shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Boy, this thread is from March!

Talk about one from the vaults!

ffff.jpg
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Cheryl and I am an MFP addict...I'm supposed to be working as we speak...But I was getting the shakes...I've been working for weeks and very little posting....I can't stop :sad: :sad:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's all good this is the best addiction I could ever have :bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I am 63, I have never been addicted to anything in my life, I am not about to start now. Being addicted is unhealthy, Just because I check in morning, noon and night and read every post I can and input every morsel of food i eat and just because I have posted too many times to count and just because I think about and pray for people I dont even know and probably will never meet and just because I print every food log, hole punch it and put it in an binder and just because I am disappointed that we can only have pictures of 18 friends and not 118 and just because I feel like I know Mike the creator of the site personally WELL....does that mean I am addicted.. I dont think so. My name is lorelai and I am not an addict. I am in control of being out of control with MFP programs and friends. So there I said it and I feel better now...

Lorelai, so glad you can make it today. Why don't you just have a seat on this computer chair dear. Now the first step is admitting you have a problem. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My name is Mike and I'm an MFP addict. Luckily, I'm also in charge of the IT Dept so I'm watching myself......I trust that guy! :laugh:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My challenge in October is to stay away from MFP for the whole month!!!! Do you think I will make it??? I think I can I think I can...:noway: :noway: :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    My challenge in October is to stay away from MFP for the whole month!!!! Do you think I will make it??? I think I can I think I can...:noway: :noway: :flowerforyou:

NO WAY MAMITA!!! you stay put there lady!!! I miss you enough as it is girl!

so nope...YOU CAN NOT AND WILL NOT DO IT!!! lol...that's an order aguila!:heart:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is jamerz, and I'm an addict. I'm so glad that I found this 12 step program to help me deal with it! Let me show you a little about our group...

Stuart-Smalley-Magnet-C12359389.jpg

#1 We admitted we were powerless over the website -that our lives had finally become manageable.

#2 Came to believe that a MFP greater than ourselves could restore us to healthy caloric management.

#3 Made a decision to turn our food and our exercise over to the care of MFP as we understood it.

#4 Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of cupboards and gym bags.

#5 Admitted to MFP, to ourselves and to our "we put fun in dysfunctional family" the exact nature of our wrongs.

#6 Were entirely ready to have ourselves become healthy and fit.

#7 Humbly asked MFP to remove our carbs and fat.

#8 Made a list of all food we had harmed, and became willing to make delicious and healthy dishes of them..

# 9 Made planning our exercise and eating a priority, wherever possible, except when to do so would injure us.

#10 Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly logged it.

# 11 Sought through exercise and nutriotion to improve our conscious contact with MFP, as we understood the site, praying only for eating our exercise calories and the power to carry that out.

#12 Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to everyone else, and to practice these principles in all our nutritious endeavours.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Chubby Bunny.....and I have an addiction to MFP.
  • shorerider
    Options

#5 Admitted to MFP, to ourselves and to our "we put fun in dysfunctional family" the exact nature of our wrongs.

"When it comes to partying, no one gets down like people in recovery."
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    We have one computer for the family. If I go in to log my calories or exercise and my husband is on the computer, I get anxious and my stomach hurts! Sooo...

My name is Cyndi, and I'm an MFP addict!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    We have one computer for the family. If I go in to log my calories or exercise and my husband is on the computer, I get anxious and my stomach hurts! Sooo...

My name is Cyndi, and I'm an MFP addict!

Thank goodness we have 2 computers, with 2 MFPer's in the house :angry: :grumble: the squabbles would wake the neighbors...but we don't have a problem, do we Jamerz, Jamerz.....Jaammmeeerrzzz? Hmm, haven't seen him for hours....but I KNOW where HE is....nope we don't have a problem here. Nope, I don't have a problem either, married to some guy in a sparkly kilt who lives in 'the pit", email unanswered for days....logging the dog's food and exercise calories, the cats are griping that I'm not doing theirs....nope, no problems here folks.

My name is Ezzie R and I'm just fine!...
    .{{{{:noway: TWITCH:noway: }}}}
    'Scuse me gotta got to a meeting...:wink:
    Ezzie
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I love this site as well! :heart:
  • MChandler
    Options
    My work (high school) has this sight blocked and I can't stand it!!! Anyone know how to get passed those dumb things??
    HELP
  • shorerider
    Options
    My work (high school) has this sight blocked and I can't stand it!!! Anyone know how to get passed those dumb things??
    HELP

Talk to Banks--he's the king on getting around IT stuff like that
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    HELP

That stinks! My employer has just about anything related to "forums" blocked. So no myspace, no youtube, no facebook, etc. But not this way into the site - nope! :devil: I hope it never changes! :wink:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    HELP

Talk to Banks--he's the king on getting around IT stuff like that

Ping the url, and copy down the dotted decimal address, then use that.
  • reet34
    Options
    I Confess!

I visit this site all the time, I can't help it....

First thing before emails and last thing at night and lots in between, and yes it is better than chocolate!
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    HELP

Well, a person COULD use an anonymizer service that proxies your web surfing. If a person were to go to, say:

http://www.the-cloak.com/login.html

with a browser and then type a website they cant access (like MFP, for example) into the "Starting URL" field they MIGHT be re-directed to that website without their employer ever seeing that activity....or so I've heard! :wink:

Of course, if your IT staff is really on the ball they may have blocked anonymizer sites too but, in my 16 years of doing this, most miss this setting. It's worth a try.....good luck.....Mike