwave too ;) they are 3 carbs for half the package..minus the 2 fiber..and you have 1 effective carb! :) only 20 cals for half a package too :) The angel hair ones are the best...some people say the texture is a bit chewy, but the angel hair ones are not. They smell a little * fishy* at first.. rinse them in water... pat them dry...and then you can either dry fry with a lil' cooking spray on the stovetop, or what i do, is put them in the microwave with a bit of spices... garlic powder is awesome on them... sometimes if cals allow, a bit of coconut oil. you can use them ANY way as regular pasta! :)http://www.house-foods.com/Tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx

There is also a noodle out there called dreamfields pasta.. : http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com/low-carb-pasta.html

by the way just looked at your profile...AWESOME work! Your transformation is amazing...Adding you :)
  • ds233005
    ds233005 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I mix a pouch of low sodium tuna with one laughing cow cheese wedge and some relish. You could put it on a salad or in a lettuce wrap. I like mine with crackers. Yum.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    1 can tuna
    1 stalk celery, finely chopped
    palmful of Crasins chopped
    palmful of walnuts chopped
    1-1 1/2 tbsp of light mayo
    s/p
    Mix and chill.

Just ate the whole thing on a piece of pumpernickel bread. Delish.
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with carbs?

they turn into sugar which turn into fat.. :(
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Love it mixed with salsa...

also... if you are trying to cut down on carbs... but love tuna salad with noodles..there are 2 things... one is a noddle made from a kind of yam.... sometimes it is mixed with tofu...but you can find it in stores and online with jsut the yam root.....they are called shirataki noodles, and are amazing once you learn how to prepare them right...which can be done in the microwave too ;) they are 3 carbs for half the package..minus the 2 fiber..and you have 1 effective carb! :) only 20 cals for half a package too :) The angel hair ones are the best...some people say the texture is a bit chewy, but the angel hair ones are not. They smell a little * fishy* at first.. rinse them in water... pat them dry...and then you can either dry fry with a lil' cooking spray on the stovetop, or what i do, is put them in the microwave with a bit of spices... garlic powder is awesome on them... sometimes if cals allow, a bit of coconut oil. you can use them ANY way as regular pasta! :)http://www.house-foods.com/Tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx

There is also a noodle out there called dreamfields pasta.. : http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com/low-carb-pasta.html

by the way just looked at your profile...AWESOME work! Your transformation is amazing...Adding you :)

thank you, I will look into them noodles, that sounds great... Thank you I accepted your request :)
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bumping for ideas for next weeks tuna lunches.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I meow at it, eat it from the can, then lick myself clean. Catwoman style.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Tuna tastes best when wearing a rhinestone collar with a small bell attached.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options

LMAO!!!! Awesome Response. :drinker:
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options

I :heart: you so hard !!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with carbs?

Carbs are magic. Holy crap. I wish I could turn into things.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with carbs?

Carbs are magic. Holy crap. I wish I could turn into things.

Then they turn into rabbits that jump out of hats! Then they flap their little arms and fly to the moon!
  • cyndymar
    cyndymar Posts: 73
    Options
    Love the stuff chop up celery instead of mayo you add fat free yogurt , pepper , onions get creative . Yum or Tuna Patties made some last night you add red pepper, flakes , garlic powder or ral garlic, pepper & egg whites mix it all bunch it together shape it out to a pattie one can makes 2 patties . Add some coconut oil in the pan fry it up till its brown on both sides its yummy .
  • Malcomblh
    Malcomblh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stuffed in a tomato with the celery, onion and light mayo